Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Buzz kills
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 15, 2017 20:23

Maybe we should have separate threads. For and against the Stones continuing. For and against Keith continuing. For and against Mick. For and against Ronnie. Then the rule can be no one from the other camp can invade safe zones for each side. Then no one is offended, rude, or angry. Yes, it's ridiculous.

I personally don't go to shows. Too expensive and not worth the effort for me. My choice. I love the band. I listen to and watch everything that comes down the pike, but I am critical of their concert performances and have been for decades. Studio work is a whole different beast.

I think Mick is on auto pilot as a singer too much. He's a great front man but it usually takes a cover version or a rarity to make him be fully engaged and not screw up lyrics or phone in his performance. He's still better than the competition but he's only his best self a handful of times each year as far as I can tell. That's the price of doing it this late in life.

I think Keith is obviously impacted by age, health, and self-inflicted damage. He coasts a lot and relies on Chuck and I dislike that, but then there are moments where he staggers me by playing well. Ronnie can be good and bad, but when he's bad I think it's not for trying whereas Keith (and this has been a problem starting with the STEEL WHEELS tour that has only grown worse) will play a crap solo and seem oblivious that it's crap. I think it pains Ronnie when he misses the mark. Mick and Keith are less forgiving of him, too. The only grief I give Ronnie is too much mugging and not enough focus.

Charlie can not just look but sometimes also play like he's bored out of his mind, but overall he's a consistent pro alongside Mick. These are my opinions and I think many would agree with them. I'm happy to see they tour and I'm happy it gives many people such pleasure. For me, what is tough about message boards (IORR as much as Shidoobee) is the extremes the negatives are taken. Extreme reactions generally produce extreme reactions unless a society is trained otherwise. That's what's happening with increasing frequency.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-15 20:24 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:05

Rocky Dijon
Maybe we should have separate threads. For and against the Stones continuing. For and against Keith continuing. For and against Mick. For and against Ronnie. Then the rule can be no one from the other camp can invade safe zones for each side. Then no one is offended, rude, or angry. Yes, it's ridiculous.

Sorta like FoxNews vs MSNBC. I like it. The most intrepid of us could jump back and forth in an attempt to broaden our horizons. Others of us could stay in our bubbles, relishing the reinforcement therein.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:37

Jesus, this is so childish.

there are whiners - that´s ok
there are unreflected prayers the the stones-gods - that´s ok.

my opinion:
these days, we are part to the last glorious glimmer of a flame that warmed our lifes.
That´s sad. AAAnd it´s good, the stones are still alive.
There must be room for all opinions. And yes, stop reading if you can´t stand that.

So why are we fighting? - come on just cool out! (Altamont)

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:40

Rocky Dijon and LBArena1972,
gettin' all wise at the end.
How about I just want to stand there, and get blasted into my cells RS?
Pretty good reason to go.
xxoo smoking smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 15, 2017 21:57

Hairball
geordiestone
KingmanBarstow
Hairball
Buzz Kills...would make a good name for a punk rock band.

There is one I think.
Cocks mate Cocks

Yes I knew of the Buzzcocks, but did a google search for Buzz Kills and evidently there is a band called the Buzzkills - actually there are several of them!

One based out of Indiana (from jazz to metalcore, the group manages to blend the sound of the great classics with modern rock and progressive music).
OH MY GOD! Thank you Hairball, an actual response from an IORR member! I am staggered to put it mildly.
One from Fort Worth, Texas (punk)

And another from West Yorkshire, UK (Grunge / Alternative / Punk)

There's probably more of them, but there you have it on the first page of a google search, so..............

Buzz Kill...would make a good name for a Rapper (and there probably is already one somewhere out there)!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2017 22:03

geordiestone
Hairball
geordiestone
KingmanBarstow
Hairball
Buzz Kills...would make a good name for a punk rock band.

There is one I think.
Cocks mate Cocks

Yes I knew of the Buzzcocks, but did a google search for Buzz Kills and evidently there is a band called the Buzzkills - actually there are several of them!

One based out of Indiana (from jazz to metalcore, the group manages to blend the sound of the great classics with modern rock and progressive music).
One from Fort Worth, Texas (punk)
And another from West Yorkshire, UK (Grunge / Alternative / Punk)
There's probably more of them, but there you have it on the first page of a google search, so..............

Buzz Kill...would make a good name for a Rapper (and there probably is already one somewhere out there)!

OH MY GOD! Thank you Hairball, an actual response from an IORR member! I am staggered to put it mildly.

You're welcome - I know how it feels to ignored. winking smiley

I even fixed your quote as it was somehow inserted amidst my post!!!

smileys with beer

Date: September 15, 2017 22:26

35love
xxoo smoking smiley

I was always wise, I just temper it by being a jerk from time to time.

Date: September 15, 2017 23:32

Rocky Dijon
35love
xxoo smoking smiley

I was always wise, I just temper it by being a jerk from time to time.

I cracked wise once but it made my back flare up and I've avoided it ever since.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 16, 2017 00:00

DandelionPowderman
hopkins
some peeps here so full of it; makes many a good poster split; many a good poster who stays just hold their tongue and not really subject themselves to resident stalkers abandoning life and sanity with tens of thousands of silly ruminations and projections and imaginings, sorta like holding reality for ransom and making posters pay the big price if their juvenile whining isn't seen as masterful and evolved, knowing criticism; and it's sub five and dime stuff; it must be why bands like Stones have secret contempt for the idiots that cue up, or form little devotional clubs; it's everything that rock and roll always wasn't but they got to the party the morning after everyone left; pick up some of the debris and pretend it's New Year's Eve on they're in the Main Room and the crowd is goin' craaaayyyyzeeeeeee as they try to copy other guys who at least used to be able to play; yeh buzz kill; self appointed event planners begging the world w enforcement techniques to understand just how deeply they are having that special fun that you just quite can't get without joining their cult; fkn ridick the mighty RStones get reduced to shi strewn vapid garbage by pretned fans on the enforcement squad; pish fkn tosh peeps; this ain['t even worth sayin' yer shit here when i see who never leaves....rock the eff on mutharuckerz....

You're the nice guy on the forum, aren't you?

I'm the nice guy that asked lost stalkers like you very politely a number of times to kindly blow your soiled winds in another direction, as YOU are singularly, the biggest Buzz kill I've ever witnessed on a social media site.

now there's the little attention you demand with infantile predicability; shoo now wittle buzzkill; you must have fans that need your attention.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 00:03 by hopkins.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: September 16, 2017 00:05

!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 00:06 by geordiestone.

Date: September 16, 2017 00:11

hopkins
DandelionPowderman
hopkins
some peeps here so full of it; makes many a good poster split; many a good poster who stays just hold their tongue and not really subject themselves to resident stalkers abandoning life and sanity with tens of thousands of silly ruminations and projections and imaginings, sorta like holding reality for ransom and making posters pay the big price if their juvenile whining isn't seen as masterful and evolved, knowing criticism; and it's sub five and dime stuff; it must be why bands like Stones have secret contempt for the idiots that cue up, or form little devotional clubs; it's everything that rock and roll always wasn't but they got to the party the morning after everyone left; pick up some of the debris and pretend it's New Year's Eve on they're in the Main Room and the crowd is goin' craaaayyyyzeeeeeee as they try to copy other guys who at least used to be able to play; yeh buzz kill; self appointed event planners begging the world w enforcement techniques to understand just how deeply they are having that special fun that you just quite can't get without joining their cult; fkn ridick the mighty RStones get reduced to shi strewn vapid garbage by pretned fans on the enforcement squad; pish fkn tosh peeps; this ain['t even worth sayin' yer shit here when i see who never leaves....rock the eff on mutharuckerz....

You're the nice guy on the forum, aren't you?

I'm the nice guy that asked lost stalkers like you very politely a number of times to kindly blow your soiled winds in another direction, as YOU are singularly, the biggest Buzz kill I've ever witnessed on a social media site.

now there's the little attention you demand with infantile predicability; shoo now wittle buzzkill; you must have fans that need your attention.

Thanks..

Date: September 16, 2017 00:28

Just discovered a band named Buzzkill...heavy '90's Punk from New Jersey!!!

Buzzkill - Meat

Buzzkill - 1, 2 Hate You

Date: September 16, 2017 00:56

Luke Bryan - Buzzkill

[www.youtube.com]

You're like a screen flashin', insufficient funds,
Cops knockin' when the party's just begun.
You're a big rain cloud parked over my boat.
You're a cell phone splashin' in my coffee cup,
A fumble on the one when my team was going up,
You're like brakes on my brain and all I know,

[Chorus]
You're a buzzkill, every time you come around.
Those beers might as well have been poured out.
Why are you still showin' up and bringin' me down?
Why do I keep letting you get to me,
and mess up what this night was gonna be?
You walk right by, crashing my high like I know you will,
you little buzzkill.
Baby, you're a buzzkill.

I used to do everything I could do to do nice things,
No matter what I did or didn't do it didn't change.
Everybody knows you ended us.
So why you showing up here on my side of the tracks?
Slipping in this bar just to check out where I'm at,
I was a six pack in, now I'm as sober as a judge, cause

[Chorus]
You're a buzzkill, every time you come around.
Why are you still showin' up and bringin' me down?
you little buzzkill.

As if it didn't hurt enough, Now I gotta see you flirt.
Nailed to the stool, watching you work,
Don't you give a damn about how I feel,You little brown haired, blue eyed, beautiful buzzkill.
Yeah, yeah, yeah
You're such a buzzkill.

[Chorus]
Yeah, You're a buzzkill, every time you come around.
Why are you still showin' up and bringing me down?
you little buzzkill.
You little buzzkill.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 00:57 by hopkins.

Date: September 16, 2017 06:58

hopkins, hopkins....I just keep thinking of the back cover of JAMMING WITH EDWARD with Edward (the cartoon hopkins) thinking, "No wonder they keep me down in the fu*ing basement!" You're never going to get out of there, the way you keep acting.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 16, 2017 07:25

In 2015, Forbes estimated Bryan's annual income at $42.5 million.[42]

That's from Wiki - never heard of him.

Date: September 16, 2017 07:52

KingmanBarstow

Never heard his music, but I've heard his name...evidently he's disliked and the butt of jokes amongst most hardcore classic country fans - watered down, sterile, lightweight, poser, and a phony.
But what do I know...I'm not a fan of any of the newfangled country music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 07:54 by Hairball.

Date: September 16, 2017 07:54

Rocky Dijon
hopkins, hopkins....I just keep thinking of the back cover of JAMMING WITH EDWARD with Edward (the cartoon hopkins) thinking, "No wonder they keep me down in the fu*ing basement!" You're never going to get out of there, the way you keep acting.

I know. It's sad. sad smiley
Just can't hep myself. Sad.

"By Edword?" Just don't get it!? Anyway, the acoustics down here ain't so bad, an uh, most people don't come down here and uh, well...after awhile you know...well, it's ok...i mean it's ok i guess...confused smiley
i mean stuff goes on down here that most people would nev...well, it's ok I guess...sorta well it' ok sorta prefer it at this point. i'm good..they can't hear shit upstairs, I get away with murder...
...gotta make do I guess...it's ok
i mean there will ALWAYS be those special threads all we shared together eye rolling smiley
and and and it really means a lot to me...cuz, well you know...well uh, mos tpeople don't come down here and, well, I mean if someone knocks on the back door it could be good or bad; but there IS a back door and ... oh wait; a squirrel; i'll be back...smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 07:55 by hopkins.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 16, 2017 07:55

Hairball
KingmanBarstow

Never heard his music, but I've heard his name...evidently he's disliked and the butt of jokes amongst most hardcore classic country fans - watered down, sterile, lightweight, poser, and a phony.

Me neither. But that's fine. New generation I guess. I think it started with Achy Breaky Heart. Not for me thankyou very much. I like the stuff Keith taught me about. I would have never gotten into some country without Keith's influence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 08:01 by KingmanBarstow.

Date: September 16, 2017 08:01

hopkins

No offense to Stu who played lovely boogie-woogie, but you were the only piano player I'd want to hear playing while I beat on my conga drums. Cheers.

Date: September 16, 2017 08:19

KingmanBarstow
Hairball
KingmanBarstow

Me neither. But that's fine. New generation I guess. I think it started with Achy Breaky Heart. Not for me thankyou very much. I like the stuff Keith taught me about. I would have never gotten into some country without Keith's influence.

Yeah, I was thinking it started downhill with Garth Brooks, but Achy Breaky Heart was around the same time, so maybe blame them both.

As for me, I like the stuff my older brother taught me about - he was always changing gears listening to various musical styles, and I always picked up on it after him. From hard rock, to punk rock, to reggae, to country, to bluegrass, and even some classical - pretty much in that order. It's nice to have a broad pallet, but at the same time it's good to keep it refined and separate the good from the bad based on your tastes. Ultimately, there's no room for any Billy Ray or Garth in my collection, nor will there ever be.

Date: September 16, 2017 08:35

Rocky Dijon
hopkins

No offense to Stu who played lovely boogie-woogie, but you were the only piano player I'd want to hear playing while I beat on my conga drums. Cheers.

when they played together live at once Rocky I almost lost my mind it was so good. I mean Stu and Nicky in 72. Was Rocky with Stevie that night? Or MSG 75 with all those hands drummers?? If you know please. Hopkins and Stu playing at the same time live was sublime and intense; focused; i mean those guys wanted to be RIGHT were they were rocking it out. Beautiful. It was a true gift and genuine excitement for me, still remembered clearly.
Those congas were so before their time in a way tho traditional in foundation...Sympathy will always be mega indelible; one of the few sure things in a changing world with changing styles and centures....could not have worked without what espeically those guys did to it; and together working off each other...Holy Grail stuff no doubt for me...and i think it was popular with others as well ;-)

but that's just one cut and Rocky as great as that is reps much more than that lvie and in studio. learing from, and enjoying this older thread:
[www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 17:24 by hopkins.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:28

KingmanBarstow
In 2015, Forbes estimated Bryan's annual income at $42.5 million.

When I read that I thought, How is Brian Jones' estate making that much? Maybe performance royalties from tours?

All I know about country music is that there are two kinds: country and western: [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 16, 2017 17:40

Hairball

Try Jamey Johnson or Chris Stapleton--incredible talents.

Date: September 16, 2017 19:18

LongBeachArena72
Hairball

I've never heard of Jamey Johnson but have heard of Chris Stapelton, and what little I do know is that he seems to be a respectable and sincere country musician/artist.

Date: September 16, 2017 19:26

hopkins
Was Rocky with Stevie that night? Or MSG 75 with all those hands drummers?? If you know please.

In 1972, it was Keith Stevens from Wonderlove (Stevie's band) that sat in on congas. Jose Arenas from Santana played with them at the Nicaraguan benefit in L.A. in January 1973 and Manuel Kellough from Billy Preston's band on the 1973 European tour. It was The Steel Association in 1975.

The real Rocky Dijon last played live with them at Hyde Park in 1969. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me. I'm always sorry Luis Jardim never played live with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 19:28 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 16, 2017 20:04

KingmanBarstow

He's from Leesburg, GA, a small town about an hour from where I live. By all accounts a great guy (my step-sister knows Luke and his family well) - but I just can't dig the bro-country sound.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: September 16, 2017 22:24

Elmo Lewis
KingmanBarstow

He's from Leesburg, GA, a small town about an hour from where I live. By all accounts a great guy (my step-sister knows Luke and his family well) - but I just can't dig the bro-country sound.

Bryan and a host of others are just Lynyrd Skynyrd lite-lite-lite. I'd even lump Toby Keith in there. They think if they wear a hat, tight jeans, sing about beer, bars, whiskey, honky tonkin' or a truck on a dirt road it's country.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 22:25

steffialicia
I know it's silly, but I tend to think of the IORR community as friends. I am going to attend the shows in Paris and this is a real luxury for me. I think I need to avoid IORR until I am back home. It is just too upsetting to hear the amount of nasty, mean spirited remarks being thrown around. I can't believe the disrespect. If you have come to the point where you believe they can no longer bring it, get off the train. The majority of us don't want to be exposed to your cruelty and insensitivity.

WHAT are you talking about?!!!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 22:28

LongBeachArena72
Hairball

Best two are Miranda and Eric Church

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 16, 2017 22:37

potus43
steffialicia
I know it's silly, but I tend to think of the IORR community as friends. I am going to attend the shows in Paris and this is a real luxury for me. I think I need to avoid IORR until I am back home. It is just too upsetting to hear the amount of nasty, mean spirited remarks being thrown around. I can't believe the disrespect. If you have come to the point where you believe they can no longer bring it, get off the train. The majority of us don't want to be exposed to your cruelty and insensitivity.

WHAT are you talking about?!!!

Comments about the issues that can't be helped...like aging and what goes along with it to one degree or another. GOT IT??

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home