Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: The Juice is loose
Date: July 20, 2017 22:24

Not yet but will be in October

Re: OT: The Juice is loose
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 20, 2017 23:05

Maybe he'll get his

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 20, 2017 23:08

way, way OT..

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 20, 2017 23:10

great; kill the mother of your own two kids; and savagely slice a younger person returning her stuff from his job, to death...
,,,, cuz she forgot it down the road from her place...
... lose a civil trial and hide the money; get popped for threatening others after setting them up for potential gun-play...
...cause tremendous backlash of actual black people who are getting set up and down the river over b.s....and let the riots begin.
He drives that Bronco to timbuktoo threatening to off himself; he should have possibly been encouraged to weigh the benefit/damage ratio of that paradigm.
oops.
man oh mn; this guy is gonna fk up as soon as he's out.

just think; if not for this murderous egghead you would have never, no one would have EVER heard the name Kardishian; never mind have to look at all those gross chicks all the time. dohhh. it's a sin to even see his name in the press....tho some of my friends FB threads are making Mel Brooks look like Oliver...ohboy; something about his 'impending discharge' heh heh; he was caught making love to himself on camera in the lockup...doh...please rush this in and OUT of the news cycle. What a disgrace.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 23:43

Take the emotion out of it...and I realize it's not easy given what a horror of a human being he is:

He's being paroled for his participation in a very stupid botched robbery where he was trying to steal back sports memorabilia.

He was acquitted for murder, so this parole is NOT about that.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 21, 2017 02:00

keefriff99
Take the emotion out of it...and I realize it's not easy given what a horror of a human being he is:

He's being paroled for his participation in a very stupid botched robbery where he was trying to steal back sports memorabilia.

You're right, and I'm sure it must have been a very tough decision for the parole board for that very reason.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 21, 2017 03:36

Here's an interesting read on F. Lee Bailey, one of O.J.'s lawyers. He still believes in The Juice.

[www.townandcountrymag.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2017 04:24

...the 90s called, they want their white Ford Bronco and their murderer back.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 21, 2017 04:27

He will win the next Presidential election.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 21, 2017 04:28

dmay
Here's an interesting read on F. Lee Bailey, one of O.J.'s lawyers. He still believes in The Juice.

Strange how the article doesn't mention his defense of the man referenced in Midnight Rambler.

I first heard of Bailey through a Carol Burnett Show parody sketch, F. Lee Bunny.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 21, 2017 04:28

Cooltoplady

LOL might be better than what we have now

Date: July 21, 2017 04:33

More Hot Rocks
Cooltoplady

LOL might be better than what we have now
A frightening thought, to be sure.

Date: July 21, 2017 04:40

keefriff99

nope. i'm in the neighborhood where two young people got sliced up; and the city nearly burned down. it's filled with emotion; he got away with murder. yes i do understand the legalities regarding this sentence, and if he's got the go ahead, that is that; I'm not personally outraged or anything. but if you were here you know that it hurt; and that kind of hurt has had big-media all over it time and time again; the murders become blood-lust entertainment and we get Kardashian trash dumbing down a generation or two...ok i'm an old bloviating over-opinionated surly cat, but you know...when you hear it; and it's all around you and everyone you know...and it's not a thrill or something you covet, or advertise, or get noticed for; just saying it's a real thing that touches you when someone local gets it. there are non-famous people that have gone down hard around here; and recently; it has an effect. i do appreciate the legalities of this specific case; and it tha'ts the way it works ok...i mean...ok...but ty for letting me express myself.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 21, 2017 05:14

As a sports figure, OJ Simpson was the greatest running back in the history of the game that I've ever seen. Prior to the original case he was a great sports ambassador for the City of Buffalo.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 21, 2017 05:24

The Sicilian
As a sports figure, OJ Simpson was the greatest running back in the history of the game that I've ever seen. Prior to the original case he was a great sports ambassador for the City of Buffalo.

You haven't seen much football have you?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 21, 2017 05:31

If anyone still has any doubts about the guilt of OJ Simpson and his murderous ways, read Vincent Bugliosi's book "The Five Reasons Why O.J. Got Away With Murder".
Bugliosi prosecuted Manson, wrote Helter Skelter, and "he successfully prosecuted 105 out of 106 felony jury trials, which included 21 murder convictions without a single loss". ((wiki)

GUILTY

"With anger evident on every page, he throws back the shabby curtain of the "trial of the century" and acts as a tour guide to the inside of the D.A.'s office and to the minds of the cops and the prosecutors.
Through the eyes of the quintessential prosecutor who lost only one of the 106 cases he tried as a deputy district attorney, we are led to the heart of the matter quickly. He leaves no doubt that he believes Simpson is guilty: "How did it come to pass that someone we now [know]--not believe, but know--committed these two savage murders . . . is now walking among us, enjoying life with a smile on his face?"'

When I was a kid growing up in the L.A. area, OJ Simpson (a USC alumnus and Heisman Trophy winner) was a local hero, and when he made it to the pros he became a hero to nearly every kid who ever touched a football nationwide. My older brother had an apartment in Brentwood right down the street from Nicole Simpson at the time of the murders. When I was still in college, I had a part time job at Honey Baked Ham where OJ was part owner of that particular franchise. Making sandwich's, prepping hams, etc., etc., it was only later around the time of OJ.s crime that I recalled sharpening knives in the back area of the kitchen for cutting hams, and wondered if any of those knives were ever used by OJ Simpson...eye popping smiley When the murders happened, it hit close to home - literally in my brothers case. We watched the car chase live on tv, a lot of the first trial, and finally the verdict of the civil trial where he was found responsible for murder. There might have been some doubt in my mind regarding his guilt in the first few hours after the murder, but once the car chase was on and evidence started trickling out publicly(cut on finger, etc.), within days it became obvious he was guilty as hell.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-21 05:36 by Hairball.

Date: July 21, 2017 05:58

hopkins
keefriff99

nope. i'm in the neighborhood where two young people got sliced up; and the city nearly burned down. it's filled with emotion; he got away with murder. yes i do understand the legalities regarding this sentence, and if he's got the go ahead, that is that; I'm not personally outraged or anything. but if you were here you know that it hurt; and that kind of hurt has had big-media all over it time and time again; the murders become blood-lust entertainment and we get Kardashian trash dumbing down a generation or two...ok i'm an old bloviating over-opinionated surly cat, but you know...when you hear it; and it's all around you and everyone you know...and it's not a thrill or something you covet, or advertise, or get noticed for; just saying it's a real thing that touches you when someone local gets it. there are non-famous people that have gone down hard around here; and recently; it has an effect. i do appreciate the legalities of this specific case; and it tha'ts the way it works ok...i mean...ok...but ty for letting me express myself.
I'm well aware...I was 16 years old and watched the trial on CNN with my family every night while eating dinner. I just don't support mob justice.

And frankly, I'm more outraged about the thousands of people (many of color) who have been wrongfully imprisoned by corrupt police and prosecutors over the decades. Stories of men walking out of prison after 30-40 years because DNA evidence exonerated them...

As ridiculous as the entire O.J. saga was, the prosecution got what it deserved for its complete ineptitude, not to mention for being stupid enough to put a known fascist (the FUHRER-man (thank you, Robin Williams)) on the stand.

I feel nothing but sadness for the Brown and Goldman families...they're the ones who often get lost in the tabloid sensationalism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-21 06:00 by keefriff99.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 21, 2017 06:01

He is one lucky mf.

Date: July 21, 2017 06:14

dmay

Interesting read. The guy is quite the scoundrel...a likeable scoundrel, but a scoundrel.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 21, 2017 06:31

Hairball
My older brother had an apartment in Brentwood right down the street from Nicole Simpson at the time of the murders.

I lived on Gorham Avenue at the time, just up the street from her condo. I moved across the street (to the corner of Bundy and Gorham) two weeks after the murders, and still live here today. The neighborhood was crazy in the ensuing weeks/months - people in their cars making full stops in busy traffic in front of her condo to catch a glimpse (of nothing!)...people posing and smiling for photographs at the murder scene...tour buses passing by constantly. A bizarre time.

Date: July 21, 2017 07:23

keefriff99
hopkins
keefriff99

I'm well aware...I was 16 years old and watched the trial on CNN with my family every night while eating dinner. I just don't support mob justice.

And frankly, I'm more outraged about the thousands of people (many of color) who have been wrongfully imprisoned by corrupt police and prosecutors over the decades. Stories of men walking out of prison after 30-40 years because DNA evidence exonerated them...

As ridiculous as the entire O.J. saga was, the prosecution got what it deserved for its complete ineptitude, not to mention for being stupid enough to put a known fascist (the FUHRER-man (thank you, Robin Williams)) on the stand.

I feel nothing but sadness for the Brown and Goldman families...they're the ones who often get lost in the tabloid sensationalism.

True. I'll never forget his sister and father holding the line for him day in and out for years;
suffering so much like that; being lied to and laughed at. Yes the loyal heartsick Goldmans.
I am embarassed not to have remembered them in my comment; thank you.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: July 21, 2017 07:23

He fully merited parole, and he fully merited life in prison for the two murders that he committed. I am very annoyed with that irresponsible jury in 1995. I am 100% certain of his guilt and it astonishes me that some people believe he was innocent but it takes all sorts of people to make a world. Condolences to the Brown and Goldman families. May they be forever young, and ride with the wind.

Date: July 21, 2017 08:54

Jah Paul
Hairball
My older brother had an apartment in Brentwood right down the street from Nicole Simpson at the time of the murders.

I lived on Gorham Avenue at the time, just up the street from her condo. I moved across the street (to the corner of Bundy and Gorham) two weeks after the murders, and still live here today. The neighborhood was crazy in the ensuing weeks/months - people in their cars making full stops in busy traffic in front of her condo to catch a glimpse (of nothing!)...people posing and smiling for photographs at the murder scene...tour buses passing by constantly. A bizarre time.

Wow...you were neighbors with my brother! I think we've both said it before - it's a small world! I remember the circus around the neighborhood...even nightly newscasts had reporters out there for weeks/months! A bit off topic, but wonder if you remember the Liquor Barn up on San Vicente...that's where we used to stock up on mass quantities of beer, etc.! The Honey Baked Ham I worked at in the mid-'80's was was on Princeton and Wilshire - I don't think it's there any more.

Crazy to think OJ will be roaming the streets again freely...makes you question the justice system with regards to him being acquitted for murder.
My father was a victim of a violent crime and lost his life in '75 when I was 12 (happened at his office building in Westwood we talked about a while back - Monty's, etc). The murderer was found not guilty by reason of insanity, and was sentenced to six months in a psychiatric mental health facility. I can relate very well to how the Goldman's feel, and stand with them every step of the way in their pursuit of some sort of closure which will never fully happen no matter what. They have to live with the horrible memory for the rest of their lives, while the person responsible roams around freely...eating, sleeping, breathing, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-21 08:55 by Hairball.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 21, 2017 13:36

dmay

Thanks for posting as this was a very good read .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 21, 2017 13:38

hopkins
great; kill the mother of your own two kids; and savagely slice a younger person returning her stuff from his job, to death...
,,,, cuz she forgot it down the road from her place...
... lose a civil trial and hide the money; get popped for threatening others after setting them up for potential gun-play...
...cause tremendous backlash of actual black people who are getting set up and down the river over b.s....and let the riots begin.
He drives that Bronco to timbuktoo threatening to off himself; he should have possibly been encouraged to weigh the benefit/damage ratio of that paradigm.
oops.
man oh mn; this guy is gonna fk up as soon as he's out.

just think; if not for this murderous egghead you would have never, no one would have EVER heard the name Kardishian; never mind have to look at all those gross chicks all the time. dohhh. it's a sin to even see his name in the press....tho some of my friends FB threads are making Mel Brooks look like Oliver...ohboy; something about his 'impending discharge' heh heh; he was caught making love to himself on camera in the lockup...doh...please rush this in and OUT of the news cycle. What a disgrace.
You are so right about the dreaded name "Kardashian " major yuck .

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: July 21, 2017 20:30

Hairball
Wow...you were neighbors with my brother! I think we've both said it before - it's a small world! I remember the circus around the neighborhood...even nightly newscasts had reporters out there for weeks/months! A bit off topic, but wonder if you remember the Liquor Barn up on San Vicente...that's where we used to stock up on mass quantities of beer, etc.! The Honey Baked Ham I worked at in the mid-'80's was was on Princeton and Wilshire - I don't think it's there any more.

Crazy to think OJ will be roaming the streets again freely...makes you question the justice system with regards to him being acquitted for murder.
My father was a victim of a violent crime and lost his life in '75 when I was 12 (happened at his office building in Westwood we talked about a while back - Monty's, etc). The murderer was found not guilty by reason of insanity, and was sentenced to six months in a psychiatric mental health facility. I can relate very well to how the Goldman's feel, and stand with them every step of the way in their pursuit of some sort of closure which will never fully happen no matter what. They have to live with the horrible memory for the rest of their lives, while the person responsible roams around freely...eating, sleeping, breathing, etc.

I do remember the Liquor Barn on San Vicente...I shop there all the time, but it's a CVS now. Honey Baked was still around until the last few years, but is now a bank. Back in the '80s, there was a cool record store just a couple doors down from there called "Off The Record" - for a brief time they had bootlegs, and I remember coming across a 3-LP set of the Stones' Hampton concert there during the summer of '82. I didn't buy it because I had taped the show off the radio (plus it was like 30 bucks!), but I sure wish did!

I'm so sorry about your dad - how awful for you and your family. As for OJ, I do feel if he had been tried before a jury of his actual peers (meaning in Santa Monica instead of Downtown), he would have been found guilty. Who knows what will happen next, but unfortunately I doubt he'll keep a low profile...narcissist as he is, he'll be in the public eye as much as possible. But maybe he'll finally track down the real killers, most likely on a golf course somewhere.

Date: July 22, 2017 00:39

Jah Paul
Hairball

I do remember the Liquor Barn on San Vicente...I shop there all the time, but it's a CVS now. Honey Baked was still around until the last few years, but is now a bank. Back in the '80s, there was a cool record store just a couple doors down from there called "Off The Record" - for a brief time they had bootlegs, and I remember coming across a 3-LP set of the Stones' Hampton concert there during the summer of '82. I didn't buy it because I had taped the show off the radio (plus it was like 30 bucks!), but I sure wish did!

I'm so sorry about your dad - how awful for you and your family. As for OJ, I do feel if he had been tried before a jury of his actual peers (meaning in Santa Monica instead of Downtown), he would have been found guilty. Who knows what will happen next, but unfortunately I doubt he'll keep a low profile...narcissist as he is, he'll be in the public eye as much as possible. But maybe he'll finally track down the real killers, most likely on a golf course somewhere.

Yes Off the Record was great - I met X there in 1981 as they were signing their second album Wild Gift. I brought in my old X Los Angeles album and bought the new Wild Gift that day, and they happily signed them both (plus Exene signed a dollar bill for me!). I think they also played at the Santa Monica Civic either that night or right around then...I saw them a bunch of times in the beginning as I was into a lot of punk at the time.

I bought several bootlegs there back in the day - a double live Doors album (with the Miami incident), a Hendrix live at the L.A. Forum, and a cool Zeppelin live '75 album with artwork of H.R. Giger on the cover. While the sound was horrible, the cover was excellent! Haha. Still have all of them, including the X albums - brings back lots of memories.

As for OJ - f*ck him...just watching some of that parole hearing stuff yesterday was sickening. Hard to imagine how he can actually live with himself...just a matter of time before he wreaks more havoc...maybe kharma will eventually catch up to him.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 22, 2017 01:59

I don't get why so many people are making a huge issue our of this. I watched tv last night and everywhere I looked people were asking how OJ is going to get along in his post jail life considering basically everyone knows he killed two people. He already lived free for 13 years after the murders, This is nothing new.

He had faded away basically before this and he will again.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 22, 2017 04:08

If you haven't seen it, ESPN's Documentary "Made In America" is a fascinating watch. I didn't watch all of the last part because frankly It was too creepy and depressing. But Overall I recommend it. The account of his rise and fall in the context of the times in which they happened is an eye opening look at the role of media, celebrity, justice ( or lack thereof), race and the actual crime that was committed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-22 04:09 by ryanpow.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 22, 2017 04:15

duke richardson
way, way OT..

Not if Mick wears an OJ mask when he performs "Midnight Rambler" in 7 weeks' time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home