Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 127
Re: Mick about tour in Great Brittain
Date: November 8, 2017 14:22

monkeymark
marquess
Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 2006

Free show

And also the first Hyde Park show in the seventies

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 8, 2017 14:29

slewan
Farewell tour seems to be appropiriate

[Gasp!] Bite your tongue!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 8, 2017 14:36

DandelionPowderman
monkeymark
marquess
Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, 2006

Free show

And also the first Hyde Park show in the seventies

Yep. Altamont 1969 was free too. So I make it 2 free shows since 1969 -

Copacabana 2006 (good shout marquess!)
Havana 2016

I will happily stand corrected if someone with in depth knowledge knows of any more.

Here in Rip-Off Britain, they might surprise us but I really can't see a free show happening anywhere. The traffic and crowds would be chaos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-08 14:45 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 8, 2017 14:37

Great news and cant wait.

Hope they announce venues asap.

My sister just said Mick was on telly on about Uk tour next year.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: November 8, 2017 14:40

They tried to give everyone their money back for the Sticky Fingers show at the Fonda right? So does that count as a kind-of free show lol?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: November 8, 2017 14:48

I really want a new studio album and I agree with Ia billen, if there's no
Mention on the progress on the album the next few months, then I don't
See it happening sadly.

Date: November 8, 2017 14:48

odean73

They won't for insurance reasons. They have to pay tour cancellation insurance from official show anouncement to showtime. It's chargeable per day and at their ages it won't be cheap, all the more so with Ronnie's recent scare.

I think we're looking at early Spring for an official anouncement, though dates will likely leak out well before then.

Date: November 8, 2017 14:51

grzegorz67
odean73

They won't for insurance reasons. They have to pay tour cancellation insurance from official show anouncement to showtime. It's chargeable per day and at their ages it won't be cheap, all the more so with Ronnie's recent scare.

I think we're looking at early Spring for an official anouncement, though dates will likely leak out well before then.

Thanks for the info.

Too much excitement. hot smiley

Date: November 8, 2017 14:58

odean73
grzegorz67
odean73

Thanks for the info.

It's not info, only an educated guess based on past form! I'm no insider winking smiley

We got 2 and a half months' notice for 14 on Fire Europe and just under 4 months for No Filter.

The great thing about UK shows is if you live here and come by last gasp good tickets, most shows are reachable at short notice. I'm excited too hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-08 15:00 by grzegorz67.

Date: November 8, 2017 15:08

grzegorz67
odean73
grzegorz67
odean73

Thanks for the info.

It's not info, only an educated guess based on past form! I'm no insider winking smiley

We got 2 and a half months' notice for 14 on Fire Europe and just under 4 months for No Filter.

The great thing about UK shows is if you live here and come by last gasp good tickets, most shows are reachable at short notice. I'm excited too hot smiley

No probs, i did know what you meant.

Cheers.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 8, 2017 15:16

Ace strategist is Mick..........How to get the talk off Noor.......start talkng Toor..........

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 8, 2017 15:47

EddieByword
Ace strategist is Mick..........How to get the talk off Noor.......start talkng Toor..........

Thats what i thought.
Very clever strategy.
jeroen

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 8, 2017 16:05

They could do a four gig residency in the big O2 where LZ played and 2 up north. Perhaps one in Manchester area and one in Ireland or Scotland. How about a double bill with U2 and some support bands? Make a day of it in North UK.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 8, 2017 16:21

Nate
We've had no security and no filter so now it's time for the no ticket tour.
All shows are free.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No SatisFACTION

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 8, 2017 17:00

Does anyone have a clip of Mick on the tele? smiling smiley

Date: November 8, 2017 17:10

Christiaan
[www.contactmusic.net]

The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger has revealed the group are planning UK gigs for next year.

The Rolling Stones are planning UK gigs for next year.

British fans of the rock group - which includes Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts - were devastated to find out that the band had missed out the UK on their last tour, the No Filter European Tour, earlier this year but Mick has now revealed the group are ''getting plans in place'' to perform in the UK in 2018.

Mick told The Sun newspaper: ''We were disappointed not to perform in the UK on our recent jaunt and we're looking forward to getting plans in place to do so next year.''

The Rolling Stones' last big gigs in the UK were back in 2013, when they performed two shows at London's Hyde Park and also had one of the headline slots at the iconic Glastonbury Festival.

Ronnie made his return to stage for the first time since his battle with lung cancer on the first night of their European tour and said it was a ''gift'' to be back doing what he loves.

He said: ''We're all equally surprised at how great the vibe is, because we love to make people happy with our music, and it seems to work. It's like a gift that can't be bought. It's an amazing feeling.''

And Keith has reassured fans that the band - who have been going strong for more than five decades - still have plenty of life in them yet.

He added: ''We haven't finished yet. It's still too early for me to talk about the Stones' legacy. There's one thing that we haven't yet achieved, and that's to really find out how long you can do this. It's still such a joy to play with this band that you can't really let go of it. I'm more interested in learning how far this bunch can take it.''

Contactmusic

Are there any new statements in this article at all? I can't find any...

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 8, 2017 17:34

DandelionPowderman

Well, not really. Except the fact that the last official comment was “Sorry to our UK fans there are no UK dates on this run due to lack of available venues because of sporting fixtures. Hope to be here in 2018.”

And now it seems they are actually planning those dates (probably all venues are already booked). So a little more tangible I would say. Next phase is to make the dates public. Hopefully somewhere in jan/feb?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 8, 2017 17:46

EddieByword

grinning smiley

Date: November 8, 2017 18:06

jackflash27
DandelionPowderman

Well, not really. Except the fact that the last official comment was “Sorry to our UK fans there are no UK dates on this run due to lack of available venues because of sporting fixtures. Hope to be here in 2018.”

And now it seems they are actually planning those dates (probably all venues are already booked). So a little more tangible I would say. Next phase is to make the dates public. Hopefully somewhere in jan/feb?

They are probably planning it, but the journalist hasn't really found anything to back that up, rather than old quotes smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 8, 2017 18:18

EddieByword

If it doesn't work, will Noor take the Door?

Date: November 8, 2017 18:31

Good title song..noor take the door
Jeroen

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: November 8, 2017 18:51

European tour in Autumn 2017, if they tour UK in March 2018, Hum! should be like in 70/71 and after that, the next exile to retirement!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 8, 2017 19:42

grzegorz67
They won't for insurance reasons. They have to pay tour cancellation insurance from official show anouncement to showtime.

I don't get the point. I know that there has to be some insurance contract to cover the costs in case a tour has been canceled. But just announcing shows doesn't come with any costs or causes any costs. Thus no inscurance is needed.
Insurence (and inscurance costs) come up when there is something, i.e. some risk to insure against, for example tickets already being sold, contracts being signed, workers employed, venues reserved etc. Nothing alike comes with Mick Jagger (or anyone else) saying that the Stones are going to play 5 gigs in London (just for example). It might be a little bit different if they say they're going to play a festival for which tickets are already on sale (or going on sale any time soon).

Date: November 8, 2017 20:00

slewan
grzegorz67
They won't for insurance reasons. They have to pay tour cancellation insurance from official show anouncement to showtime.

I don't get the point. I know that there has to be some insurance contract to cover the costs in case a tour has been canceled. But just announcing shows doesn't come with any costs or causes any costs. Thus no inscurance is needed.
Insurence (and inscurance costs) come up when there is something, i.e. some risk to insure against, for example tickets already being sold, contracts being signed, workers employed, venues reserved etc. Nothing alike comes with Mick Jagger (or anyone else) saying that the Stones are going to play 5 gigs in London (just for example). It might be a little bit different if they say they're going to play a festival for which tickets are already on sale (or going on sale any time soon).

Whenever they've officially anounced any tours in recent years, the tickets have gone on sale within a few days, so costs and risks ARE incurred from that point. What they currently appear to be doing is gently putting the word about that a tour is being planned to create public interest in what is a big market for them (their home country, 65 million people and no gigs there in 5 years), without actually anouncing any specifics yet.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 8, 2017 20:15

grzegorz67
slewan
grzegorz67

Whenever they've officially anounced any tours in recent years, the tickets have gone on sale within a few days, so costs and risks ARE incurred from that point. What they currently appear to be doing is gently putting the word about that a tour is being planned to create public interest in what is a big market for them (their home country, 65 million people and no gigs there in 5 years), without actually anouncing any specifics yet.

right, but my point is that the risk and the costs don't come with an anouncement, but with putting tickets on sale etc… A pure announcement is for free (just like they are keep on anouncing a new record). And that fact that in the past tickets were put on sale shortly after tour anouncments had been made doesn't mean anything for the future.

Anyway: I totally agree on what you said about their strategy of creating public interest, to keep the Stones in the news etc.

Re: 2018 Tour of UK
Date: November 8, 2017 22:48

So, don’t get your hopes up?

Did Mick actually go on TV last few days and say ‘yes, England’ ?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 8, 2017 23:31

THE ENGLAND LOST TOUR 2018
(Farewell UK)

1. Aberdeen Scotland
2. Edinburgh Scotland
3. Glasgow Scotland
4. Cardiff Wales
5. ISLE OF MAN festival 21-24 june 2018
6. Dublin Ireland

7. BOSTON USA
8. NEW YORK CITY USA

Date: November 9, 2017 00:27

According to the Sun,
and a source named literally Bizzare,
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
England as close to Yes as you can get this far away.
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Let’s start a paper called
‘Swear to God it’s true’
(at least that’s what ‘they’ told me)

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: November 9, 2017 00:49

RipThisBone
THE ENGLAND LOST TOUR 2018
(Farewell UK)

1. Aberdeen Scotland
2. Edinburgh Scotland
3. Glasgow Scotland
4. Cardiff Wales
5. ISLE OF MAN festival 21-24 june 2018
6. Dublin Ireland

7. BOSTON USA
8. NEW YORK CITY USA

Why the two dates at the end?

Date: November 9, 2017 02:06

ouroux58
European tour in Autumn 2017, if they tour UK in March 2018, Hum! should be like in 70/71 and after that, the next exile to retirement!

I think it will be rather mid June to half of august for UK gigs. Weather will be better.
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home