Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Which Album should they Re-Make?
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 5, 2017 02:37

Palace Revolution 2000
But this is very different from officially 'RE-RECORDING' a specific album.Because this implies that you didn't do it right the first time.

The spirit is more of an homage.. not we f+cked something up.
Clearly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-05 02:37 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 5, 2017 02:40

MisterDDDD
Palace Revolution 2000
But this is very different from officially 'RE-RECORDING' a specific album.Because this implies that you didn't do it right the first time.

The spirit is more of an homage.. not we f+cked something up.
Clearly.
That is a good statement. But I see "Stripped" as doing that well.
I honestly dont know what I wouild think if the Stones went back and said "we are going to re-record Out of our Heads.
Come to think of it - I do think it would depend very much on the actual album they would choose to do.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 5, 2017 02:50

Why? Seems boring and unnecessary. Put out some new stuff if your going to be a working band.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 5, 2017 03:32

I think at this point we are lucky that they released Blue And Lonesome in December and are still touring together. They could just put out vault releases from here on out and it would be gravy in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-05 03:34 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2017 03:56

Recording a live 'remake' of an album ala Sticky Fingers is different than trying to re-invent something from the past in the studio which is a pointless idea. If they did a studio 'remake' quickly in a day or two as had been suggested, the results would be half-assed. And if they gave it the time it deserves (as the originals were in the first place), it would be a complete waste of time and the chances of it improving anything would be zero given the state of their diminished skills and musicianship in these latter years. Maybe they could throw together a quick reconfigurated/rewritten/regurgitated 'blues' version of Dirty Work (for example), but why bother?

With that said, it might be interesting to hear a live version of Beggars Banquet,Let it Bleed, Exile, etc. from start to finish as they did with Sticky Fingers, but even then it wouldn't come close to the original classic versions - the Sticky Fingers live release proves that.

Re: Whichttps://iorr.org/talk/list.php?1h Album should they Re-Make?
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: April 5, 2017 05:47

The Beatles 2nd album (USA); some Chuck, some Little Richard, some Smokey, some great originals...some soul hits and a few great originals...
yep re-make that one drinking smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 5, 2017 06:54

MisterDDDD
Rockman
None or 'em .... prefer the Glimmers ta tell us what they think of a 2017 world ....
Agree.

But.. given that it's a project that could be done relatively easily.. similar to B & Lin terms of time, and like B & L could be done while in studio recording 2017 music.. I'd personally love a re-make of Black & Blue or Goats Head Soup..

You seem intent on preventing the Stones make a studio album of new song material if you only could manage it.

Let the Stones make a more arranged and better produced A BIGGER BANG then. Highlighting "Sweet Neocon" and " Streets of Love". Both could be improved upon.

Alternatively, a more arranged BLUE AND LONESOME ( with the same song material).

moody smileymoody smileymoody smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 5, 2017 08:23

BamaStone
Abbey Road...they've already rehearsed and performed "Come Together"..

true, so side 2 should therefore be a piece of cake. I wanna hear mick sing Mean Mr. Mustard.

Date: April 5, 2017 08:27

Maybe the could have a go at redoing a live album, instead of studio?

I'd like for them to redo brussels, just to see if they could top it.

actually, maybe they could aim a bit lower and start with Still Life, and try and work their way up to redoing GYYYO?

It could be a worthy goal.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 5, 2017 08:30

treaclefingers
BamaStone
Abbey Road...they've already rehearsed and performed "Come Together"..

true, so side 2 should therefore be a piece of cake. I wanna hear mick sing Mean Mr. Mustard.

Yes, and Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 5, 2017 08:48

None!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: April 5, 2017 19:31

All re-recorded studio tracks on Stripped are technically tour rehearsals, the quality is - by far - not comparable to the studio originals. Sounds very lame, the live takes are much better or at least closer to the originals.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: April 5, 2017 20:04

They could cut the best tracks from their solo albums as full Stones band tracks.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: April 5, 2017 21:14

Great question! I think they should remake "Goat's Head Soup" with all the original instrumentation and new lyrics for all songs except "Angie." The album sounds great but the lyrics for the most part are daft. "Dancing with Mr D" could be a great song without the horror show styling. "Winter" is beautiful but it's hard to make sense of "restoration plays have all gone round" or whatever it is. "Star Star" would've been a big hit without the you know what in the chorus. "Silver Train" with a groove like that deserves better words. If Keith needs six minutes to come down again, at least he should be more descriptive. Just my two pence.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 5, 2017 22:24

I think they should re-record the Beatles' White Album. I'd pay for that on vinyl, and I don't even own a turntable anymore.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: April 5, 2017 22:52

Tate
I think they should re-record the Beatles' White Album. I'd pay for that on vinyl, and I don't even own a turntable anymore.

Their version of Revolution No 9 would be... very interesting.

Date: April 5, 2017 22:53

Re-recording boring GHS?
Wise men do not make the same mistake twice.

Date: April 5, 2017 22:54

Re-recording DW?
That would be a mistake. DW is perfect the way it is.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 5, 2017 23:24

Pretty much everything from '68-'72 is perfectly recorded. If they were going to re-record anything it should be Disc One of Hot Rocks.

Date: April 6, 2017 06:19

Pietro
Great question! I think they should remake "Goat's Head Soup" with all the original instrumentation and new lyrics for all songs except "Angie." The album sounds great but the lyrics for the most part are daft. "Dancing with Mr D" could be a great song without the horror show styling. "Winter" is beautiful but it's hard to make sense of "restoration plays have all gone round" or whatever it is. "Star Star" would've been a big hit without the you know what in the chorus. "Silver Train" with a groove like that deserves better words. If Keith needs six minutes to come down again, at least he should be more descriptive. Just my two pence.

Speechless

Date: April 6, 2017 08:46

Send It To me
Pretty much everything from '68-'72 is perfectly recorded. If they were going to re-record anything it should be Disc One of Hot Rocks.

unfathomable

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 6, 2017 08:53

The first 3 or 4 ones, stripped versions.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home