Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of U.K.
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 11, 2017 22:41

Harlem Shuffler
slewan
bv
UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about.

I really doubt that the UK market is big enough for 10-12 shows – especially in case they are doing a big festial show and given that the UK is going to face a serve economilcal crisis in 2018… (well, how many people in Northern England will be able to afford tickets starting at 150 GBP?)

Did you mean to say "severe economic crisis"? Assuming you did, why is it a "given"?

sorry, typo of course.
Well, I don't see any way to avoid an economic crises – the UK government is very weak and in serious troubles right now. Brexit is very close and time is runnig away (and time is surely not on UKs side) All this is surely not creating situation in which people are likely to spend a hell lot of money on concerts.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 11, 2017 22:57

slewan
Harlem Shuffler
slewan
bv
UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about.

I really doubt that the UK market is big enough for 10-12 shows – especially in case they are doing a big festial show and given that the UK is going to face a serve economilcal crisis in 2018… (well, how many people in Northern England will be able to afford tickets starting at 150 GBP?)

Did you mean to say "severe economic crisis"? Assuming you did, why is it a "given"?

sorry, typo of course.
Well, I don't see any way to avoid an economic crises – the UK government is very weak and in serious troubles right now. Brexit is very close and time is runnig away (and time is surely not on UKs side) All this is surely not creating situation in which people are likely to spend a hell lot of money on concerts.

Rubbish. If people want to see the Stones in the UK, they'll do so. Our economy has continued to grow since the Brexit Vote. The Government is weak, but the economy is not. And the live music industry is perfectly healthy here. Thanks.
I voted remain btw, but I accept the result and we just have to get on with it.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2017 10:23

DartfordRenegade
Big Al
So, if the Stones have decided to embark on their first proper U.K. Tour since 1971, what can the public realistically expect? Ideally, Northern Ireland should get its first Stones show since 1965; a show apiece in Scotland and Wales; a show in the north and midlands of England - Newcastle and Birmingham, perhaps - and rounding things of with a trio of performances at North Greenwich's 02 Arena. Oh, and Knebworth, too.

That all sounds good Big Al but I personally think they should round it all off where it all began in Dartford (well at least for Mick and Keith)! They could do a few warm up club type shows at the Mick Jagger Centre and then finish up with a big show in central park as headliners at the Dartford show. Of course as that show is funded by Dartford council tax payers tickets should only be sold to people with a DA1 postcode. Don't worry as you are an ex-resident I will sort you out a ticket. grinning smiley

Ha-ha, thank you. I miss DA1. If they ever perform in GU17, I'll return the favour!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 14, 2017 10:09

Big Al
DartfordRenegade
Big Al
So, if the Stones have decided to embark on their first proper U.K. Tour since 1971, what can the public realistically expect? Ideally, Northern Ireland should get its first Stones show since 1965; a show apiece in Scotland and Wales; a show in the north and midlands of England - Newcastle and Birmingham, perhaps - and rounding things of with a trio of performances at North Greenwich's 02 Arena. Oh, and Knebworth, too.

That all sounds good Big Al but I personally think they should round it all off where it all began in Dartford (well at least for Mick and Keith)! They could do a few warm up club type shows at the Mick Jagger Centre and then finish up with a big show in central park as headliners at the Dartford show. Of course as that show is funded by Dartford council tax payers tickets should only be sold to people with a DA1 postcode. Don't worry as you are an ex-resident I will sort you out a ticket. grinning smiley

Ha-ha, thank you. I miss DA1. If they ever perform in GU17, I'll return the favour!

The Eel Pie and Crawdaddy clubs are still operating in Richmond and Twickenham, if they feel like doing a historic club gig.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 14, 2017 17:47

grzegorz67
slewan
Harlem Shuffler
slewan
bv

sorry, typo of course.

Rubbish. If people want to see the Stones in the UK, they'll do so. Our economy has continued to grow since the Brexit Vote. The Government is weak, but the economy is not. And the live music industry is perfectly healthy here. Thanks.

And people will come from all over the world to see the Stones. 10-12 shows easy to fill.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 14, 2017 18:52

grzegorz67
slewan
Harlem Shuffler
slewan
bv

sorry, typo of course.

thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 14, 2017 19:15

There is no economical crisis in UK. And if there was, even more so, they would need The Rolling Stones to build up momentum for a better life and more happiness. Who needs a five room apartment in central London if you can get a pit ticket to see the Stones?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 17, 2017 03:50

bv
There is no economical crisis in UK. And if there was, even more so, they would need The Rolling Stones to build up momentum for a better life and more happiness. Who needs a five room apartment in central London if you can get a pit ticket to see the Stones?

Amen!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 17, 2017 10:29

Cristiano Radtke
Woz
I wouldn't ask for your sources as I know how that goes! I'm just expressing my opinion based on observation and history......and I am not sure which one I find more unlikely....probably Zeppelin, but I don't see either of them happening. And I'd love to be wrong because I would fly over in an instant.

I'm not sure if this was already posted on the Led Zeppelin thread, but I think it's worth pasting it here: [ledzepnews.com]

Well, according to Mr Plant, who is currently doing PR for his new album, there will be NO reunion.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:25

Thinking of getting 3 Lucky Dip tickets and 3 Pit tickets next year.
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 19:33

corriecas
Jeroen

Will definitely Lucky Dip the whole tour if I can grinning smiley

Date: October 17, 2017 19:59

grzegorz67
corriecas
Jeroen

Will definitely Lucky Dip the whole tour if I can grinning smiley

Well,thats another option!!!
My wife will be allright with that.

So... 14 Lucky dip gigs for me , next year.
Hahaha
Jeroen

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:01

And why not UK + other European countries in 2018? I mean, if the Stones are stabilizing the "tour of 12- 13 gigs" model, they could also visit cities and countries which didn't attended Stones gigs in 2014 and 2017. Countries like Finland and some from East Europe. Or cities like Porto (last gig took place in 2006 there). And maybe a few additional German/Holland concerts. 5-6 UK + 5-6 other European gigs would seem a realistic and logical plan to me.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:07

Makes sense, 12 shows in the UK seems unlikely unless they cram in several festivals.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 17, 2017 20:22

gotdablouse
Makes sense, 12 shows in the UK seems unlikely unless they cram in several festivals.

Knebworth!!
jeroen

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:37

laertisflash
And why not UK + other European countries in 2018? I mean, if the Stones are stabilizing the "tour of 12- 13 gigs" model, they could also visit cities and countries which didn't attended Stones gigs in 2014 and 2017. Countries like Finland and some from East Europe. Or cities like Porto (last gig took place in 2006 there). And maybe a few additional German/Holland concerts. 5-6 UK + 5-6 other European gigs would seem a realistic and logical plan to me.

I think that's exactly how it's gonna be as a newspaper already wrote we can expect the stones in Belgium next year.

UK + Ireland and the countries not visited in 2017 like Belgium, Norway, Portugal,... and some certain sell outs.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 17, 2017 20:42

Amen,BS...

Date: October 17, 2017 21:02

Bjornulf has mentioned in one of his earlier posts, about one week ago, that it will be a full(10-12 shows)Uk Tour.
So no european Gigs.
Jeroen

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:03

BowieStone
laertisflash

I think that's exactly how it's gonna be as a newspaper already wrote we can expect the stones in Belgium next year.

UK + Ireland and the countries not visited in 2017 like Belgium, Norway, Portugal,... and some certain sell outs.

Where did you read about Belgium? Do you have a link?

Date: October 17, 2017 21:07

Bjornulfs post..Oct 7 2017:

UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about. Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and of course England shows. Don't book your holiday to Spain next summer. Tell your partner UK is a great place to be in the summer of 2018.

Bjornulf

There you have it.
jeroen

Date: October 17, 2017 21:14

spunky
BowieStone
laertisflash

Here you go.

I don't know 'Moustique', and I'm Belgian. So I don't know how trustworthy that is.

Date: October 17, 2017 21:16

corriecas

UK will have it's fair share of Stones shows next summer. A whole tour, may be 10-12 shows, that is what they are talking about. Knebworth three days with wish list mega-acts The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and one more. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and of course England shows. Don't book your holiday to Spain next summer. Tell your partner UK is a great place to be in the summer of 2018.

Bjornulf

There you have it.
jeroen

He also wrote The Stones would tour in the summer of 2017.
Things change.

Knebworth with Led Zeppelin is never gonna happen.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:34

BowieStone
spunky
BowieStone
laertisflash

Here you go.

I don't know 'Moustique', and I'm Belgian. So I don't know how trustworthy that is.

(Tele-)Moustique is the French counterpart of the Flemish magazine HUMO.

Date: October 17, 2017 21:38

BowieStone
corriecas

Bjornulf

There you have it.
jeroen

He also wrote The Stones would tour in the summer of 2017.
Things change.

Knebworth with Led Zeppelin is never gonna happen.

Because of Ronnie's operation it was delayed.
jeroen

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:49

Much as I would love to see a 2nd Zeppelin reunion, I really doubt that will happen....Plant is more than happy with his current band and creating new music and hates nostalgia. I think Led Zeppelin have had their day.

The Stones UK tour is, as BV states more than likely and 12 shows would be perfect. 3 in London, Knebworth, Scotland, Wales Ireland and then maybe 3 shows in England Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle have all hosted them before and would all be popular.

I'm guessing this would be the last time (I said that in 82!) But reality bites and both Keith and ROnnie may not have the health to do any more tours...mini or otherwise.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: October 17, 2017 21:56

crumbling_mice
...reality bites and both Keith and ROnnie may not have the health to do any more tours...mini or otherwise.

I thought the same thing before each concert this time. I went to A'dam and Arnhem. Even in the hot and sweaty Gelredome they were so powerful and great. I am sure they will do much more than this. But sure, nothing lasts forever.

Date: October 19, 2017 16:15

So..from half of june till end of july 2018 or july and august.i have to apply for my holiday breaks in time. What period should be okay.
Jeroen.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 19, 2017 17:30

Man, I'm in danger of getting a little envyous here - 10 or more shows only for 2 islands ... I couild imagine 10 shows in almost any european country, too.

But then, it's still their homeland; I guess that's why. Like sayin' goodby ... uuh, no, not really, right?

Date: October 19, 2017 17:58

We all know it will happen one day right..But after seen them 4 times on this tour they have got a few gigs in them for sure.
Jeroen

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: October 19, 2017 21:42

June / July has to be favourite....they always (nearly) tour in World Cup year during the tournament, maybe with Knebworth tacked on at the end in early August.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home