Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Since chuch died.......
Date: September 7, 2005 02:01

So my post today is negitive i wont denie that. it concers the games and the poltics on the stones backline. The backline really took form in 75 when ronnie joined the band, he brought along both Chuch Magee and Russ shalagabaum. they would do charlie and ronnies work. Alan Rogan was keiths and micks tech(he also was Pete townsands tech). in 1981, Chuch Was made the Backline Crewchief in 1981.

AS thoes who knew him will tell you, Chuch was a warmhearted, man of class, and loved his friends, family and the stones. He honestly was the one who kept things going and kept things together.

IN 1989, Keith Fired Alan Rogan and Hired Pierre de Beauport, who is a great guy, i personal have met him on 3-4 occasions. also in 89, Mick hired Dave Rouch to be his tech and eventually would become daryll's tech. Russ became charlies tech, and Chuck levell had a tech who would eventully, commit sucided backstage during B2B. chuck hired Pete labell.

With the creation of the B-stage, Russ was now put incharge of it. the stones hired, Mike to set up charlies drums, mike is nothing short of a class-less, wominzing, crackattick.

The stones backline had always been five men, untill the bstage then it was six.
Chuch was the man who kept everything together and on the same page.

We all know the Chuch passed in the summer of '02, After chuch died, the backline fell apart. Fortunnaly, they were able to keep it together for most of licks.

In the past 6 moths the backline has completly fell apart. first off for this tour, they hired 11! people, a number they have never even come close to used before. Whats evem more sad. that with the loss of the solid 2 stages(being that its really only one) they dropped Russ, who was the most deidcated off all of them, for 5 new guys, But kept, Mike, who has cause so many problems inside the backline. There reason "Budget" which is complete BS, they also lost, Pete, who they didnt even offer 1000 a week.

Unfortunaly, Piere has gotten the wrap for this one, but it is competely not this fault, why the @#$%& would you get 11 anyway, not to mention leave out the loyal people that have behind you for years. In my opipion, its all about jake berry that fat @#$%&, Uppity bastard, who takes orders straight from micheal cohl. The stones, dont really know, Charlie has even stated that its Out of his hands.

Re: Since chuch died.......
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 7, 2005 04:33

Wow, lots of inside information! Unfortunately, apart from a few die hard fans, most won't care, unless there's some screwups during the concerts.
One would think that Mick/Keith would have final say as to who stays and who goes.

Date: September 7, 2005 05:04

you would think so, but Basically, after 42 years, all they wanna worrie about is going out and playing, and it some sense, its an ego thing, they dont wanna half to deal with it, leave it to management, hmmmmm.........

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 7, 2005 07:12

ISleptWithLisaFischer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my opipion, its all about jake berry that fat @#$%&, Uppity bastard, who takes orders straight from micheal cohl.

Jake Berry is not involved in this tour. He is working with U2.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 7, 2005 13:21

Also, JC disappeared in 2003...whatever they accuse him for, he was a nice guy, always friendly to fans.

Posted by: smith ()
Date: September 7, 2005 14:28

the great JC... always friendly? hm, I don't remember him exactly like this, but that's another story..

anyway - he sold stolen club-tickets on the licks-tour to fans making a good income for himself. somebody got behind it and story goes, that Mick was furious about it and fired him immediately - Keith and Ron were upset, they would have kept him anyway because of their friendship.

I hope he's still playing the unemployed-game, he always gave me the impression that he's the most important man in the world, yeah - srew him:-)

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:42

smith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the great JC... always friendly? hm, I don't
> remember him exactly like this, but that's another
> story..
>
> anyway - he sold stolen club-tickets on the
> licks-tour to fans making a good income for
> himself. somebody got behind it and story goes,
> that Mick was furious about it and fired him
> immediately - Keith and Ron were upset, they would
> have kept him anyway because of their friendship.
>
> I hope he's still playing the unemployed-game, he
> always gave me the impression that he's the most
> important man in the world, yeah - srew him:-)

I dunno how your story goes but I remember him like I did in my previous post. Of course, he sometimes threw fans out of Stones hotels who could not behave well (and believe me, these kinds of fans still exist). But that was his job. On the other hand, if he liked people, he let them closer to the band, invited them to the front of the stage area and things like that. Nice guy.

Posted by: stonesmachine ()
Date: September 8, 2005 00:38

Although I never had the opportunity to meet him, Chuch was from my hometown. I have never heard anything but good things about him, both as a person and as a very professional, hard working member of the Stones organization. I do think he made a big difference in the productions.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: September 8, 2005 01:27

I met Chuck on sevreal occations in 1987/88 when Ronnie played the Gunslingers tour with Bo Diddley. He was the sweetest man, and easy to talk to. Nice guy!

As far as JC is concerned I wish him good luck far away from The Stones camp! I don't care for cheating people, and definetely not on the behalf of Stones fans. Selling stolen tickets to fans... Give me a break, a scalper from the inside? Jagger did the right thing, if the story is true.

By the way, I hate the idea of people selling tickets for more than face value. I always think that one should be pals, and pass the tickets onto others at face value. Just the look on their faces is enough to make me smile for days.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: September 8, 2005 07:32

Get Alan Rogan back there again, he gets credits on BANG.

Milo, NYC
You're gonna get it straight from the shoulder

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 8, 2005 09:25

I thought that CHUCK died.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2005 13:42

"I thought that CHUCK died."

No, he did not, but his tecnician committed suicide backstage, I learned here.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 8, 2005 13:55

Am I understanding this correctly--Chuck Leavell's tech killed himself backstage? During a show? After a show?

When and where did this happen? How? Awful...

Posted by: stonesmachine ()
Date: September 8, 2005 22:37

I think there is some confusion, Chuch Magee (pronounced Chooch) not Chuck, passed away while rehearsels were going on for the Licks tour

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: September 8, 2005 22:39

Well,

I guess it's possible to play "telephone" online...

Thanks for clearing those questions up.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: September 10, 2005 11:59

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-30 01:25 by chelskeith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home