Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Manchester United flew to San Jose on the Rolling Stones private jet
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: August 2, 2017 14:23

Source: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Can someone elaborate, please?

Was the RS rented-plane sub-rented?

Is it common to have an ultimate security search for famous guys boarding on a Rolling Stones plane?

Do you think the Stones are searched the same way before they board on their own plane?

Re: Manchester United flew to San Jose on the Rolling Stones private jet
Posted by: ElGeordie ()
Date: August 2, 2017 14:28

Can't see Keith standing on the tarmac waiting for a security inspection. . .
Got a feeling "the blade" would come out one way or another!

Date: August 2, 2017 15:15

Interesting questions regarding the security

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 2, 2017 15:20

The Joker

Was the RS rented-plane sub-rented?

In June 2015 the 'Florida Gators' (Baseball) travelled also with the RS' 2015 Tour-Jet: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 2, 2017 15:51

If I had to guess, the security was due to a liability issue to do with international travel that the lease agreement between the team and the plane's owner didn't cover.

When the Stones travel internationally, I'm sure that everyone in STP knows exactly what is allowed and not allowed on their plane and the Stones organization has internal best-practices plus arrangements with their insurers to cover any mishaps.

That's not to say that Manchester United doesn't also have plans in place for when their team travels internationally, but the fact that their boarding process is different than what we perceive the Stones to be doesn't surprise me at all.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: August 2, 2017 16:24

Trust the Daily Mail to get the caption under that photo wrong!.......

Manchester United's stars board the Rolling Stars plane as they head off to San Jose

Date: August 3, 2017 00:38

That hurts for a Liverpool-fan sad smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 3, 2017 00:45

DandelionPowderman

Maybe Manchester United will return the favour and have Mick and Keith play up front for them when they play against Liverpool.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 3, 2017 00:47

Nate
DandelionPowderman

Maybe Manchester United will return the favour and have Mick and Keith play up front for them when they play against Liverpool.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

LOL! grinning smiley

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: August 3, 2017 04:08

shocking failures man utd are these last 4 seasons considering how much they have spent on players.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 3, 2017 05:02

This picture was from 2015, so I guess the plane had the Stones logo from Zip Code Tour use

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 3, 2017 09:55

As Mick and Keith both rent out their homes for lots of dosh, am not surprised their plane is used by others,

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: August 3, 2017 10:52

thecitadel
This picture was from 2015, so I guess the plane had the Stones logo from Zip Code Tour use

The story is from 2015 too.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 3, 2017 14:23

DandelionPowderman

And even more for a City fan!! angry smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 3, 2017 14:50

When I read "the Stones' private jet" or similar, it sounds in my ears as if the Stones would own that jet, while I believe that they merely rent or lease a tour plane when need be in case of a tour, e.g., and the plane is adorned with their logo for the particular period of time only.

d.f

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-03 15:25 by dead.flowers.

Date: August 3, 2017 16:44

dead.flowers
When I read "the Stones' private jet" or similar, it sounds in my ears as if the Stones would own that jet, while I believe that they merely rent or lease a tour plane when need be in case of a tour, e.g., and the plane is adorned with their logo for the particular period of time only.

d.f

Pretty sure you're correct. I remember links to news stories at the time (2015) as to how, that, although the Stones arranged for that particular airplane to have their logo on it, they were just leasing it. AND if their itinerary was such that they weren't going to be using it for a period of time that would allow it to be used by someone else, it was rented to the second group to use. There was an article at the time that also showed that the University of Florida baseball team used the plane on one of their trips to play in the college World Series tournament.

I always wondered if, even though the Stones were only leasing the plane, if their lease arrangement might have included any stipulations giving them limited rights to approve or veto the secondary users due to the fact that the Stones logo was on the plane. Somehow I doubt it but I was curious!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: August 3, 2017 18:05

That gives sense. And, of course, why should especially the economically thinking Mick or the other members of the band let the plane they've paid for stand idle over some time while it can be rented out to somewhere else?

BTW, does anyone of the band members own a private jet at all? I've never heard anything to that tenor.

Cheers

d.f

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: August 3, 2017 18:20

I don't believe that this is "The Stones their own plane."
Do they have their own plane for "The Rolling Stones"?
Money for a plane shall not be the problem.

Date: August 3, 2017 19:47

Additional information regarding the Stones tour planes can be found in these threads:

[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

The one from 2015 has links to newspaper articles with additional information regarding the company that was providing the plane.

I thought it was funny to see a couple of posts in the thread asking if anyone knew why the Stones plane had been spotted in Peru. Thanks to this thread, I guess, now we know the rest of the story!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2282
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home