Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 59
Re: Paris France travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: July 14, 2017 18:35

Hey guys, apologize that I'm just jumping into this discussion. I live in the U.S. and it appears that I may be able to make two of the three Paris shows. I'd just be looking for single tickets, I was hoping someone here could let me know if it's sold out, how much single tickets (in USD) in the various sections are currently selling for, etc.. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-14 18:39 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 14, 2017 19:10

Gaetzi, here is the link to the english website for Ticketmaster France: [www.ticketmaster.fr]

Happy hunting.

Date: July 14, 2017 20:02

Thanks SomeTorontoGirl! From what I can gather via Ticketmaster I currently have to buy one of the VIP packages to get a ticket? Each VIP level has two different rows that add up to one higher price? This is confusing me- When I use the drop down to select 1 ticket it ends up pulling up two different seats w a different value attached. Apologies for my confusion, I'm only 40 and not computer illiterate but this isn't making sense to me

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 14, 2017 21:00

Gaetzi, you can buy individual Platinum seats, third selection down. Click on Book, then on the Select Your Own Seat banner which opens a seating map. Then at top left you choose the date and that opens the seating map showing every available seat and price. Lots there.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 14, 2017 22:09

FNAC has regular tickets too. So does Ticketmaster. You don't have to buy a Platinum ticket.

Date: July 14, 2017 22:11

Maybe I'm not so computer literate, thanks again! Using miles a round trip flight would only cost me $100 so I may have to do this. I can't let the canceled Vegas show be my 'last'

Date: July 14, 2017 22:12

What's FNAC?

Date: July 14, 2017 22:12

Date: July 14, 2017 22:14

The flights will be cheaper than the tickets! Do it!

Date: July 14, 2017 22:19

Lots of regular seats available so no real need for a Platinum and certainly not VIP. However the pit and Front of stage GA ticketa only seem to be available as VIP packs. And note that the VIP 4 Package which includes early entry to Front of stage actually costs less than the most expensive regular seats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-14 22:19 by Topi.

Posted by: Benny2 ()
Date: July 14, 2017 22:56

Hi
Is there anyone who have seen the no filter poster of Paris...

Date: July 14, 2017 22:59

Thanks for all the info and encouragement, folks! Stay tuned but I really think I can make this happen

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 14, 2017 23:00

Benny2
Hi
Is there anyone who have seen the no filter poster of Paris...

Not really a poster, but for a start:

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: July 14, 2017 23:24

Got No Filter Pit for 2nd Paris after all. So stocked to see them 4-5 times on the upcoming tour!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 14, 2017 23:50

wickerman
Got No Filter Pit for 2nd Paris after all. So stocked to see them 4-5 times on the upcoming tour!

See you in the pit...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 15, 2017 03:42

Topi
Lots of regular seats available so no real need for a Platinum and certainly not VIP. However the pit and Front of stage GA ticketa only seem to be available as VIP packs. And note that the VIP 4 Package which includes early entry to Front of stage actually costs less than the most expensive regular seats.

Is there a difference between FOS GA and Fosse Or tickets?

plexi

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: July 15, 2017 07:28

timbernardis

plexi

Fosse GA is general admission on the largest part of the floor
Fosse Or is golden circle (ie front of stage)

syrel

Date: July 15, 2017 11:18

timbernardis
Topi

plexi

The seating chart has been posted on this thread several times. Just take a look at page 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 11:18 by Topi.

Date: July 15, 2017 16:22

Also the abbreviation FOS (Front of stage) has nothing to do with the French word "fosse" which literally means "pit" but here it means regular GA. "Or" means "gold" so Fosse Or translates to "Golden pit" but since they have the No Filter Pit inside the stage (sort of) the Fosse Or is the 2nd tier floor ticket.

So again you've got 3 tiers:

No Filter Pit
Fosse Or = front of stage
Fosse = GA

N'est-ce pas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-15 16:24 by Topi.

Date: July 16, 2017 05:58

Topi
Also the abbreviation FOS (Front of stage) has nothing to do with the French word "fosse" which literally means "pit" but here it means regular GA. "Or" means "gold" so Fosse Or translates to "Golden pit" but since they have the No Filter Pit inside the stage (sort of) the Fosse Or is the 2nd tier floor ticket.

So again you've got 3 tiers:

No Filter Pit
Fosse Or = front of stage
Fosse = GA

N'est-ce pas?

Oui. I know FOS has nothing to do with fosse. Just wanted to be sure that the Fosse Or early entry tix that I have for the first night is the best ticket, second only to pit.

And did u say that Fosse Or tix only seem to be available thru VIP packages? That doesn't sound right, tho that is how I got mine.

plexi

Date: July 16, 2017 11:26

timbernardis

Oui. I know FOS has nothing to do with fosse. Just wanted to be sure that the Fosse Or early entry tix that I have for the first night is the best ticket, second only to pit.

Yes, that would be correct - at least according to the seating chart shown on Page 1 of this thread. Of course, the disclaimer here is we don't know how the stage layout looks like in real life.

timbernardis

And did u say that Fosse Or tix only seem to be available thru VIP packages? That doesn't sound right, tho that is how I got mine.

What I meant was that there are no more regular Fosse Or tickets available for any of the Paris shows at the moment. Now, some have been popping up for the 19th and the 25th, as kindly reported here, but none for the 22nd. But the VIP 4 Packages which include Fosse Or are available through Ticketmaster.FR.

At the moment the only regular tickets I am pulling either from Ticketmaster or FNAC are seats. There are both lowers and uppers available.

And on top of that you do have the Platinum tickets (offered by Ticketmaster) which do not entitle you to early entry or any of the VIP perks but just have a marked-up price. Platinum is essentially just Ticketmaster scalping their own tickets! And they certainly have that down...

As far as standing tickets go, somehow the 22nd seems to be the "toughest" ticket of all the 3 Paris shows. Could be because it's on a weekend, no? Even the Platinum No Filter Pit tickets seem to have been sold out for that one - again, at the moment.

Of course there's still more than 3 months to go. Pretty certain they have held back some tickets and there will be drops.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-16 11:47 by Topi.

Date: July 18, 2017 05:22

Thanks for your great clarification. Very thorough.

The 22nd, while on a weekend, is on a Sunday and the next day is a workday, so the mystery of the tough ticket for that date remains unresolved.

plexi

Date: July 18, 2017 10:31

No worries bud. You can tell by the number of pages on different threads alone that the Paris shows are the ones people from all over the world seem to be the most interested in!

Can't blame them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-18 10:32 by Topi.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 18, 2017 13:48

I imagine people are attracted by the "je ne sais quoi" allure that Paris always has. Paris is also perhaps more of a travel hub, but for people who want to attend more than one show it's an obvious choice because it reduces travel costs.

Due to work constraints, I am unfortunately able to attend only one Paris show. But but but - it *is* on my birthday AND I'm in the pit, so I don't think that combination can be beaten for my last show of the tour! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: July 18, 2017 14:23

That sounds great, Beast!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 18, 2017 15:12

I'm now doing all 3 Paris shows. Lucky Dipping the 1st 2 with a friend of over 30 years who's never seen the Stones and Fosse Or solo for the last night (bought 2 weeks ago when tipped off on here about a quiet ticket drop on fnac.fr). There has to be a good chance that these 3 shows will be professionally filmed for a future DVD release.

Imho, Paris is a fabulous World city that is very difficult to tire of. I've previously seen the Stones 3 times there and Paul McCartney at Bercy too.

These gigs have by far the longest thread of the tour and there's a reason for that.

Date: July 18, 2017 15:59

Part of the 22nd Oct show being a (seemingly) tough ticket to get could be that initially it was the last show announced for this tour/leg.

People (like me) made their travel plans accordingly. I knew based on rumours that there might be an additional date but at the time it was officially announced I had already booked my flight back to Helsinki.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-18 15:59 by Topi.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 18, 2017 16:23

Topi
Part of the 22nd Oct show being a (seemingly) tough ticket to get could be that initially it was the last show announced for this tour/leg.

People (like me) made their travel plans accordingly. I knew based on rumours that there might be an additional date but at the time it was officially announced I had already booked my flight back to Helsinki.

I booked my Eurostar from London after the presale but before the general sale, based on the 1st 2 show dates. When I scooped a Fosse Or 2 weeks ago, I was able to change my return journey for a mere £29GBP.

Posted by: markrs ()
Date: July 18, 2017 17:59

I still see Sunday as offering the weekend experience, which might explain its popularity. It was my top choice of dates coming from London as means I can spend three days in Paris for a long weekend and only have to take the Monday off work.

If I had gone to the other dates I would have had to take at least two days off work to get there and back at a leisurely pace. I am in the lucky dip for the show so hope it doesn't backfire and I end up in row Z!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-18 18:45 by marksinclair.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 18, 2017 18:04

Paris is one of the worlds greatest cities it is purely stunning

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home