Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABB on iPod
Posted by: limeybstrd ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:18

Does anyone find it ironic that iTunes has the entire Stones catalogue in their store and brags about being the only one that does, but I cannot import the CD into it? Even the stupid player on the CD only creates protected wma files which I can't import. I know there are ways round this but isn't this a bit ridiculous? When Let It Be Naked came out a couple of years ago I had the same problems (wouldn't play in the car etc) so I wrote an email to EMI and they sent me a non-protected copy of the CD. I will do the same again this time and suggest you all do it too - perhaps if they are inundated with complaints they might stop this stupid practice.

Re: ABB on iPod
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:21

I agree. This won't stop illegal copying. There's loads of ways around it anyway.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:47

It worked for me. I was able to download it onto my I-Pod yesterday after 3 tries. I had import it and then move the songs into a separate folder and then plug my I-pod in and it transfered the songs. I could not find the songs at first but then I searched under "Artist" and the songs were there.

Date: September 9, 2005 20:53

How did you manage this? All I get is a message from iTunes saying the files are protected. iTunes doesn't even recognise that there is a cd in the computer. Stupid EMI.

Date: September 9, 2005 20:54

How did you manage this? All I get is a message from iTunes saying the files are protected. iTunes doesn't even recognise that there is a cd in the computer so I can't import from the cd. Stupid EMI.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 9, 2005 20:54

It worked for me without any problems!
I ripped the CD to MP3 with Windows Media Player and transfered them to my IPod.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: September 9, 2005 21:54

No can do here - Media Player sees the cd but won't play it. Only the included software on the cd will play it, and that will only rip protected wma files. Does anyone know if the UK version has this protection thing. My brother is coming over from there tomorrow and I'll get him to pick one up for me. Thanks.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 9, 2005 21:58

i managed to download ABB from cd to my ipod perfectly fine

Date: September 9, 2005 22:05

Thanks for the info - I assume from your email you're in the UK?

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: September 9, 2005 22:15

limeybstrd,
email me if you want me to send it to you

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 9, 2005 22:20

I can help you out with some tracks to if you need them...

Date: September 9, 2005 22:41

No thanks - I already had the mp3's last week - my point is how pissed I am that I go out and buy the CD and can't use it how I want. But thanks anyways.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home