Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O.T Ryanair cancelling around 50 flights a day
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: September 19, 2017 01:05

unfortunately airlines will only pay out the cost of a ticket and not much else but thats no good if someone has had to book with another airline at short notice costing many hundreds of pounds more.

In 2014 i took my kids from stansted to ibiza with ryanair during a french ATC strike, but we were lucky as our flight got grounded for 2 and a half hours but did make it to ibiza, we met many folk in our hotel who had booked other flights home, mainly easyjet and had thier flights cancelled with no one to contact, so had to book flights with other airlines costing hundreds of pounds.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 19, 2017 02:06

buttons67
unfortunately airlines will only pay out the cost of a ticket and not much else but thats no good if someone has had to book with another airline at short notice costing many hundreds of pounds more.

In 2014 i took my kids from stansted to ibiza with ryanair during a french ATC strike, but we were lucky as our flight got grounded for 2 and a half hours but did make it to ibiza, we met many folk in our hotel who had booked other flights home, mainly easyjet and had thier flights cancelled with no one to contact, so had to book flights with other airlines costing hundreds of pounds.

It is EU Law that they must provide an alternative, even with another airline, regardless of cost + €250 compensation. The trouble is, most people don't know this. Those who do often give up at the 1st hurdle. Never accept a refund and pursue them - they will cave as they have to. These people who bought tickets with other airlines should have kept all of the receipts and passed a bill on to Ryanair for the total for reimbursement. Just because they're a low cost airline does not exempt them from any law.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 19, 2017 09:26

Luckyly I'm good

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: September 19, 2017 11:34

Flying to Dublin next week have not heard anything from them....M

Date: September 19, 2017 12:15

My flights to and from Spain are both on. smiling smiley

The cancelled flights list now goes up to 28th October.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-19 12:27 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 19, 2017 12:16

mikey C
Flying to Dublin next week have not heard anything from them....M

There is a complete list of the cancelled flights on their website

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: September 19, 2017 12:46

Thank you Harm I just checked.....All is well...Look's like Dublin-Prague-Dublin Flight's are safe.....Thank you very much was getting a little stressed there for a moment.M:-)

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: September 20, 2017 13:23

My flights berlin - piza was cancelled but I rebooked for berlin - rome. It's not nice because it happen during my way to Zurich and I should think and enjoy only the show tonight. Anyway I am sure that I will attand Lucca on time.

Date: September 20, 2017 14:13

bisonvodka
My flights berlin - piza was cancelled but I rebooked for berlin - rome. It's not nice because it happen during my way to Zurich and I should think and enjoy only the show tonight. Anyway I am sure that I will attand Lucca on time.

Make sure you claim the 250EUR you're legally entitled to as compensation - it's a long way from Rome to Lucca I think!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 20, 2017 15:52

There is EU law, where you are supposed to be rerouted by alternatives. They do also have to pay you an amount of some 250 - 350 Euro if it is late more than a few hours and more than 1-2 hours flight etc.

Still, these EU rules are like if you walk on the sidewalk and a car hit you and you can't walk for the rest of your life. They pay you but is that a good deal for you?

If you are on a Ryanair flight on show day and you are on your way to Zurich and they tell you here you have your 30 Euro refund and see you in court if you start talking about those stupid EU rules... Meanwhile the Stones are on stage while you are a long flight away.

I fly the day before, usually late evening, if I can, and I never fly Ryanair unless I have a backup plan.

Bjornulf

Date: September 20, 2017 17:38

bv
There is EU law, where you are supposed to be rerouted by alternatives. They do also have to pay you an amount of some 250 - 350 Euro if it is late more than a few hours and more than 1-2 hours flight etc.

Still, these EU rules are like if you walk on the sidewalk and a car hit you and you can't walk for the rest of your life. They pay you but is that a good deal for you?

If you are on a Ryanair flight on show day and you are on your way to Zurich and they tell you here you have your 30 Euro refund and see you in court if you start talking about those stupid EU rules... Meanwhile the Stones are on stage while you are a long flight away.

I fly the day before, usually late evening, if I can, and I never fly Ryanair unless I have a backup plan.

Your advice is sound,Bjornulf - I personally wouldn't now dream of flying in on show day for any kind of show, concert or other (and definitely not with Ryan-don't-care!!). I like to make a long break of it - I recently arrived in Hamburg on the Wednesday night, hoping to catch the rehearsals, which I did. A day's delay and I would still easily have made the show. The last time I did was 10 years ago (Stones, Paris ABB 2007). The EU Rules are there and needed (imho) but if you miss a show, you're very right to say that you'll never get that time back.

For many though, constraints of time mean that there's no choice and were I in that situation then I would use BA/Lufthansa or whoever. 2 posters on this board flew from Oslo into Hamburg on showday with a non Budget Airline and they were messed about horribly, arriving at 2pm instead of 9am. They still easily made it to the show though.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home