Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 31, 2017 13:00

stone4ever
Just wondering if the Stones will finish the new album by the time this tour kicks off.
It would come as a welcome incentive and give more meaning and validity to the tour, not to mention some brand new songs to hear live hot smiley

Oh please Stones, new album for new tour, London OMG i can't wait. smileys with beer

thumbs up

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: October 31, 2017 14:36

KRiffhard
stone4ever
Just wondering if the Stones will finish the new album by the time this tour kicks off.
It would come as a welcome incentive and give more meaning and validity to the tour, not to mention some brand new songs to hear live hot smiley

Oh please Stones, new album for new tour, London OMG i can't wait. smileys with beer

thumbs up

One other thing I have been thinking about is the length of some songs , shorten Miss You and Rambler down to 6-7 minutes and you could easily add on 2-3 numbers!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 31, 2017 21:33

Who in their right mind would want to shorten midnight rambler.

Nate

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 31, 2017 22:19

Nate

Nate

Quite. I don't think it would work as a normal length song. All the different stages give it an operatic feeling and shortening it would ruin all of that. Also, there are lengthy parts of the song where Mick doesn't sing and merely dances around.

The outros of several other songs are lengthy instrumental only - all give Mick a chance to pace himself and conserve his voice.

I think the UK shows next year will be similar to the tour just ended. Definitely the same stage set, with perhaps a reshuffling of the song order. 2-3 surprises at most. But it will still be well worth going.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 31, 2017 23:01

grzegorz67
I think the UK shows next year will be similar to the tour just ended. Definitely the same stage set, with perhaps a reshuffling of the song order. 2-3 surprises at most.

Yep. That's what I think too.
And the name of the tour in UK?
With Filter? grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 1, 2017 01:50

MAF
grzegorz67
I think the UK shows next year will be similar to the tour just ended. Definitely the same stage set, with perhaps a reshuffling of the song order. 2-3 surprises at most.

Yep. That's what I think too.
And the name of the tour in UK?
With Filter? grinning smiley

The name of the Tour will be: Which woman is next after Noor???
jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 1, 2017 02:00

Nate

Nate

Sacrilege - whoever thinks that should be have their fan badge revoked and banished to a remote island inhabited by headhunters and cannibals.
And where music is thought of as the Devil's work, and absolutely not allowed! (except for the natives banging human skulls together while they prepare for their feast)

winking smiley

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: November 1, 2017 03:27

reality - they can do whatever the @#$%& they want

thought - they should stop these stadium monstrosities, they should stop stretching the show for hours. the second paris I attended was 2 and a half hours, what the @#$%&. this is a rock n roll show, give me all you got in 90 mins max and get the @#$%& out. it does not matter where the last show was or will be, this is life, rock n roll, its not supposed to be some stupid happy ending. do a small gig sometime just for fun. or do many, make me @#$%& pissed off that I cant get a ticket, or give me one, because i am a fan. do something that is different, do someting other than a stupid 3 hours long stadium shit thats been the same for decades. sell out wembley and play only acoustic set on stools. piss off some people, make some others happy. play somwhere fun or stupid. but do something. because this is playing the same shit waiting who dies first.keith doesn even like half the songs anymore. I dont blame him.
and if they are really that into money, which they are, well they want 750 in a gigantic stadium already, so i would even pay them a lot for something different that would make them rich and happy.

if they will really play next year and I will have some free time and money, I will go see them, but its only because they will be "home" and I am young and did not get the chance to see them too many times.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2017 11:15

corriecas

The name of the Tour will be: Which woman is next after Noor???

Or: '14 New Flames' winking smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 1, 2017 14:45

bv
There is no economical crisis in UK. And if there was, even more so, they would need The Rolling Stones to build up momentum for a better life and more happiness. Who needs a five room apartment in central London if you can get a pit ticket to see the Stones?

Hear hear!!!!!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 1, 2017 14:47

corriecas
Nate
Need another fix

Nate

I need 4 PIT Fixes for the UK 2018 Tour.
Jeroen

Me too - or at least 3 smiling smiley

Date: November 1, 2017 15:58

more rumours about stones at werchter 2018....

strange

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 1, 2017 16:02

Rolling Stones to Rock Werchter festival in Belgium?:
[festileaks.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-01 16:03 by spunky.

Date: November 1, 2017 16:14

spunky
[festileaks.com]

Sounds feasible. I can imagine them doing a few shows in Continental Europe first so that they hit the ground running with a few gigs under their belt by the time they arrive in the UK. The UK press have been hard on them in the past and they'll want to be in best shape for their gigs here.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 1, 2017 16:48

Continental Europe would be just great!

Which towns could it be?

Date: November 1, 2017 16:52

dead.flowers
Continental Europe would be just great!

Which towns could it be?

Preparing for the hell of werchter again haha

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 1, 2017 16:55

dead.flowers

Which towns could it be?

Beside Werchter maybe Berlin as well as some cities in Eastern Europe ....

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 1, 2017 16:57

grzegorz67
spunky
[festileaks.com]

Sounds feasible. I can imagine them doing a few shows in Continental Europe first so that they hit the ground running with a few gigs under their belt by the time they arrive in the UK. The UK press have been hard on them in the past and they'll want to be in best shape for their gigs here.

As said before there will of course be no 13-14 concerts leg touching only UK and Ireland. There's no demand at today's prices. They will fill it up with some things like Oslo/Helsinki. Germany (Frankfurt or Stuttgart?), Werchter, Prague or Warsaw, former Yugoslavia etc.

Date: November 1, 2017 17:11

Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
spunky
[festileaks.com]

As said before there will of course be no 13-14 concerts leg touching only UK and Ireland. There's no demand at today's prices. They will fill it up with some things like Oslo/Helsinki. Germany (Frankfurt or Stuttgart?), Werchter, Prague or Warsaw, former Yugoslavia etc.

According to people in the know, it will. Do you have other information?

I don't know myself, but we gotta keep in mind that this could be their farewell tour (albeit perhaps not formally). If so, they won't settle with 4-5 shows in UK and Ireland, imo.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 1, 2017 17:20

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
spunky
[festileaks.com]

I don't know myself, but we gotta keep in mind that this could be their farewell tour (albeit perhaps not formally). If so, they won't settle with 4-5 shows in UK and Ireland, imo.

I have no information but I am realistic. Not even 1990 had 14 UK shows.

Date: November 1, 2017 17:37

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
spunky
[festileaks.com]

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: November 1, 2017 17:39

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
spunky
[festileaks.com]

Maybe some clubshows in London, Manchester and Glasgow, in combination with big arena/stadium shows? That would be something.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 1, 2017 19:26

This is perfectly reasonable, in my opinion :-

Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Newcastle
Sheffield
Manchester
Cardiff
London

Date: November 1, 2017 19:53

Big Al

Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Newcastle
Sheffield
Manchester
Cardiff
London

D,B.G,C and L(multiple times) for me it is then, and PIT Tickets !!
Jeroen

Date: November 1, 2017 19:54

Big Al

Dublin
Belfast
Glasgow
Newcastle
Sheffield
Manchester
Cardiff
London

Where would they play in Belfast & Sheffield ? There are decent stadia in all the rest and I agree. Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield is no more. You can probably add Knebworth. I think they'll do Wembley as they've not played it since it was rebuilt.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 1, 2017 20:04

grzegorz67
Where would they play in Belfast?

Ed Sheeran is playing the Boucher Playing Fields next Summer. Maybe it could be a suitable venue for the Stones?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 1, 2017 20:29

grzegorz67
roller99
Scotland is a go.

Excellent. I'm a native so I'll be there! For those non Scots attending, be prepared for a wild audience grinning smiley I was at BtB Edinburgh in 1999 and Licks Glasgow Show 1 in 2003. The Wildest Audiences in Northern Europe for sure and perhaps not far behind those in the South.

Edinburgh is due for a date -- I was there in 99 too -- and it's been Glasgow ever since.

Date: November 1, 2017 20:50

little queenie
grzegorz67
roller99
Scotland is a go.

Excellent. I'm a native so I'll be there! For those non Scots attending, be prepared for a wild audience grinning smiley I was at BtB Edinburgh in 1999 and Licks Glasgow Show 1 in 2003. The Wildest Audiences in Northern Europe for sure and perhaps not far behind those in the South.

Edinburgh is due for a date -- I was there in 99 too -- and it's been Glasgow ever since.

Great. Once had a love in edinbrugh, Linda. Great gal and she could drink me under the table and she was a lot of fun.
Jeroen

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 1, 2017 22:48

Big Al
DartfordRenegade
Big Al
So, if the Stones have decided to embark on their first proper U.K. Tour since 1971, what can the public realistically expect? Ideally, Northern Ireland should get its first Stones show since 1965; a show apiece in Scotland and Wales; a show in the north and midlands of England - Newcastle and Birmingham, perhaps - and rounding things of with a trio of performances at North Greenwich's 02 Arena. Oh, and Knebworth, too.

That all sounds good Big Al but I personally think they should round it all off where it all began in Dartford (well at least for Mick and Keith)! They could do a few warm up club type shows at the Mick Jagger Centre and then finish up with a big show in central park as headliners at the Dartford show. Of course as that show is funded by Dartford council tax payers tickets should only be sold to people with a DA1 postcode. Don't worry as you are an ex-resident I will sort you out a ticket. grinning smiley

Ha-ha, thank you. I miss DA1. If they ever perform in GU17, I'll return the favour!

Ha! Well that's a thought, playing at The Mick Jagger Centre, a venue for a few hundred people max, in Mick's old school......maybe just for people living within, say, a 20 mile radius, us who started them off on their road to fame and fortune, only to be just a little neglected, shall we say, in the years to follow?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 1, 2017 23:04

spunky
[festileaks.com]

Not for me, thanks. My feet still ache from last time!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home