Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Jesus and Mary Chain
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 8, 2017 03:59

Okay so who's looking forward to their new album?(March 24) Can't say I know them well but the first two singles, amputation and always sad), have a good rock n' roll feel to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-08 04:02 by Maindefender.

Re: OT: The Jesus and Mary Chain
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 8, 2017 04:21

Did not know it, thanks! Another great band, Honey's Dead and Darklands albums are must-haves! And they do a very cool cover of Little Red Rooster, with that fuzzy guitar, it's pretty neat, but I think that was only on a b-side.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 8, 2017 10:31

Interested to hear what they come up with. Saw them a lot back in the day.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2017 12:25

JESUS & MARY CHAIN AS ROCK CRITICS

With a new album due March 23, The Jesus & Mary Chain's Jim Reid has spoken out to slam the state of modern guitar music. He argued in the time that they've been away, rock and guitar music has seen a sharp decline. "There's not much of guitar music left at the moment, I don't hear many guitar bands out there," frontman Jim Reid told the NME. "It's kinda pushed underground, guitar music seems to be limping at the moment. You can't tell the difference now between a pop act and a rock band, the production makes them almost identical." The new Jesus & Mary Chain album is called 'Damage & Joy'.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 8, 2017 13:51

I loved Darklands when it came out (still do), but everything else I know is rather disappointing, Psycho Candy most of all.

Posted by: Fernandobsas ()
Date: March 8, 2017 14:23

Like Darklands vary much, it is a must have album.

Saw them live once in the nineties and it was one of the worst concerts, was like a ball of noise during hour and a half.

Anyway "About you" is one of the greatest songs.

By Fernando

Date: March 8, 2017 14:37

Rockman

With a new album due March 23, The Jesus & Mary Chain's Jim Reid has spoken out to slam the state of modern guitar music. He argued in the time that they've been away, rock and guitar music has seen a sharp decline. "There's not much of guitar music left at the moment, I don't hear many guitar bands out there," frontman Jim Reid told the NME. "It's kinda pushed underground, guitar music seems to be limping at the moment. You can't tell the difference now between a pop act and a rock band, the production makes them almost identical." The new Jesus & Mary Chain album is called 'Damage & Joy'.

I can't remember much guitars in TJAMC-music either? This is the indie-pop band from the early 90s, right? Hm, better check them out again..

Date: March 8, 2017 16:18

[www.google.com]

This is the first single released last December. Pretty much hits the mark IMO

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2017 20:15

MOJO =--- April 2017

ROCKMAN

Date: March 8, 2017 21:45

Huge fan here.
One time I was riding on a train, and there was a very proper looking beautiful girl sitting there, all straight up, reading here book of poetry. She obviously was getting off from work; and she was all dressed up. She had some small headphones on, and was kind of in her own world.
I was trying to find a reason to talk to her, and motioned for her to take off headphones. I'm like "So what are you listening to?" ( expecting to then bowl her over with all my hardcore superior rock'n roll-ness). She just handed me the set, and it was this most ear splitting cacophony of feedback and fuzz symphony; at volume 11! My first introduction to "Psychocandy" LOL

Date: March 8, 2017 23:36

Hmmmm, finishing or rereleasing songs that have been kicking around for several years. Sound familiar??....grinning smiley

Date: March 9, 2017 02:11

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: March 9, 2017 05:46

DandelionPowderman
Rockman

I can't remember much guitars in TJAMC-music either? This is the indie-pop band from the early 90s, right? Hm, better check them out again..

Oh yeah - guitar and distortion - this is one band that kept guitars alive in the 80's
I feel like they followed the Velvets and in turn the Ravonettes and Black Rebel followed JMC

I like this one a lot:
[www.youtube.com]

and this is them being sweet:
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-09 05:50 by soundboard.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 9, 2017 06:40

Nope! The Jesus and Mary Chain aren't The Jesus and Mary Chain without Bobbie Gillespie!

winking smiley

.....sound familiar????? ...(just like the Rolling Stones aren't the Rolling Stones without___________).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home