Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leon Russell...tour with Stones?
Posted by: mark ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:30

A local paper covering a Leon Russell show lists his credits as touring with the Stones.

Not being one of the more knowledgible on tour statistics....just when did he tour with the Stones, I don't recall his name coming up when Stones keyboardests are mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Leon Russell...tour with Stones?
Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:38

No, but he did play on "Live With Me." Studio version. Can't check from here, but he may also be on "Monkey Grip," which is a pretty cool & fonky album

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:40

he played on the song, live with me in 1969..also helped out bill wyman on a few of his albums...never has he, that i know of ever played with the stones live!

Posted by: mark ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:49

I wondered if the writer may have gotten his sematics mixed up. He probably meant recorded.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: September 13, 2005 20:53

Don't forget Leon Russel's 1969 version of Shine A Light (Get A Line On You) incl. Mick and Charlie! Love that song.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 13, 2005 21:01

Really? Thank you for that tip, Mack! LeonĀ“s a heavy dude.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 13, 2005 21:05

Yes, it was included on the DCC label's gold cd edition of "Leon Russell" ('70) as a bonus track. Charlie & Bill are also elsewhere on this album (most clearly on 'Roll Away the Stone')

Posted by: neophyte ()
Date: September 13, 2005 21:13

Going off at a tangent - been reading "Rolling with the Stones" and Bill states that a backing singer called Claudia Linnear was the partial inspiration for Brown Sugar (this may be common knowledge to many here). Claudia sang with Russell on the "Concert for Bangladesh", I've got it on video somewhere, Russell sings JJF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home