Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: RIP Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 16, 2017 13:39

Naturalust
Always loved Anita. The ultimate rock chick. Deeply saddened by her passing. Her era with the Stones produced all the magic music and I can't help think she was a part of it all. At one point they were all trying to impress Anita. Although it is good and classy that she never wrote a book, I get the feeling that she had the best of the Stones stories....now we only have the legend.

peace

Anita has always been fairly honest in interviews, eg, saying she didn't feel anything after Scott Cantrell's death. I think the reason she didn't write an autobiography was that she and Keith agreed that a truthful book detailing certain events in their mutual history would be humiliating and destructive to his career and their family. Many of these events have been described in the press and several books, particularly Tony Sanchez's. In exchange for this suppression, Keith has always supported Anita financially.

Date: June 16, 2017 13:46

Bliss
Naturalust
Always loved Anita. The ultimate rock chick. Deeply saddened by her passing. Her era with the Stones produced all the magic music and I can't help think she was a part of it all. At one point they were all trying to impress Anita. Although it is good and classy that she never wrote a book, I get the feeling that she had the best of the Stones stories....now we only have the legend.

peace

Anita has always been fairly honest in interviews, eg, saying she didn't feel anything after Scott Cantrell's death. I think the reason she didn't write an autobiography was that she and Keith agreed that a truthful book detailing certain events in their mutual history would be humiliating and destructive to his career and their family. Many of these events have been described in the press and several books, particularly Tony Sanchez's. In exchange for this suppression, Keith has always supported Anita financially.

Well, we don't know whether that is true or not smiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2017 13:58

Anita did not write a book, which would have inevitably put Keith in a very bad light, though she had many offers and we know she did not work and that she had financial support from Keith til the end of her life.

Could be unrelated, yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 14:01 by Bliss.

Date: June 16, 2017 14:16

Bliss
Anita did not write a book, which would have inevitably put Keith in a very bad light, though she had many offers and we know she did not work and that she had financial support from Keith til the end of her life.

Could be unrelated, yes.

Yes, he could have a heart smiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2017 14:18

For heaven's sake, I'm not saying she blackmailed him! I imagine they came to a friendly arrangement, beneficial to all, with no collateral damage to career and family.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 16, 2017 14:29

I suspect she never agreed to a book because she would see the events of her life as completely natural and honest, but a publisher/ghost writer would see them as scandalous and salacious.
I'm sure Keith supported her because he cared for her and it was the right thing to do.

Date: June 16, 2017 14:29

Bliss
For heaven's sake, I'm not saying she blackmailed him! I imagine they came to a friendly arrangement, beneficial to all, with no collateral damage to career and family.

Just pulling your leg, Bliss. No stress smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 16, 2017 15:36

I met her in the 70's.
Bye Anita . .

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: June 16, 2017 15:48

forgive me if this is an ignorant, or somehow disrespectful question, but which Stones tunes do you think are the best ode to / reflection of Anita?

Date: June 16, 2017 15:53

peoplewitheyes
forgive me if this is an ignorant, or somehow disrespectful question, but which Stones tunes do you think are the best ode to / reflection of Anita?

Happy
You Got The Silver
All About You
Coming Down Again

spring to mind. Some say Miss Amanda Jones, but I always thought that was about Brian..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 16:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 16, 2017 15:59

Angie, surely?

Date: June 16, 2017 16:03

exhpart
Angie, surely?

From timeisonourside.com:

«I'd recently had my daughter born, who's name was Angela, and the name was starting to ring around the house. But I'm into writing about my babies. Angie just fitted. I mean, you couldn't sing Maureen»...
- Keith Richards, 1993

«I think Keith wrote the first line, I think it was his daughter (Angela). It was about love coming to a full stop. The actual name, I'm not sure where it came from, it's not about Angela Bowie. I think it's Keith's daughter's name».
- Mick Jagger, February 2002

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-16 16:04 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 16, 2017 16:12

DandelionPowderman
exhpart
Angie, surely?

«I'd recently had my daughter born, who's name was Angela, and the name was starting to ring around the house. But I'm into writing about my babies. Angie just fitted. I mean, you couldn't sing Maureen»...
- Keith Richards, 1993

«I think Keith wrote the first line, I think it was his daughter (Angela). It was about love coming to a full stop. The actual name, I'm not sure where it came from, it's not about Angela Bowie. I think it's Keith's daughter's name».

But 'Eileeen'..........ok, ok.............>grinning smiley<

Date: June 16, 2017 16:13

EddieByword
DandelionPowderman
exhpart
Angie, surely?

- Keith Richards, 1993

Hehe grinning smiley

That was someone dialing the wrong number to the studio, according to Keith, wasn't it? winking smiley

Date: June 16, 2017 16:16

DandelionPowderman
EddieByword
DandelionPowderman
exhpart
Angie, surely?

- Keith Richards, 1993

Hehe grinning smiley

That was someone dialing the wrong number to the studio, according to Keith, wasn't it? winking smiley

I never read that but take your word of course....smileys with beer

Date: June 16, 2017 16:20

Christopher Sandford: «50 Years».

Date: June 16, 2017 16:22

DandelionPowderman
Christopher Sandford: «50 Years».

Ahh right, thanks for that.......

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: June 16, 2017 16:23

Bliss
You don't amass a net worth of several hundred millions of dollars without being savvy about business, image, and other such matters (even while addled on drugs).

It's hardly unreasonable to come to the conclusion you did about a mutually-beneficial financial arrangement.

Date: June 16, 2017 16:31

keefriff99
Bliss
You don't amass a net worth of several hundred millions of dollars without being savvy about business, image, and other such matters (even while addled on drugs).

It's hardly unreasonable to come to the conclusion you did about a mutually-beneficial financial arrangement.

Call me old-fashioned, but to insinuate that Anita won't spill the beans in exchange for money – without other sources than «I imagine» – is a bit of a stretch ethically, no matter how plausible it sounds.

It discriminates her as a person.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 16, 2017 16:33

You got the silver gets my vote - it really captures the Anita myth - it's a real love song

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: June 16, 2017 16:59

Ultimate Anita songs is You Got the Silver.
Always thought All About You was about Mick.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 16, 2017 17:12

DandelionPowderman
peoplewitheyes

Happy
You Got The Silver
All About You
Coming Down Again

spring to mind. Some say Miss Amanda Jones, but I always thought that was about Brian..

I think it is about Brian and Anita sort of. Mr Jones's girl maybe.

Re: Tweet of Keith
Date: June 16, 2017 17:14

MisterDDDD
Keith Richards?Verified account @officialKeef 14m

[twitter.com]

Great pic. Saddening.

Date: June 16, 2017 17:17

EJM
You got the silver gets my vote - it really captures the Anita myth - it's a real love song

Funny. I was playing that song over and over on a new acoustic this week. Yes, open E, capo on first, heart on sleeve.

Date: June 16, 2017 17:32

Bliss
Naturalust

peace

She was very outspoken and I don't think she wouldve written a tell-all but of course Keiths money secured her silence when it comes to detailed stories of Anita, Brian, Keith, Mick and others. If theres one class act Id say it is Mick Taylor who zipped up without being payed.

Of all the Stones deaths lately Anita is the one that actually saddens me. She was one beautiful gal with an unearthly charisma. Truly one of a kind.

I understand why Brian and Keith fell in love with her. Who wouldnt.

Date: June 16, 2017 18:08

DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
Bliss

Call me old-fashioned, but to insinuate that Anita won't spill the beans in exchange for money – without other sources than «I imagine» – is a bit of a stretch ethically, no matter how plausible it sounds.

Well..think about it. Anita could hardly go back to acting and modeling after she and Keith broke up. What else did she have to sell besides her memories? Keith had already paid her to stop acting in the 60s. Money wasn't a problem for Keith and she needed a means of support. I'm sure they were both motivated to protect their children from the exposure of further revelations that were better left buried.

Date: June 16, 2017 18:24

>>>If theres one class act Id say it is Mick Taylor who zipped up without being payed.

Boy, is that ever the truth. And he was in a shocking state, very unhealthy and in desperate need of dental work.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 16, 2017 18:25

Bliss
DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
Bliss

Well..think about it. Anita could hardly go back to acting and modeling after she and Keith broke up. What else did she have to sell besides her memories? Keith had already paid her to stop acting in the 60s. Money wasn't a problem for Keith and she needed a means of support. I'm sure they were both motivated to protect their children from the exposure of further revelations that were better left buried.
I think it reflects on Keith's moral fiber and character to provide for the mother of his children and children .Simple as that . I do know people that are no longer a couple but the bond and fraternity and connection they share is stronger than some couples marriages .

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: June 16, 2017 18:28

Bliss
DandelionPowderman
keefriff99
Bliss

At the risk of being a little, uhh, harsh ... I think you could have gotten some pretty attractive long odds by betting on Anita's, uhh, ethical foundations. She's revealed herself to be a chick who is capable of taking care of herself, no? Sleeping with one member of the band, throwing him over for another member, and then very possibly banging a third while filming a movie? (What did she have against Charlie and Bill, for goodness' sake?) She may be an exemplar of Dylan's "to live outside the law you must be honest," and a free spirit of her age par excellence, but I don't think that assigning her a strict moral compass is the most accurate way to assess her motivations.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 16, 2017 18:30

"All About You" is about Mick according to Keith aint it?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home