Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Munich Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: syrel ()
Date: May 13, 2017 11:14

IF ANYONE NEEDS A PIT TICKET, CLICK ON THE SEATING PLAN, NOT 'BEST SEAT AVAILABLE' LIST. THEY ARE AVAILABLE THERE!

Re: Munich Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Date: May 13, 2017 11:19

Got a lucky dip! Best option at those prices, I think. For less than the price of a pit ticket here, I can buy a special package for Paris and get a 'free' Lithograph and Travel Set.
syrel

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 13, 2017 11:39

What's the link for that please?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 13, 2017 11:40

syrel

IF ANYONE NEEDS A PIT TICKET, CLICK ON THE SEATING PLAN, NOT 'BEST SEAT AVAILABLE' LIST. THEY ARE AVAILABLE THERE!

It is / was also available via Best-Seat-Booking:

[www.Eventim.de]

[www.Eventim.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 11:55 by Irix.

Date: May 13, 2017 11:46

Limbostone

See if this works
eventim

If, not, link is available from RS website

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-13 11:57 by syrel.

Date: May 13, 2017 11:50

Irix
syrel

It is / was available too via Best-Seat-Booking:

Yes, but the time taken to drop down and select '1' meant that they were always unavailable when it actually searched - but I went to the seating plan, clicked on the big pink square for the filter pit and got a ticket instantly. Just thought it was easier than 'best seat'. And sometimes they were available on the seating plan when showing as unavailable in the best seat list.

It's still the case now that Filter Pit are showing sometimes on the list and sometimes on the plan. So much of this, is chance, and a matter of milliseconds...

syrel

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 13, 2017 12:07

syrel
Limbostone

See if this works
eventim

If, not, link is available from RS website
Thank you, I had missed that those links are just all on their website...

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: May 13, 2017 21:48

Got tickets for Munich - sect A7 - love being able to pick my seats!
So - we've never been to Munich before - where to stay? What to see?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 13, 2017 22:29

Anastasia60

München

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: May 15, 2017 10:39

Anastasia60

That's not so easy to answer. Where do you come from, young, middleager?

First come to my mind
- Marienplatz, Glockenspiel
- Hofbräuhaus
- Opernplatz, Maximilianstraße
- Schwabing, Leopoldstraße
- Englischer Garten, Monopteros, Seehaus
- Deutsches Museum
- Biergarten
- BMW Museum
- Olympiapark, Olympiaturm (with Rockmuseum)
- Allianz Arena
- Isar river
- Hard Rock Cafe (like any other around the world;-)

Best beers: Augustiner and Tegernseer, and loads of micro breweries

Out of Munich:
- Schloss Neuschwanstein, Schloss Linderhof
- Bräustüberl Tegernsee

As I live here, I've not been in any hotel, ever... Therefore I can't recommend one. If possible, stay in the central. But pay attention: Oktoberfest starts soon after the Stones gig, Hotel rooms will be hard to get and very expensive!

Have fun!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: May 15, 2017 12:17

Or try one of the youth hostels like this one:

Youth Hostel Munic City

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 15, 2017 17:39

9 tickets left on eventim...hot smiley

Date: May 15, 2017 17:46

TooTough
9 tickets left on eventim...hot smiley

5 hot smiley

There will always pop up some tix for the shows (wrong SEPA numbers etc.),
but 180.000 tickets are gone in Germany cool smiley

Date: May 15, 2017 17:47

1 hot smiley

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: May 15, 2017 23:06

Best Hotel, or one of the best Hotels in Munich is

[www.bayerischerhof.de]Hotel Bayerischer Hof

This Hotel is also in the Center of Munich, close to Marienplatz. Also some party clubs are very close.

Maybe The Rolling Stones will stay also in that great hotel?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: May 15, 2017 23:12

Ladykiller
Best Hotel, or one of the best Hotels in Munich is

[www.bayerischerhof.de]Hotel Bayerischer Hof

This Hotel is also in the Center of Munich, close to Marienplatz. Also some party clubs are very close.

Maybe The Rolling Stones will stay also in that great hotel?

Usually they stay at Vier Jahreszeiten.

Date: May 16, 2017 03:57

Thanks MAF & micawber - We're from Northern California and on the far side of 50 smiling smiley No party clubs, but we have enjoyed many an IORR pre-party!! We'll take a look at some of your recommendations!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 16, 2017 04:05

I did a Third Reich walking tour last time I was there; not sure if it was this same one, but well worth it:

[www.munichwalktours.de]

Date: May 16, 2017 10:14

They stayed in the "Mandarin Oriental" Hotel at least one time in the past.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 28, 2017 15:08

Augustiner is my favorite bierstube in München. There is one right next to Hofbrauhaus ( HB ). Some might find HB a bit like a tourist trap, but it is still great to walk into there too, see the people there, the singing, all the beer around etc. One time I ordered a small beer and they gave me one liter. The large beer is two liter... And in München I have "spätzle", local food, easy bite. I don't know if Octoberfest have started but may be we will get a touch of the October beer still even if it is Sep 12 when The Rolling Stones visit München?

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-28 16:32 by bv.

Posted by: sister ()
Date: May 28, 2017 15:33

Hello Bjornulf, Oktoberfest starts 16.September till 3.Oktober.
Greets sister

Date: May 28, 2017 21:55

bv
Augustiner is my favorite bierstube in München. There is one right next to Hofbrauhaus ( HB ). Some might find HB a bit like a tourist trap, but it is still great to walk into there too, see the people there, the singing, all the beer around etc. One time I ordered a small beer and they gave me one liter. The large beer is two liter... And in München I have "spätzle", local food, easy bite. I don't know if Octoberfest have started but may be we will get a touch of the October beer still even if it is Sep 12 when The Rolling Stones visit München?

Dear Bjornulf, I'm a local since 1968. Small beer is 0,5l , beer is 1l. There are no 2l in the Hofbräuhaus, never were and never will be. I'm sorry, but what did you have before?;-)

Spätzle is definitely not local, they are from Schwaben/Baden-Württemberg, which in our view is the opposite of Bavaria. Schweinsbraten, Böfflamott, Schweinshaxen, Kalbsbraten, gefüllte Kalbsbrust, Weißwüscht, Obatzda, Radi - that's local!!!

Be careful with the Festbier from Oktoberfest - you won't feel the "power" until it's far too late.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-28 21:58 by micawber.

Date: May 29, 2017 04:11

micawber
bv

Dear Bjornulf, I'm a local since 1968. Small beer is 0,5l , beer is 1l. There are no 2l in the Hofbräuhaus, never were and never will be. I'm sorry, but what did you have before?;-)

Spätzle is definitely not local, they are from Schwaben/Baden-Württemberg, which in our view is the opposite of Bavaria. Schweinsbraten, Böfflamott, Schweinshaxen, Kalbsbraten, gefüllte Kalbsbrust, Weißwüscht, Obatzda, Radi - that's local!!!

Be careful with the Festbier from Oktoberfest - you won't feel the "power" until it's far too late.

We are ready for the Bavarian cuisine!:

Schweinsbraten = Pork Roast

Böfflamott = meat dish of Bavarian cuisine . For this, beef is pickled in red wine (also regionally also in white wine) and then stewed .

Schweinshaxen Ham hocks

Kalbsbraten = Veal Roast

gefüllte = filled
Kalbsbrust = breast of veal,

Weißwüscht, a traditional Bavarian sausage made from minced veal and pork back bacon

Obatzda, Bavarian cheese delicacy

Radi - heavily salted radish (side dish)

that's local!!!

Date: May 29, 2017 20:48

Anastasia60
micawber
bv

We are ready for the Bavarian cuisine!:

Schweinsbraten = Pork Roast

Böfflamott = meat dish of Bavarian cuisine . For this, beef is pickled in red wine (also regionally also in white wine) and then stewed .

Schweinshaxen Ham hocks

Kalbsbraten = Veal Roast

gefüllte = filled
Kalbsbrust = breast of veal,

Weißwüscht, a traditional Bavarian sausage made from minced veal and pork back bacon

Obatzda, Bavarian cheese delicacy

Radi - heavily salted radish (side dish)

that's local!!!

Great - and right!
Here again for bv and the beer sizes im Hofbräuhaus [www.hofbraeuhaus.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-29 20:50 by micawber.

Date: May 30, 2017 22:00

Regular Tickets for Munich available again: Cat.5+6 (seated) - [www.Eventim.de] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 5, 2017 11:03

Anybody else staying at the Derag Livinghotel am Olympiapark? Looks like it's one of the closest hotels within walking distance of the venue.

Date: July 26, 2017 12:30

Categories which were available at the additional Ticket-Sale on Eventim.de, 26-Jul-2017, 10am CEST:

There were no Lucky Dip Tickets. Cat.12+13 = Restricted view.

Date: July 28, 2017 21:23

Kennt einer eine billige Absteige in München oder nördlich davon (S Bahn-Nähe)?

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 29, 2017 00:06

Monsoon Ragoon

meet some fans after the show and hung up with them in a rockclub or so, Most clubs closes around 5am. From where do you come from#?

Date: July 29, 2017 10:15

Ladykiller
Monsoon Ragoon

meet some fans after the show and hung up with them in a rockclub or so, Most clubs closes around 5am. From where do you come from#?

Ich will nicht die Nacht durchmachen, sondern suche eine Übernachtungsmöglichkeit, eine Pension oder so ;-)

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1926
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home