Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Mick in LA
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 27, 2017 00:10

Oh, I first thought this photo published by MisterDDDD was from the 90s. smiling smiley
Did not see that Mick-pose for quite some time. He of course looks great! Hope there will be a tour this year..

Mick in LA - February 25
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 27, 2017 00:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 00:23 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 27, 2017 00:11

delete/ sorry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 00:13 by 35love.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 27, 2017 00:33

jlowe
Stoneage
Either you use titles or you don't. If you do, do it correctly. So it's either Mick Jagger or Sir Michael (or Mick). Not Mr Jagger. That is simply wrong.

Presumably Brenda or Dame Brenda Jagger is out of the question, then?

Not at all! Either Brenda or Dame Brenda is correct. Not Mrs (or Ms) Jagger though...

Re: Mick- Academy Awards, Los Angeles February 26?
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 27, 2017 00:40

hopkins
"... The thing I noticed in L.A. in 1989 was that all of the musicians were hanging out with Keith in his private tent. Mick and Keith each had their own private tent. It was all musicians in Keith's tent and it was all the Hollywood people in Mick's tent. I'm not saying that was 100% absolute, but that's pretty much the way it broke down. So, I ran this photo of Mick in the book with Barbra Streisand, Meryl Streep and Michael Douglas. The thing is, Mick was trying to get into the whole Hollywood scene. He wanted to make movies, star in movies, produce movies and all that stuff. So, I think he was kind of courting the Hollywood elite, where Keith didn't care about impressing any of those people and he was just more about hanging out with musicians. I remember Tom Petty came to hang out with Keith, 'Lil Steven, Phil Spector, people like that, where Mick had Barbra Streisand."
Bill German

and yet here he was years later dressing up as a pirate in a goofy disney movie-ha ha ha ha

bill german has to have some sort of keithette royalty status by now.i liked his book but the guy was dumb as a box of rocks,even by the time he put the book out he still hadn't figured out why mick was so angry at him for saying the stones were "guilted " into playing live aid.

can you imagine this dopey fanboy was speaking to the press in some sort of capacity as an insider and he said the various stones played live aid because they were sort of pushed into it.un-fckng-believable.

"lil steven phil spector,people like that"...that was dipshits version of credibility.i think hanging with michael douglas was probably a little more cool than hanging with phil spector.

Mick in LA - February 25
Date: February 27, 2017 00:52

Larger - and clearer - version of the photo with Nicole Kidman in The New York Times:

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 27, 2017 00:55

Stoneage
Either you use titles or you don't. If you do, do it correctly. So it's either Mick Jagger or Sir Michael (or Mick). Not Mr Jagger. That is simply wrong.

Tell that to 'The New York Times'.
They frequently use the Mr/Mrs/Miss titles in their articles and reviews.
An item on Macca's current copyright battles with Sony refers to Mr McCartney throughout the text.
In the UK he would probably be referred to as McCartney.
Not sure how they address Adele...or Lady Gaga though.

Date: February 27, 2017 01:00

Looks like Mick's saying:
What's a matter which you, boy?

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: February 27, 2017 02:16

lem motlow
I remember Tom Petty came to hang out with Keith, 'Lil Steven, Phil Spector, people like that, where Mick had Barbra Streisand."
Bill German

"lil steven phil spector,people like that"...that was dipshits version of credibility.i think hanging with michael douglas was probably a little more cool than hanging with phil spector.

Debatable, but it certainly isn't cooler than hanging with Lil' Steven

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: February 27, 2017 02:18

Stoneage
So, Commander has still ambitions in the movie industry? I thought the results so far would have scared him off. Obviously not...

He killed with the James Brown movies.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 27, 2017 04:00

He looks like his dad now only with mire hair!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: February 27, 2017 05:24

lem motlow

can you imagine this dopey fanboy was speaking to the press in some sort of capacity as an insider and he said the various stones played live aid because they were sort of pushed into it.un-fckng-believable.

He wasn't an 'insider'. He was a young guy, yes a fan, trying to cover the band as a journalist.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 27, 2017 06:09

lem motlow
hopkins
"... The thing I noticed in L.A. in 1989 was that all of the musicians were hanging out with Keith in his private tent. Mick and Keith each had their own private tent. It was all musicians in Keith's tent and it was all the Hollywood people in Mick's tent. I'm not saying that was 100% absolute, but that's pretty much the way it broke down. So, I ran this photo of Mick in the book with Barbra Streisand, Meryl Streep and Michael Douglas. The thing is, Mick was trying to get into the whole Hollywood scene. He wanted to make movies, star in movies, produce movies and all that stuff. So, I think he was kind of courting the Hollywood elite, where Keith didn't care about impressing any of those people and he was just more about hanging out with musicians. I remember Tom Petty came to hang out with Keith, 'Lil Steven, Phil Spector, people like that, where Mick had Barbra Streisand."
Bill German

and yet here he was years later dressing up as a pirate in a goofy disney movie-ha ha ha ha

bill german has to have some sort of keithette royalty status by now.i liked his book but the guy was dumb as a box of rocks,even by the time he put the book out he still hadn't figured out why mick was so angry at him for saying the stones were "guilted " into playing live aid.

"Hilarious and sometimes heartbreaking." -- Rolling Stone magazine

"Memorable details from the [Stones'] inner sanctum." -- The New York Times

"[German's] proximity to the band makes this an essential Stones book, while his engaging writing style will appeal to non-fanatics as well." -- Newark Star-Ledger

"This book is absolutely great ... possibly the best book I've read about the Rolling Stones." -- Andrew Loog Oldham

"Impossible to put down ... filled with priceless, often laugh-out-loud anecdotes. Under Their Thumb is a cautionary tale, but a hugely entertaining one." -- Montreal Gazette

Welcome to Beggars Banquet Online.

Beggars Banquet was the official Rolling Stones newsletter for many years. It was founded in 1978 by a sixteen-year-old Stones fan in Brooklyn, New York. Bill German launched his "fanzine" from the mimeograph room of his high school.

When the Stones -- who were also living in New York -- learned of German's creation, they took him under their wing. They declared Beggars Banquet their official newsletter and advertised it in one of their albums. German was granted unrivaled access to the band and documented their every move. In the studio, in their homes, and on tour. He even wrote a book with guitarist Ron Wood, titled "The Works."

Although German folded Beggars Banquet in 1996, this web site looks back at its history. German's new book, Under Their Thumb (published by Random House/Villard), further details his unlikely journey with the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world.

[www.beggarsbanquetonline.com] (lots of pix)

[www.beggarsbanquetonline.com]

[www.sfgate.com]

closer than Schneider since they fired him; and for years after; a guest in thier homes and a friend. i wouldn't be so quick to slur and dismiss his credibility

[iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 07:00 by hopkins.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 27, 2017 06:45

Mick should have gone to the Oscars with Priyanka! OMG, I think she is the most beautiful woman in the world today. Her career is on fire also, and she is very smart.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 27, 2017 07:56

[www.beggarsbanquetonline.com]

[stonesplanetbrazil.com]

"The epic tale of an obsessive teenager who launched a Rolling Stones fanzine and spent the next two decades capturing the band’s whirlwind metamorphosis from behind the scenes….First-rate, firsthand account of the world’s greatest rock ’n’ roll band, and a disenchanted chronicle of its increasingly crass commercialization."
- Kirkus Reviews

As a teenager, Bill German knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life: chronicle the career and adventures of his favorite rock band, the Rolling Stones. And in 1978, on his sixteenth birthday, he set out to make his dream a reality. Feverishly typed in his Brooklyn bedroom, and surreptitiously printed in his high school’s mimeograph room German’s Stones-only newsletter, Beggars Banquet, was born. His teachers discouraged it, his parents dismissed it as a phase, and his disco-loving classmates preferred the Bee Gees, but, for German, this primitive, pre-Internet fanzine was a labor of love. And a fateful encounter with his idols on the streets of New York soon proved his efforts weren’t in vain.

Impressed with Beggars Banquet, the Stones gave the ’zine instant cred on the rock scene by singing its praises–and by inviting German to hang with the band. At first a fish out of water in the company of rock royalty, German found himself spilling orange juice on a priceless rug in Mick Jagger’s house and getting pegged as a narc by pals of Keith Richards and Ron Wood. But before long he became a familiar fixture in the inner sanctum, not just reporting Stones stories but living them. He was a player in the Mick-versus-Keith feud and was an eyewitness to Keith’s midlife crisis and Ron’s overindulgences. He even had a reluctant role in covering up Mick’s peccadilloes. “In the span of a few months,” German recalls, “I’d gone from wanting to know everything about my favorite rock stars to knowing too much.”

In this warts-and-all book, which includes many never-before-seen photographs, German takes us to the Stones’ homes, recording sessions, and concerts around the world. He charts the band’s rocky path from the unthinkable depths of a near breakup to the obscenely lucrative heights of their blockbuster tours. And ultimately, German reveals why his childhood dream come true became a passion he finally had to part with.

Under Their Thumb is an up-close and extremely personal dispatch from the amazing, exclusive world of the Rolling Stones, by someone who was lucky enough to live it–and sober enough to remember it all."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-27 08:15 by hopkins.

Re: Mick in LA - February 25
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 27, 2017 08:07

bye bye johnny
Larger - and clearer - version of the photo with Nicole Kidman in The New York Times:

Looks like the dude in the background has just been in the 'facilities' having a little Hoover

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: February 27, 2017 09:57

mtaylor
Stoneage
Fake news again? Seems to be all over the place...

Breitbart or Fox.... anyway enjoy this

Never get tired of listening to that!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Date: February 27, 2017 10:21

35love
Looks like Mick's saying:
What's a matter which you, boy?

LOL, yeah really. "Everybody up in the left, go "Whoo!"

Date: February 27, 2017 10:43

Will Mick do some recording in LA as well, perhaps?

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 27, 2017 10:49

Stoneage

Always thought that Mick Jagger was a man, but perhaps you have some informations.

Date: February 27, 2017 11:00

There is humour involved here...

Mick in LA - February 26
Date: February 27, 2017 13:54

With James at the Vanity Fair Oscars party:

Hannah Thompson

Date: February 27, 2017 13:57

With Lachlan Murdoch:

Justin Bishop

Date: February 27, 2017 14:02

With Georgia May and Elizabeth:

Mick in LA - February 26
Date: February 27, 2017 14:06

With Jerry Hall, Anjelica Huston and Kelly Lynch:

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 27, 2017 14:48

DandelionPowderman

I was thinking about that, too.

Date: February 27, 2017 15:13

Beautiful pics, truly!

Re: Mick in LA - February 26
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 27, 2017 15:21

bye bye johnny
With Jerry Hall, Anjelica Huston and Kelly Lynch:

Mick's face looks very odd in this one...swollen on one side. Just a bad shot?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 27, 2017 15:33

DandelionPowderman

He's there for work with his movie company Jagged films, the Stones are working on London for their new album, last time in late August/early September.
There's no studio work in March, that's sure so nothing will happen until April at least.

Sadly not everything Mick does is Stones related, actually 2-3 months a year is Stones related and 9-10 months is personal time or other things as movies.

Re: Mick in LA - February 26
Date: February 27, 2017 15:38

keefriff99
Mick's face looks very odd in this one...swollen on one side. Just a bad shot?

Clearly. Just look at the other photos.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home