Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT Norway happiest place to live
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 20, 2017 23:20

stone4ever
One good reason for britain not be in the EU. What does Albania have to offer as a candidate for accession into the European Union.
Ok my last word on this thread.

This thread is deletion bound anyway.... I am in USA and totally support you on Brexit. smileys with beer I loved England when I visited a few decades back/for two months or so/ before you were called The UK. Hope I have that UK thing right!

Date: March 20, 2017 23:55

triceratops
stone4ever
One good reason for britain not be in the EU. What does Albania have to offer as a candidate for accession into the European Union.

This thread is deletion bound anyway.... I am in USA and totally support you on Brexit. smileys with beer I loved England when I visited a few decades back/for two months or so/ before you were called The UK. Hope I have that UK thing right!

It will still be the UK. The kingdom remains, and the countries/states will remain united smiling smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 20, 2017 23:56

You are happy if you feel safe, if the democracy do work, and if everybody have equal rights. These things are all defined by UN, United Nations. I wish more people could respect each others because then more people would feel safe and happy.

In Norway we have minor problems only. Like why do they pay only $50 or so per barrel for our oil these days while they used to pay $100 and more in the past. And how can we export more fish so that we don't have to pump up the oil that is not that good for mother earth and the climate changes.

I would not say that Norway is the perfect place to live in, because half the year we hardly see the sun, but all in all we don't have any big problems. The difference in the political parties is marginal, they discuss if the tax level should be 35% or 34% or may be 36% or if we should ban plastic bags and if we should shoot more wolfs who walk around freely and kill some sheep and such things. Since most people in the world don't know where we are it is not many countries who would care to make war against us. Sweden do for sure hate us because we have great cross country skiing heroes, but Sweden (and Finland) have hundreds of great ice hockey players so I think it is 1:1 in that division. All of the Nordic countries are safe and great to live in.

So most of the time it is possible to work hard with no worries and save up for future tours. When the Stones stop touring I will be rich. Until then I do know exactly how to spend all my extra money...

Bjornulf

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 20, 2017 23:56

triceratops
stone4ever

I'll drink to that my friend smileys with beer and yes you do have the UK thing right. You can't even say you are English on any form these days. Great Britain was indeed replaced with UK.

The UK will still be part of Nato and the UN though, so Brexit is not so drastic. I hope.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-21 00:08 by stone4ever.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2017 00:21

HankM
I start feeling more happy just saying the word Norway..
and I was feeling pretty happy to start with, but... NORWAY... and I feel happier.

I find this to be true also!

NORWAY!!!

smileys with beer

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: March 21, 2017 00:34

Hairball
HankM
and I was feeling pretty happy to start with, but... NORWAY... and I feel happier.

NORWAY!!!

smileys with beer
grinning smiley Which way ya goin? NORWAY!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2017 00:42

HankM
Hairball
HankM

NORWAY!!!

smileys with beer

Do you know the WAY to NORWAY? smiling smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 21, 2017 00:47

DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stone4ever

It will still be the UK. The kingdom remains, and the countries/states will remain united smiling smiley

But when we are out of Europe, who will we blame for everything that's wrong with our corner of Paradise?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 21, 2017 01:02

Alcohol is very expensive!!!! Difficult to be happy. smileys with beer

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 21, 2017 01:07

So where does a young person out of college work in Norway? Or the kid with only a high school diploma?

Is there universal health care in Norway?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 21, 2017 04:24

Well NZ was picked as # 3 in the same study and I feel really lucky to have ended up here after wondering for so long. Politics here is much like BV describes politics in Norway. There is no name calling, shouting , everyone just seems to get along. It really does make a difference.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 21, 2017 04:41

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stone4ever

But when we are out of Europe, who will we blame for everything that's wrong with our corner of Paradise?
Just be like America...blame blacks, Latinos, gays, single women, liberals.

You'll get the hang of it.

Date: March 21, 2017 08:46

jlowe
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stone4ever

Are you moving geographically as well? winking smiley

Date: March 21, 2017 10:04

Hairball
HankM
Hairball
HankM

NORWAY!!!

smileys with beer

Do you know the WAY to NORWAY? smiling smiley

I only know the way to San Jose...
I think Norway is the other way, the only way... NORWAY!smiling smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 21, 2017 10:20

keefriff99
jlowe
DandelionPowderman
triceratops
stone4ever

Just be like America...blame blacks, Latinos, gays, single women, liberals.

You'll get the hang of it.

We do that already.
Or rather the right wing press do.
We could go back to blaming anyone under 30.....that used to be a frequent refrain.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 21, 2017 10:38

I love Oslo, but I swear this poll must have been taken in June.

And the people responding have never been to Hawaii, which is so different from the rest of the United States that it should qualify as a country.

Date: March 21, 2017 10:40

Nobody complains more than the norwegians, I thought.. It must be really bad elsewhere... winking smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 21, 2017 11:06

I could very well imagine Denmark, Sweden and Norway to be very happy places (and excuse me for naming those three countries in one sentence, as if they were the same), if it weren't for the alcohol prices. But maybe you all brew your own?

Date: March 21, 2017 11:06

DandelionPowderman
Nobody complains more than the norwegians, I thought.. It must be really bad elsewhere... HUMANS winking smiley
fixed that grinning smiley

Incessantly complaining seems to be a humans everywhere thing... and possibly what has saved us from alien invasion as the aliens come by, have a look and listen and think "who in the universe would want to stop by and visit Earth, let alone conquer and live on that planet where the inhabitants are always coming up with new complainants as their earlier complaints are solved and forgotten"** and then the aliens zoom off to Alpha Centauri spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

e.g.**
2008-2010... WHEN ARE THE STONES GOING BACK ON TOUR!!!??
2014-2016... WHEN ARE THE STONES GOING TO MIX UP THE SET LISTS!!!??
2016-2017... WHEN ARE THE STONES GOING BACK ON TOUR!!!??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-21 11:08 by HankM.

Date: March 21, 2017 11:08

HankM
DandelionPowderman
Nobody complains more than the norwegians, I thought.. It must be really bad elsewhere... HUMANS winking smiley

Incessantly complaining seems to be a humans everywhere thing... and possibly what has saved us from alien invasion as the aliens come by, have a look and listen and think "who in the universe would want to stop by and visit Earth, let alone conquer and live on that planet where the inhabitants are always coming up with new complainants as their earlier complaints are solved and forgotten"**. As they zoom off to Alpha Centauri spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

e.g.**

smileys with beer

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 21, 2017 11:18

Norway.... sounds more like No Way..smileys with beer

Date: March 21, 2017 11:28

mtaylor
Norway.... sounds more like No Way..smileys with beer

«Nether» in Netherlands means «down» or «lower», right? winking smiley

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 21, 2017 11:45

HankM
DandelionPowderman

Incessantly complaining seems to be a humans everywhere thing... and possibly what has saved us from alien invasion as the aliens come by, have a look and listen and think "who in the universe would want to stop by and visit Earth, let alone conquer and live on that planet where the inhabitants are always coming up with new complainants as their earlier complaints are solved and forgotten"** and then the aliens zoom off to Alpha Centauri spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

e.g.**

MICK TAYL... oh well, better not continue...

Date: March 21, 2017 11:49

Taylor, of course, loves Norway (see the bag) smiling smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 21, 2017 12:31

I love Norway, I have been few times and I am happy that people there are happy. it is a great country and they deserve it.
i saw many other happy people around europe, inside or outside european union .
what I read here sometimes is unbelievable

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 21, 2017 13:59

I don't want to piss on everyone's party but i found Norway to be cold and boring. The people a tad reserved, but very pleasant and friendly all the same. I'm not rushing to go back there lol, drinks are too expensive. 7 euros a pint !!
Give me Hawaii anytime, now that's a place to go back to spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-21 14:03 by stone4ever.

Date: March 21, 2017 14:35

stone4ever
I don't want to piss on everyone's party but i found Norway to be cold and boring. The people a tad reserved, but very pleasant and friendly all the same. I'm not rushing to go back there lol, drinks are too expensive. 7 euros a pint !!
Give me Hawaii anytime, now that's a place to go back to spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Norwegian Rolling Stones boards are okay, though? smileys with beer

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: March 21, 2017 14:48

my Fathers side is from Norway,and I have a Norwegian name Eric

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 21, 2017 15:36

I've been to Norway twice, both for gigs in Oslo, the 1st being the Stones in 2014 followed by Macca the next year. Despite the expensiveness, I enjoyed my visits very much. Clean country, excellent infrastructure, and very sensibly, they've stored up their oil wealth in a Sovereign Wealth Fund (The World's biggest) for future tougher times, like now when oil is $50 a barrel instead of $100.

The locals are friendly and helpful enough and the place had a nice relaxed atmosphere about it. As with all the other Nordic Countries, they invariably speak excellent English. I like the calm and cool Nordic temperament too.

The only one bad part of my visits was the Telenor Arena, where both gigs took place. Not great acoustics and very poor ventilation. Norwegians are clever people and punch well above their weight in the World (just 5 million), but who on Earth approved this carbuncle of a Stadium? No infrastructure around it either - it's in a business park with no shops nearby.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 21, 2017 15:55

Alcohol is expensive in Norway because the government figured out that alcohol is killing people. If you drink 10 pints of beer per day then you will die may be ten years before the average. And before you die you will spend several years in hospital or at home with extra care (free) as an expense to the community. Healtcare is free in Norway so the politicians need to make sure we don't drink or take drugs too much.

Same with smoking. Tobacco and cigarettes are expensive. Today may be 15% in Norway are smoking, because it is very expensive, and socially less acceptable. When I was young 50% was smoking. Still I see on travel that smoking is much more common in other countries like France, Australia etc.

Some people in Norway want free speed free drugs and free drinking laws but so far they have regulations so that we don't spend all our money on not so healthy alternatives. I don't mind government control of being stupid. Others want to be able to act stupid on their own, but they don't realize others is betting the bill of their stupidity in a society where everything is basically paid for and taken care of by the social system.

Still, the best part of living in Norway is the fresh air and the lack of noise. To wake up in the morning at the sound of the blackbird and the nearby waterfalls is what makes it great to be back home after every tour. Even here at work, in the very center of Oslo, Barcode/Bjørvika, I can hear the blackbird. Nature is never far away here.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home