Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Are the Black Crowes the best qualified band to carry on the Stones' tradition ?
Posted by: fxc1 ()
Date: September 20, 2005 15:50

Aerosmith needs to chnage their name to Aero-Jovi - they suck

Re: Are the Black Crowes the best qualified band to carry on the Stones' tradition ?
Date: September 20, 2005 16:04

<Their best album is from 1975. And the albums after that (Presence, In Through The Outdoor, Coda) are heavily underrated. They grew just until 1975. It couldn't get better but they still released some good efforts after that.>

Presence is good. In Through The Out Door is pointless and really, really bad IMO.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 20, 2005 17:52

the band that is best qualified to carry on the stones tradition is probably some unknown band playing their own brand of rocknroll in a dirty old bar in front of 20 people

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-20 18:29 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: czr ()
Date: September 21, 2005 04:43

After alot of thought my vote goes with Areosmith, when it comes to music. As far as going the distance it's the Peppers. And the Black Crows need to get into the race....

Back to the Peppers & stuff..........

Bowiestone wrote:
Well, most teens were listening to Billie Jean and When Doves Cry. If you check sales figures Thriller (the largest selling album of all time) and Purple Rain were bigger sellers than 1984 by Van Halen (which also sold massive ofcourse). BTW Eddie Van Halen playing on a disco/funk/rock record (Beat It)... I guess that was shocking in those days

Hello Bowiestone,

My theroy about "Thriller" & "Purple Rain" which are great 80's albums is that Most Parents(the already lovers of funk, disco, dance....) loved it too. I bet in most households you could find two copies of those LP's.

Bowiestone:
Not everybody can be intrested in funk, but a lot were. Could be that the peppers brought funk to the attention of some metalheads... but that isn't such a great achievement compared to the stones.
The stones introduced the blues to the whole 'white' world.

CZR:
No, not just metalheads. But Punks, & rockers too.
You forgot 2/3's of the kids. winking smiley

I think what they've done, taking music to a different place the way they have is the closest thing to what the Stones did in the 60's. I'm not by any way saying that they are = to or better, just that they are not only the most original band (that still records) since the the Stones, but they've made similar accomplishments & lived just as hard.

Whatch "Live at SlaneCastle" smiling smiley
Long Live the Stones.
CZR.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: September 21, 2005 05:00

saw the crowes once by accident and thought they were fine for all the folks who didn't know any better....hard to get excited about them....steve marriot by himself(r.i.p.) on an acoustic would've been more entertaining...but then what the hell do i know???

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home