Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: The Juice is loose
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 22, 2017 04:18

More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
As a sports figure, OJ Simpson was the greatest running back in the history of the game that I've ever seen. Prior to the original case he was a great sports ambassador for the City of Buffalo.

You haven't seen much football have you?

Well I've watched OJ play and everyone since, so tell me who was a better running back.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 22, 2017 04:20

ryanpow
If you haven't seen it, ESPN's Documentary "Made In America" is a fascinating watch. I didn't watch all of the last part because frankly It was too creepy and depressing. But Overall I recommend it. The account of his rise and fall in the context of the times in which they happened is an eye opening look at the role of media, celebrity, justice ( or lack thereof), race and the actual crime that was committed.
I still need to watch that.

I also recommend The People vs. OJ Simpson, the FX miniseries from last year. It is ADDICTIVE...I thought it was going to be cheesy, and it is in some ways, but wonderfully so. The acting is uniformly amazing, with Sterling K. Brown, Sarah Paulson and Courtney B. Vance as standouts.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 22, 2017 04:22

I've hear that's good. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 22, 2017 04:31

ryanpow
If you haven't seen it, ESPN's Documentary "Made In America" is a fascinating watch. I didn't watch all of the last part because frankly It was too creepy and depressing. But Overall I recommend it. The account of his rise and fall in the context of the times in which they happened is an eye opening look at the role of media, celebrity, justice ( or lack thereof), race and the actual crime that was committed.

Yes that was great from start to finish...the rise and fall indeed.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 22, 2017 08:37

The People Vs. OJ Simpson was phenomenal. Addictive is exactly that. I watched it when it aired then watched it when it went on Netflix. I'd already seen it and watched it all in two days. I couldn't turn away. Its phenomenal and I could easily do it again.

Made In America the documentary is equally outstanding and the perfect compliment. It gives everything context. The first part about his rise is brilliant, cause it really shows anyone that may have forgotten or too young and only knows him from the murders WHY the trial was what it was and why it was so unbelievable. The parts about the trial are excellent, and then the last part isn't the best one but the one I was racing towards and couldn't look away from. Post trial OJ destroying his career in the most insane way possible?! I don't know how you can't watch that, its arguably the crux of the whole story. To watch him just totally crumble. Damn, I wanna watch that 8 hour doc again.

2016 was the year of everyone being reminded that this man is a killer. Making 2017 even stranger the year he gets out. I truly wonder if 2016, when EVERYONE saw this stuff, ends up coming back to destroy him. He lived a fairly normal life post trial, but last year was the biggest he's been in years in people's minds, hence why this parole ended up getting the coverage it did.

I'll read the article, but F Lee Bailey is arguably the slimey-est person of the entire OJ trial and thats saying something. Knowing what that guy thinks, that he willingly admits to in interviews, he's an insane guy that is seriously messed up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-22 09:13 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 22, 2017 15:57

More Hot Rocks
Cooltoplady
He will win the next Presidential election.

LOL might be better than what we have now

He could Definitely do a better job than Sir Hillary or Barry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-22 16:10 by virgil.

Date: July 22, 2017 16:15

virgil
More Hot Rocks
Cooltoplady

But they're not totally incompetent like Simpson and Trump? Obviously, none of them have anything that's remotely near political experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-22 16:26 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 22, 2017 18:31

The Sicilian
As a sports figure, OJ Simpson was the greatest running back in the history of the game that I've ever seen. Prior to the original case he was a great sports ambassador for the City of Buffalo.

I live very close to that stadium and have been to Bills games ( rooting against them ) and its disgusting to walk into that Stadium and see OJ's number on the wall. I can't believe that have not taken that down. Well one more reason to hate the Bills.

I get tired of the race angle to all of this. I watched TV last night and flipped the Channel and one of the usual guys who only sees race was saying that this is still a big story because America is obsessed with the race angle of it. The crime itself and the trial was not a race issue with White people. The fact that a certain segment of the country acted like they won the lottery when a black man got away with killing two white people is something that disgusted white America at large and its something they should not forget.

It was as disgusting as the earlier Century trials when Whites would celebrate Whites getting away with killing blacks. Emmitt Till comes to mind. The difference is most Whites were not happen about Till's killers get away with it, just many rednecks down South. Polls show the great majority of Blacks were happy that OJ got away with it. Disgusting and should not be forgotten.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-22 18:43 by stanlove.

Date: July 22, 2017 18:35

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

Well I've watched OJ play and everyone since, so tell me who was a better running back.

OJ was as electrifying as any running back I have seen. when he got room it was a thing of beauty. Buts its hard to compare him to a runner that had more power. Peterson for example caused a defense more problems then OJ did.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 22, 2017 20:12

Heisman Trophy winner with USC (1968).
The first running back to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a single season(1973).
There's probably dozens of other stats and records he accomplished throughout his football career (college and pro).
I wouldn't say he's the greatest ever, but there was a time in the early '70's when he was...the only comparisons back then were with Jim Brown who some still say is the greatest.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 23, 2017 20:16

virgil
More Hot Rocks
Cooltoplady

The first six months is a joke. This guy is nuts. Something is mentally wrong with the guy.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 23, 2017 20:19

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

Just about any starter today. Even L McCoy for the Bills. Simpson couldn't hold a candle to Thurman Thomas either. As MHR said i don't even think you have even seen a football game.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: July 23, 2017 21:23

I'm not sure why this OT, politically themed thread is still here. The report offensive post feature does not even seem to work anymore.

Date: July 24, 2017 00:31

marianna
I'm not sure why this OT, politically themed thread is still here. The report offensive post feature does not even seem to work anymore.

You must be one of those people who need a safe space. We would not get along. I can't tolerate people like that.

You know what you could do? Just ignore the thread and let the people who want to discuss it discuss it. I guess that would not be controlling enough for you.

Now run along and report me because you are OFFENDED.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-24 01:04 by stanlove.

Date: July 24, 2017 01:18

Cooltoplady
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

Just about any starter today. Even L McCoy for the Bills. Simpson couldn't hold a candle to Thurman Thomas either. As MHR said i don't even think you have even seen a football game.

You sure about that Thomas statement? Thomas had alot better blocking and teams had to worry about the Bills passing game first. Made it alot easier for Thomas.

Date: July 24, 2017 01:30

You think all black people should be "watched out" for according to a previous post on this thread. You may need to run along to your own safe space. I think your name is taken from a guy who beat the crap out of Dennis Wilson and abused Brian Wilson, or you are that actual guy himself. Nice.

Date: July 24, 2017 01:34

marianna
You think all black people should be "watched out" for according to a previous post on this thread. You may need to run along to your own safe space. I think your name is taken from a guy who beat the crap out of Dennis Wilson and abused Brian Wilson, or you are that actual guy himself. Nice.

I never said all black people should be watched out for. Where the heck did you get that from?

I said black America as a whole celebrated like the won the lottery and it was disgusting and it should not be forgotten.

Do you have a problem with any of what i just posted?

THis went on all over the country.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-24 01:41 by stanlove.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 24, 2017 01:43

Only saw a few rooms with people cheering in that clip, did they represent "black America as a whole" ?

Date: July 24, 2017 01:46

Koen
Only saw a few rooms with people cheering in that clip, did they represent "black America as a whole" ?

Oh you are right the cameras just happened to be in the rooms where blacks reacted like this. Give me a break. The polls said alot at the time.

Do you have a problem with the way they acted in this video?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-24 02:14 by stanlove.

Date: July 24, 2017 02:10

No

Date: July 24, 2017 02:11

Koen
No

Says all anyone needs to know about you. The liberal mindset.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-24 02:12 by stanlove.

Date: July 24, 2017 02:16

>grinning smiley<

Date: July 24, 2017 02:35

Did Ben Carson cheer? The Milwaukee County sheriff guy? Colin Powell? Condi Rice?

Date: July 24, 2017 05:36

marianna
Did Ben Carson cheer? The Milwaukee County sheriff guy? Colin Powell? Condi Rice?

Its obvious that you don't know what AS A WHOLE means. I did not say all blacks.

How do you feel about the way the ones on video acted?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 24, 2017 07:33

stanlove
marianna

Its obvious that you don't know what AS A WHOLE means. I did not say all blacks.

How do you feel about the way the ones on video acted?
Black people had every @#$%& right to feel the way they felt after the way this country has treated them. Their celebration didn't affect me in the slightest.

As I said before, people like you seem inordinately concerned that ONE PERSON was found not guilty (a far better outcome than an innocent person found guilty) due to an excellent defense and a completely botched and inept prosecution. Blame Garcetti, Clark and Darden.

Have you ever given one iota of thought to the thousands of people who have been railroaded by our criminal "justice" system over the decades and released after serving 30-40 years only to be proven innocent due to advanced DNA evidence?

But one scumbag walks free, so let's obsess over him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-24 07:37 by keefriff99.

Date: July 24, 2017 08:50

The media ignores Robert Blake, who got off his murder one charges, even though a civil jury found him liable. He is also a celebrity who likely killed his wife. But it didn't have a racial angle. Would the OJ case have gotten as much attention had he killed his first, black wife instead of blonde Nicole? It's doubtful.

If people feel an individual is being scrutinized due to being a member of a group, the group may have resentments due to that. It's similar to the Italian Anti-Defamation League being upset about the Godfather movies or The Untouchables TV series. People will sometimes stand on principle for individuals even when they know those people are guilty of things. They feel they themselves will be unfairly judged due to other groups highlighting negative behavior.

There really was no need to carry the OJ parole hearing on every major network, including entertainment networks. There is no need to interview him, either. Enough.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home