Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Woody Owns "Look What The Cat Dragged In"
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:24

Ronnie rips through this track and shows he still got it. He adds that funky/ragged sound that only he can play. Good to hear him in top form, his playing makes the song work.

"Get out my house with that dirty old mouse" is an instant classic line.

Milo, NYC
You hate to be alone

Re: Woody Owns "Look What The Cat Dragged In"
Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:26

So true! Add jagger's phrasing to Woody's playing and it makes a hell of a song.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:34

Yeah...esp since he is only on 10 out of 16 tracks.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:37

I don´t understand why nobody talk about this song..... my favourite at this moment.... smiling smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 7, 2005 19:40

nobody's talking about it? there's another entire thread with dozens of posts talking about it. Everybody's talking about it....

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 7, 2005 20:35

Interesting....My wife asked if MJ wrote this about Ronnie!

JR

Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 7, 2005 20:57

Cat is great, even if they did steal the riff from "Need You Tonight" by INXS. INXS should be flattered! Get out of my house with your dirty old mouse is my favorite lyric on the album smiling smiley

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: September 7, 2005 21:20

Best song on the album! Ronnie's still got it!

By the way: If this song is any reference to INXS then Undercover was the influence/reference for INXS! I think it's nonsense to compare!! This is original and classic Stones, it has nothing to do with other bands.

Sometimes an artist get's an idea and then later he/she thinks: I know it from somewhere but I can't recall. This happened with Anybody Seen My Baby. As Mick put it: It's difficult not to copy part of a melodie, riff etc which already exists (not on purpose). There is so much music nowadays.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: September 7, 2005 22:19

Bullshit,its a clear lift from Need you tonight, but so what, the Stones have been doing that since the first album,never heard of Bo Diddley?

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: September 7, 2005 22:26

T&A.... I´ve mean... nobody is talking GOOD THINGS about this song.... at least, the post I read till now (a complete thread) goesn´t in this sense...

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: September 7, 2005 22:29

"Bullshit,its a clear lift from Need you tonight, but so what, the Stones have been doing that since the first album,never heard of Bo Diddley?"

All bands take a bit music from each other..... that's what's called developement / evolution.... ever heard about Darwin??

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: September 7, 2005 22:32

Of course I know about Darwin, you must have confused me with George Bush smiling smiley

Date: September 8, 2005 07:42

People, the chord sequence reminds me also of Rock and A Hard Place, Sex Drive and about 100 James Brown songs. Yeah there is a similarity to the INXS tune, but that part of the song, in it's totality is a small part. We could make this a "who is ripping off who thread" but thats not the point. If you claim theft then they all stole from James Browns guitar player(S).

The thread is about Ronnie thwacking out some seriously good guitar work (reminds me of Some Girls/81-82 tour/Undercover). He still got it if he can avoid the drugs.

I also feel that it is his licks, runs and solo's that really give the song life and a ragged edge and Stones sound/feel.

I am just happy to hear Ronnie slashing again.

Milo, NYC
Those days are gone baby, locked away and never seen

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: September 8, 2005 11:27

"I don´t understand why nobody talk about this song"..

???
I blab about it any chance I get.
Fkn great song!
My fave on the album and they should do it live.

As for it sounding like INXS, the riff part - sort of, maybe I guess - but the overall song is Stones, I hear no INXS.

It's from the same mould that cast "Undercover of the night" - only better.
And I think UOTN is a cracker of a song too!

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2005 11:53

Aah, that key guitar thing is played by Ron? I was wondering that it must be him because I think it's too fast for Keith's fingers and hands, and perhaps too difficult for Mick. Excellent work from Ron - I think it is one of the greatest instrumental moments in the album (even though it is 'borrowed'..)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-08 11:54 by Doxa.

Date: September 8, 2005 12:07

Actually, Keith does similar thing on other songs on the album, but Woody is playing a bit faster and funkier - great job.

Date: September 10, 2005 07:33

What you hear on "Cat" is classic Ronnie Wood. He handles both solos, has that great little decending speedy lick and then just slashes thru the song.

I have not heard him tear it up like that on a record since Undercover and Dirty Work.

Woody is back !

Milo, NYC
We all need someone we can bleed on

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: September 10, 2005 11:39

Ronnie is indeed FINE. Too bad he can't pull that off on stage! sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home