Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: If ya dig Diana Krall
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 6, 2017 17:50

Nice read re her new album and music in general.

[www.yahoo.com]

Re: OT: If ya dig Diana Krall
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:19

I do! And I always thought she was sexy as hell. Lucky man, Elvis Costello.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: May 6, 2017 18:43

Her first couple of albums were nice. Then came the strings and everything got as boring as hell ever since. I don´t care anymore.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 6, 2017 22:14

I think Girl In The Other Room is just as underrated as Goats Head Soup. I really like it, but loathe Wallflower.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 7, 2017 00:57

I'm going to see her this summer at the local winery. Should be a nice evening.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: May 7, 2017 01:58

I think she's great.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 7, 2017 22:25

Diana is from Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. She and Elvis have a place in West Vancouver. She joined McCartney on stage last year when he was in town to play piano on one of his new songs that she also played on the album. Next night was when Jimmy Fallon joined him on stage.
For a number of years recently, it was the Canadian women who were hugely popular internationally: Celine, Shania, Alanis, Sarah Maclachlan, Diana, Nelly Furtado, Avril Lavigne etc. Now it's people like Bieber, Drake, Weeknd, Nickelback - none of which I listen to.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 8, 2017 13:14

Top notch vocalist .

Date: May 8, 2017 13:15

TheGreek
Top notch vocalist .

& pianist!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: May 8, 2017 15:54

Instrumentally and sonically the new album is masterful. Diana sounds like she's phoning it in however.

Date: May 8, 2017 18:33

Imo, she isn´t a top notch vocalist. She sounds the same on every song and she really gets annoying when she´s trying too hard sounding lush and sultry. When she swings, she really swings but the ballads are mostly boring.

Date: May 9, 2017 09:31

i got the new cd for free as a promotion with the concert tickets. i like it. its what i call sunday morning music. very mellow & perfect for relaxing with coffee & the sunday paper

Date: May 9, 2017 15:05

Her first two or three albums were fresh re-interpretations of standards. Then she decided to make meaningless elevator-music only. Her new album is the most boring album she´s ever delivered. A total waste of time. She don´t even sings on most tunes, she just mumbles and murmours as if she was half asleep... Try out Stacey Kent´s first albums for the Candid label instead. After she went to Blue Note she unfortunately became very boring too, all she does now is boring bossa nova ballads, how boring, boring, boring, boring. Have all of those singers forgot how to swing?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home