Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Munich Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:13

bv
Meeting place in Munich:

I will suggest HARD ROCK CAFE in Munich as meeting place.

[www.hardrock.com]
Platzl 1
It is just opposite HB (Hofbrauhaus)

Personally I am not a big fan of Hard Rock Cafe, but I do know that most like it, so that is why I recommend it.

As I don't like burger food, I will go to my usual favorite place in Munich:

Orlandohaus am Platzl
Platzl 4A
[www.muenchen.de]
It is on the same place, Platzl, facing Hard Rock and HB, and they have outside seating under a roof. I go there for the Augustiner beer and for the great food.

If anyone do know Munich then feel free to recommend a place out my Olympiastadion on show day, but I am afraid that area will be so crowded, it will be hard to find a please to get space, comfort and food.
The
These are just my suggestins. Feel free to comment.
Any of those work for us - less than 1km from our hotel. Tuesday at about what time?

Re: Munich Germany travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:21

That was the case in Paris for the 2 Metallica show at AccorHotels Arena Paris saturday and yesterday.
Certainly the same for the Stones in October in the U ARENA...
Happy24
slewan
even harder than in Hamburg (no bags of any kind allowed)

This is ridiculous. The next thing they will prescribe the allowed length of your hair. One has to pay many hundreds of Euro for a ticket and then go through this. Security reasons? Gimme a break. What about the security right after the gig, when thousands and thousands of people are pouring out of the gates? They seem to be ready to search your cavities when you want to enter the site, but if some loonatic waits outside the gates, that is obviously okay. Sorry, this doesn't make me feel any safer, it makes me feel being bullied.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:24

Hard Rock Cafe and Orlando Haus in Platzl - meeting places:
I guess people may arrange their own times, some come early, some come late. I will be at Orlando Haus when I have finished work today Monday, may be around 7pm, then tomorrow show day may be at 4pm, then leaving for the venue by 5pm I assume.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Flash1 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 11:57

Rolling Stones are landing with her Boing 767 in munich, sunday 10.09.2017
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 11:58 by Flash1.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:29

The Oktoberfest is the largest beerfest in the world. Some of you might have wondered why a room in a 2 or 3 star hotel costs up to EUR 500 even 4 days before beer drinkers start flooding Munich.

It's not only because the Stones are in town. FC Bayern München is playing against Anderlecht on Tuesday and the 'World's Leading Trade Fair for the Beverage and Liquid Food Industry' Drinktec is taking place in Munich. So Munich is going to be very busy Tuesday night.

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:34

And tomorrow is the first day at school after summer holidays in Bavaria. This day is always full of traffic jams etc. every year the same story...At least the area around Olympiastadion is not that huge than the venue in Hamburg. But Hamburg was great. Looking forward to the show in my hometown tomorrow...

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:38

Where is the song vote, pals?

Posted by: yvonnedanger ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:53

TE
Got a pit ticket.
400Euro, or make a bid. friend backed out.

TE
Oslo

TE do you still have the Pit ticket?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:56

Domonkos
Where is the song vote, pals?

még nincs / not yet

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 11, 2017 12:58

Mick and Keith in Munich in 1973. Pics by Rudi Martini can be seen at the Rock Museum in Munich.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 13:52

Does anyone have a spare ticket? The 'bell boy'/concierge at my hotel (Hilton in the Park) is looking for one... decent guy.

Thanks

Date: September 11, 2017 13:54

StonesSmeth99
Does anyone have a spare ticket? The 'bell boy'/concierge at my hotel (Hilton in the Park) is looking for one... decent guy.

Thanks

If TE sells me his Pit ticket I have a spare general standing ticket.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 11, 2017 14:13

Now in Munich, about to take a stroll to the Olympic Park. I am staying a 15-20 min walk away.

Date: September 11, 2017 15:58

Being told it pays to use the South entrance ( Eingang Süd) to get to GA faster. The stairs are at the south end, but the stage is at the north end.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 11, 2017 16:57

Topi,

YOU ROCK!

Any sight of the stage and pit layout for this one yet?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 11, 2017 17:03

Lets Spend The Night Together
Beast of Burden
Rocks Off
Bitch

Rocks Off !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 17:04 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 11, 2017 17:17

Beast of Burden

Date: September 11, 2017 18:07

Sorry I did not see the stage/pit all that well.

Posted by: justsway ()
Date: September 11, 2017 18:40

I just take a walk over the Olympia area. Great to see all the preperations but hard to get a look into the stadion because of the fence. But its the same stage as in Hamburg with the straight catwalk and the two PIT area´s. They try the video walls but no soundcheck. Lot´s of security some with metall detectors others fly around with a drone. They have extra personal controls before the regular entrance and it could take a long time tomorow to get all the people into the stadion after security check. Only two entrances so far and one of them is quite small. But we will see. At the end everybody is in before the show starts winking smiley

To get a look to the stage an into the stadion you´ve to go on top of the Olympiatower. Inside the tower on the top there is a Rock museum with some nice rock memorables and you have a great look around munich and the stadium as well.

I don´t know if the stones left the hotel today. A few group of fans were around the hotel. I just walked of and someone (?) left the hotel. Some fans run behind and take selfies and get autographs. Can´t see who it is but for sure not anyone of the Stones (Mick/Keith/Charlie/Ron).

Missed Hamburg (damn) but really excited for tomorow!

Date: September 11, 2017 19:43

With my main man Nate at the Augustiner Klosterwirt! Dinner soon at Zum Augustiner

Posted by: samakira ()
Date: September 11, 2017 19:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-11 19:52 by samakira.

Date: September 11, 2017 19:59

Just seen Karl, Bernard and Darryl going in the hotel

Date: September 11, 2017 20:12

StonesSmeth99 I am getting a Pit ticket so I have my general standing ticket for sale if the bell boy still wants one.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:13

samakira

Nice poster.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:56

Anybody of the locals from Munich/Bavaria knows about the quality/capacity of the connecting network at the stadium?

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: September 11, 2017 20:59

stone-relics
Hard to describe which is worse..the poster or the show, but, after listening...the poster is MONET..the show...just a bunch of cacophony...nothing close to a band performing. Keith, time to hang it up...

Monet original Artworks are great and the same for Picasso in the Barcelona Museum and now its time for The Rolling Stones and I'm in for the Barcelona gig!

Date: September 11, 2017 21:17

Yvonnedanger - please could I check the price you would require and how would it be possible to collect the ticket from you? I would need to confirm everything with the bell boy before confirming. Thank you!

Posted by: justsway ()
Date: September 11, 2017 21:27

waterrats
Anybody of the locals from Munich/Bavaria knows about the quality/capacity of the connecting network at the stadium?

There is one tube conection and a 5 minute walk. The conection is ok but you have to expect if you go to the underground directly after the concert that you have to roll past one or two trains before you get in the train.

Best way to an from the stadion is with bike - a lot of Bikes for rental are all over Munich.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:07

samakira

fantastic poster - so much better than the one they had for Hamburg. I really hope they're selling this as a T-shirt!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 11, 2017 22:55

runaway
stone-relics
Hard to describe which is worse..the poster or the show, but, after listening...the poster is MONET..the show...just a bunch of cacophony...nothing close to a band performing. Keith, time to hang it up...

Monet original Artworks are great and the same for Picasso in the Barcelona Museum and now its time for The Rolling Stones and I'm in for the Barcelona gig!

Monet? Picasso? Bad desgin? Are you blind? The design of the poster reminds much more of paintings by Franz Marc - see: [de.wikipedia.org] , [de.wikipedia.org] and [de.wikipedia.org]

Marc was born in Munich and lived there. I guess that's why the Stones did chose that kind of poster design for their Munich show

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home