Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Photos 1975 San Antonio 2nd Show
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 24, 2017 21:17

Apparently someone snuck in a camera and, until recently, forgot about the photos... They're on exhibit in San Antonio this weekend.

This link has a photo gallery that you can browse through

This link has a few pics on the page but is mainly a short article/announcement

Enjoy!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Re: New Photos 1975 San Antonio 2nd Show
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 24, 2017 22:17

mr_dja
Apparently someone snuck in a camera and, until recently, forgot about the photos... They're on exhibit in San Antonio this weekend.

This link has a photo gallery that you can browse through

This link has a few pics on the page but is mainly a short article/announcement

Enjoy!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Nice DJA thumbs up

Date: March 25, 2017 13:02

Two things struck me in the photo album.
I think ( not 100% sure) that the pics from second show might be only ones from that show. I can't recall seeing Ronnie in those black/beige leathers before; and Keith's clothes too look unfamiliar.
Also Keith looks to be playing a Travis Bean at one point. And he is up at the mike with Jagger, playing a Les Paul capoed in 4th. "Luxury"?
There is one pic, at the mike, where it looks like the Pirate guitar. So early on in tour not too many Fenders.

PS somehow there is a 73 shot of Jagger in photo album.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 25, 2017 14:33

Goldtop Les Paul, Luxury, last show before the Beautiful Tele Custom joined the ranx....

smileys with beer

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: March 25, 2017 16:16

Those are some great pictures!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 25, 2017 16:53

What about audience recordings?

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 25, 2017 17:44

You hit the jackpot. Thanks!

Date: March 25, 2017 17:48

Somebody had to say this ;-)

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 25, 2017 21:40

Thanks for posting, mr-dja thumbs up

Regarding the photo slideshow [www.mysanantonio.com], according to the posted credits, only the first image is one of the recently unearthed photos taken by Norman Avila. Cool shot of Mick. The rest of the 40 or so live show band pics are credited to well-known music photographer Fin Costello via Redferns-Getty Images – great stuff! Does anyone know if Fin Costello was the tour photographer?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 26, 2017 14:24

Palace Revolution 2000
I think ( not 100% sure) that the pics from second show might be only ones from that show. I can't recall seeing Ronnie in those black/beige leathers before; and Keith's clothes too look unfamiliar.
Also Keith looks to be playing a Travis Bean at one point. And he is up at the mike with Jagger, playing a Les Paul capoed in 4th. "Luxury"?
There is one pic, at the mike, where it looks like the Pirate guitar. So early on in tour not too many Fenders.

He used the Goldtop for Happy, TD, WH. The Travis Bean he used for Star Star, You Gotta Move and Fingerprint File.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-26 14:28 by Mathijs.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 26, 2017 20:49

Great photos thanks!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 27, 2017 11:32

Monsoon Ragoon

Freezer aka Arthur Parr had taped these two shows. Before he died he supposedly sent cd-r's of his recordings to a handful of collectors (among them U2Lynne from Trader's Den).

Date: March 27, 2017 11:36

dcba
Monsoon Ragoon

Freezer aka Arthur Parr had taped these two shows. Before he died he supposedly sent cd-r's of his recordings to a handful of collectors (among them U2Lynne from Trader's Den).

I wonder why these show remain top secret. Wasn't it pretty normal shows with Luxury and maybe Dance Little Sister being the only "rarities"?

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 27, 2017 18:28

Not sure they're top secret, really. I assumed there just aren't any tapes circulating. Mr. Freezer (if he taped the show) had his own ideas about what should be released and when.

I was at the first show, so I would definitely be interested if any recordings surface.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 27, 2017 20:33

Jagger looks totally wasted in most '75 photos.

Date: March 28, 2017 20:44

Mathijs
Palace Revolution 2000

He used the Goldtop for Happy, TD, WH. The Travis Bean he used for Star Star, You Gotta Move and Fingerprint File.

Mathijs

Thanx Mathijs. I'd never seen him with a Capoed LP; especially not the Gold Top. Do we have a recording of him doing 'Happy' on the LP?
I have also seen pics from '75 of him with Travis Bass.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home