Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Joey Kramer Disses Charlie and The Stones
Date: February 28, 2017 17:38

Had we been very concerned with how accomplished musicians are, the Stones wouldn't be nowhere near our favourite band.

Character indeed. And soul. That's what Charlie Watts has busloads of. And that's precisely what Joey Kramer lacks.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 28, 2017 17:41

hopkins
it's just stupid; the band was forming about the time of SF. When they were signed eoms was the latest stones album; never saw them but was a year in Boston when they were doing the biggest college wingdings before their deal. The look of course was total Stones, i mean overtly so...steve was basically doing Mick. kramer was probably praying for tickets in 75

Yep, saw them at B.U. West Campus, i think 70 or 71, they were a Stones
wannabe band. They still are.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 28, 2017 18:16

What did we used to call that band? Oh yeah, Arenashit. No subtlety or nuance in that band.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: February 28, 2017 18:17

I´ve never ever heard an Aerosmith-song in my life, so I don´t know nothing about Kramer´s drumming. Regarding Charlie - he´s the best drummer the Stones could wish for, but he is no virtuoso (never played a solo in his entire career) and I think his persona is more remarkable than his skills. Although he was there right from the beginning, he wouldn´t have been irreplaceable if he had left the band for one reason or another at some point of time. They carried on without Jones, Taylor, Wyman so they would have carried on also without Watts.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2017 18:18

latebloomer
timmyj3
Aerosmith just doesn't have the pedigree to even be commenting on the Stones especially Charlie Watts.

What he said.

Yes, Joey Kramer is an absolute MORON.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 28, 2017 18:41

HMS
I´ve never ever heard an Aerosmith-song in my life, so I don´t know nothing about Kramer´s drumming. Regarding Charlie - he´s the best drummer the Stones could wish for, but he is no virtuoso (never played a solo in his entire career) and I think his persona is more remarkable than his skills. Although he was there right from the beginning, he wouldn´t have been irreplaceable if he had left the band for one reason or another at some point of time. They carried on without Jones, Taylor, Wyman so they would have carried on also without Watts.
That's impossible to believe.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 28, 2017 18:43

I really like, admire and respect Aerosmith but Joey should keep his mouth shut. Without The Stones [who are still far superior to Aerosmith] it's likely Aerosmith would not exist anyway so he has a lot to be grateful for whether he likes them or not. Dumb move Joey, dumb move.thumbs down

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 28, 2017 18:50

LieB
Politics and egos aside, I think neither Charlie nor Joey are particularly accomplished drummers in a traditional musical sense. Charlie's drumming has more character than Joey's for sure, but none of them are any John Bonhams, Ginger Bakers. That said, I love lots of Charlie's drumming and I like some of Joey's stuff as well, especially on Toys and Rocks.

Well said nicely balanced response without being over biased towards the Stones. But I have to admit it was a strange rant by Joey. Would like to hear what set him off as seems odd to just come out of leftfield.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:06

keefriff99
HMS

Yeah, that's just bullshit. Why would he say something like that?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:12

oldschool
LieB
Politics and egos aside, I think neither Charlie nor Joey are particularly accomplished drummers in a traditional musical sense. Charlie's drumming has more character than Joey's for sure, but none of them are any John Bonhams, Ginger Bakers. That said, I love lots of Charlie's drumming and I like some of Joey's stuff as well, especially on Toys and Rocks.

Well said nicely balanced response without being over biased towards the Stones. But I have to admit it was a strange rant by Joey. Would like to hear what set him off as seems odd to just come out of leftfield.

Yeah, it's a bit strange and annoying. Apart from Steven Tyler acting crazy sometimes, I always thought the guys in Aerosmith were pretty down to earth and humble guys. But this thing reminds me of Jack Bruce criticising Led Zeppelin, or Ginger Baker dissing the Stones (except Charlie!), or Keith slamming Sgt Pepper, Roger Daltrey, Led Zep (everybody's favourite victim), Black Sabbath, Metallica, every rapper in existence, Adele, Rihanna and any number of other things. Grumpy old men talking crap in the media and it gets all blown out of proportion... A 12 year old kid is more open minded a lot of the time.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:18

the opinion expressed by Joey Kramer...I'm pretty sure Steven Tyler would not agree at all..

i would think Tyler is wishing Kramer would stfu..

anyway, it sounds really defensive and low-brow, and that, somehow, is in their music..

i never cared much for Aerosmith, anyway.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:35

That's funny. The LAST thing I think of when I think of Aerosmith is great drumming. I think he'd have a tough time cracking the Top 100 Drummers in Rock list. That saying I always appreciate a ballsey attitude. You go Joey !

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:39

wonderboy
keefriff99
HMS
I´ve never ever heard an Aerosmith-song in my life,

It´s true. I don´t even know their singer´s voice. I do not know one single Aerosmith-song, should I have ever heard one of their songs on the radio, in a pub or some other place I didn´t know it was Aerosmith. Of course I know they are around for a long time, i´ve seen pictures of that Jagger-look-alike, but never cared for them. None of the people I know (or knew) owns an Aerosmith-record. Never met a person who listens to Aerosmith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-28 19:49 by HMS.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:41

Either you love them or you don't but there is no disputing the fact that the Stones are the biggest band in the world.

Nate cool smiley

Posted by: witterings ()
Date: February 28, 2017 19:57

I don't care what a guy named Joey Kramer says. Who is he?

It`s nice to be here, .....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:00

so what-joey kramer doesn't give a crap about the stones or think they're that good.that doesn't make him a bad drummer or aerosmith a bad sounding band.

truth is they're really good ,i've seen them and the stones dozens of times and to be honest not every stones show was better than every aerosmith show,and please don't tell me that anyone here in 2017 actually thinks ronnie and keith are better guitar players than joe perry,that would be laughable.

i never understood this attitude that certain bands,usually bands from the 60's, can't be criticized ever.the beatles are the worst,they go from sounding like the monkees to the monkees on acid with an orchestra.if you tell someone that it's "how dare you insult the supreme beatles,they are the greatest thing that ever happened to music,or the earth" meanwhile i'm rolling my eyes..yeah rocky raccoon and oh blah dee da changed my life,i'm picturing my self on a boat..on a river.. right now.

and let's face it we all love charlie but we're not talking about ginger baker here..i think even he would say that.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:06

Okay lem, we'll all calm down.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:12

lem motlow
so what-joey kramer doesn't give a crap about the stones or think they're that good.that doesn't make him a bad drummer or aerosmith a bad sounding band.

truth is they're really good ,i've seen them and the stones dozens of times and to be honest not every stones show was better than every aerosmith show,and please don't tell me that anyone here in 2017 actually thinks ronnie and keith are better guitar players than joe perry,that would be laughable.

i never understood this attitude that certain bands,usually bands from the 60's, can't be criticized ever.the beatles are the worst,they go from sounding like the monkees to the monkees on acid with an orchestra.if you tell someone that it's "how dare you insult the supreme beatles,they are the greatest thing that ever happened to music,or the earth" meanwhile i'm rolling my eyes..yeah rocky raccoon and oh blah dee da changed my life,i'm picturing my self on a boat..on a river.. right now.

and let's face it we all love charlie but we're not talking about ginger baker here..i think even he would say that.

After seeing Joey's comments yesterday and watching the reaction here, I've been thinking many of the same things as posted above.

I'll add to it that, some of Joey's comments have been made by members of this board on this board regarding The Stones.

Also, as a side note, although Tyler will most likely never deny that he has learned much in the art of "front man showmanship" from Jagger, Aerosmith really never was a "Stones clone". That was made up by the media who saw a big mouthed vocalist and a drugged out guitarist. Aerosmith has far more musical similarities with the Yardbirds than they ever did with the Stones.

Another side note: I like 'em both. Joe Perry's solo band played in my high school gymnasium in 1983 and had me hooked. From there I got into Aerosmith. It wasn't until college that I go into the Stones who have, over the years become my favorite. I still like 'em both though.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:17

Ginger Baker always speaks very highly of Charlie as a musician

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:32

Surprising - Hard to decide where to begin the argument. I'll just say he's wayyyyy wrong.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:44

Of course, as a Stones fan I'm biased but I do like a lot of Aerosmith's music. However - and it's a big however - when it comes to playing live, Aerosmith can't touch the Stones. I just watched their fairly recent Donnington gig and for the most part it was just a load of noise; guitars so distorted there was so definition to what they were playing. Tyler's not much of a live singer either. And Kramer is not even in the same class as Watts..

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 28, 2017 20:59

It's all silliness. Joey Kramer doesn't need to be a Stones fan any more than Steve Jordan needs to kiss Bill Wyman's feet. Aerosmith have some very good songs and very good albums. Artists are competitive and that's all that's happening here. For Clapton's sake, look at the remarks Keith makes about other musicians or even his own bandmate. Joey Kramer's remark should be a non-issue except for Aerosmith fans excited to hear him say their favorite band is the best.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 28, 2017 21:05

Rocky Dijon
It's all silliness. Joey Kramer doesn't need to be a Stones fan any more than Steve Jordan needs to kiss Bill Wyman's feet. Aerosmith have some very good songs and very good albums. Artists are competitive and that's all that's happening here. For Clapton's sake, look at the remarks Keith makes about other musicians or even his own bandmate. Joey Kramer's remark should be a non-issue except for Aerosmith fans excited to hear him say their favorite band is the best.

Right on Rocky! The Razor Tongue Of Keith Richards: [www.nme.com]

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: February 28, 2017 21:15

Yeah Steve(Mick wannabe) and Joe always copying Mick & Keith at the mic, I could go on and on......................

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 28, 2017 21:27

latebloomer
Nobody disses Charlie!! angry smiley

Your right Latebloomer, If they disses Charlie they disses us.................so let us burn all Aerosmith records

Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: February 28, 2017 21:34

Sounds like a someone is very jealous.
Maybe it's just me.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 28, 2017 22:12

ouroux58
Who? Joey Cramé.

Joey Camé? Obviously the drug abuse of the 70's and 80's has left poor Joey with very few brain cells left...

Posted by: thatbird ()
Date: February 28, 2017 22:43

met AEROSMITH at a meet and greet years ago, guess who the dick was?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 28, 2017 23:02

Look and learn J. Kramer......You are just a fool and a shite drummer too.

video: [youtu.be]

Date: February 28, 2017 23:29

HMS
wonderboy
keefriff99
HMS
I´ve never ever heard an Aerosmith-song in my life,

It´s true. I don´t even know their singer´s voice. I do not know one single Aerosmith-song, should I have ever heard one of their songs on the radio, in a pub or some other place I didn´t know it was Aerosmith. Of course I know they are around for a long time, i´ve seen pictures of that Jagger-look-alike, but never cared for them. None of the people I know (or knew) owns an Aerosmith-record. Never met a person who listens to Aerosmith.

smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home