Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Buying at amazon UK from the US.
Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:08

Just to know. If you are in the US and buy a couple of CD's or Vinyls from Amazon UK you have to make any customs clearance or pay any import tax or something when you got the order at your US address ?

Thanks
Fernando

Re: OT: Buying at amazon UK from the US.
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:18

If you do, they will most likely include that in the shipping price within Amazon. I've only made one purchase the way your describing and can't remember how it was handled in that case which makes me believe it was done automatically, if at all. I've made MANY purchases through Amazon.com from re-sellers in the UK and again, any "special charges" were always handled through the purchase process at amazon.

Bottom line: Never have I been hit with additional charges upon delivery regardless of placing the order at amazon.uk or amazon.com.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:21

Bought the limited time special deal from Amazom UK on Blue & Lonesome Deluxe(x 3) and didn't injure any additional charges...

Date: September 15, 2017 01:23

MisterDDDD
Bought the limited time special deal from Amazom UK on Blue & Lonesome Deluxe(x 3) and didn't injure any additional charges...

Now that I think about it, that's what I got from Amazon.uk as well.

I think you won't have any surprises Fernandobsas

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 15, 2017 01:24

Many thanks. I asking becouse I live in Argentina, so here we pay 50 % of the value of the order as taxes. So what do I do ? I send the order to a friend who lives in the US and travels once a month to Argentina and he brings me my music, he is like my music dealer.

Now I want to buy something from amazon UK and dont want to bother him with extra costs.

Many Thanks
Fernando

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2017 01:27

Could you buy it directly from Amazon US and have it shipped to your friend in the States?
Or is it exclusive to Amazon UK and/or a cheaper price?

Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: September 15, 2017 02:20

In the US I've always managed to avoid paying any duty on shipments from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de
I've probably shipped well over 20 CDs, LPs, books and box sets over the years.

Date: September 15, 2017 02:36

Hairball,

I allways buy from amazon us and send the order to my friend in the us, but the reason I want to buy this time from amazon uk instead from amazon us is that there are some items that amazon uk has and amazon us has not, for example a box with 5 cds of AC/DC of radio broadcasted concerts.

thanks to everybody for their info.
Fernando

Date: September 15, 2017 04:12

Fernandobsas
Hairball,

I allways buy from amazon us and send the order to my friend in the us, but the reason I want to buy this time from amazon uk instead from amazon us is that there are some items that amazon uk has and amazon us has not, for example a box with 5 cds of AC/DC of radio broadcasted concerts.

thanks to everybody for their info.
Fernando

OK Fernando...that's what I thought the reason might be! thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2017 04:34

it depends. i've been hit with levy's and special courier charges from time to time. just complain to amazon and they will make it right.

never had an issue that they didn't fix, their customer service is excellent.

Date: September 15, 2017 05:12

treaclefingers
it depends. i've been hit with levy's and special courier charges from time to time. just complain to amazon and they will make it right.

Indeed. As for Amazon UK, when I ordered those radically discounted Blue and Lonesome box sets for $10 each, they mistakenly only sent two vs. the three I had ordered. Still was a good deal as the official price was $40+ for one copy, but went online into a live chat with someone from Amazon UK thinking I'd get the runaround, but barely had to plead my case before I had a confirmation for a third copy being sent to me all the way in California- other than giving him my order number, no other questions asked!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2017 06:02

Hairball
treaclefingers

Indeed. As for Amazon UK, when I ordered those radically discounted Blue and Lonesome box sets for $10 each, they mistakenly only sent two vs. the three I had ordered. Still was a good deal as the official price was $40+ for one copy, but went online into a live chat with someone from Amazon UK thinking I'd get the runaround, but barely had to plead my case before I had a confirmation for a third copy being sent to me all the way in California- other than giving him my order number, no other questions asked!

yes...they are that good! I also got the 3fer deal. Incredible. I had already bought the vinyl, and the cd so I have a plethora of blue and lonesomes.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 15, 2017 08:41

Fernando, si tu amigo tiene un lugarcito en su bolso chiflá por favor! Que suerte tenés! Alguna vez leí que sos de Mendoza pero vivís en Bs. As. verdad? Bueno acordate de los pobres...no quiero nada regalado solo la chance de alguna joyita deseada. Saludos y abrazo!

2 words in English: I asked Fernando if his friend has a little room in his bag...LOL

Date: September 15, 2017 15:36

Quique nice to be in touch with a stone fan from argentina. Iam porteño but living since 7 years in mendoza. Will try to help you if my friend can. If you want you can contact me by mail

Fernando

Date: September 15, 2017 15:46

Hairball
treaclefingers

I have never had anything other than spectacular service from not only amazon itself, but also resellers within the amazon system. The few times I've received the wrong second-hand cds, I've had my money returned with no hassles at all. Never been asked to return the incorrect item. All one seller asked was that, if I decided that I didn't want to keep the incorrect item with their compliments, that I donate it to a library or some other public organization so it didn't just become landfill. I thought that was very classy and have done business with that seller many additional times as a result.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 17, 2017 07:16

I buy from amazon.co.uk for shipment to the US at least a dozen times a year, either because the price is lower or because something I want isn't available through Amazon in the US. I've never had to pay extra duties for these purchases.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 17, 2017 09:38

Fernandobsas
Quique nice to be in touch with a stone fan from argentina. Iam porteño but living since 7 years in mendoza. Will try to help you if my friend can. If you want you can contact me by mail

Fernando

Fernonado, thanks for your nice words! Your e-mail is hidden, woul you please contact me when you have the time and will! TIA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home