Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: January 30, 2017 23:46

[alainelkanninterviews.com]

This was an interview from last year. I don't know if it has been posted or if there is already a thread for Anita topics.
She describes Keith as 'generous', says, 'he was a musician' and says he was the 'biological right man to be the father of my children.'

Re: Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2017 23:50

Yes it has been posted before but its well worth reading thru again ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 31, 2017 01:30

Nice interview though not very substantial. Many 'answers' go unchallenged and are quite contrary.
Also how can someone not be a 'cancer type person'?
Still, she has had an interesting life and its a pity that a more balanced biography (ie not just about Keith, Mick and drugs) hasn't been written. She may not want to co-operate of course.
Seems to imply the family still have the Jamaican pad.
Couldn't understand why Jane Fonda has had such 'a tragic life' either.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: January 31, 2017 01:45

Drugs- "Now it is finished, unless I get very sick and they prescribe me morphine, which they won’t!"

DAMN IT!!! I hate it too when that happens!!!.... errrr... doesn't happen.
grinning smiley

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: January 31, 2017 02:24

Things are lost in translation in that interview. The "Jamaican pad" is usually available to rent when Keith is not there. Currently renting at about $6,000 a night. Comes with a chef, butlers, five bee hives, fantastic view.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 28, 2017 22:42

I did not see that article, or this thread til now. Very interesting to read the timeline of Anita's post-Keith life. Nine years in Westchester and Long Island! What a lonely, horrible life that must have been, drinking and using drugs, after the life she had led. It sounds like Keith just warehoused his family there.

She was very social in London 10 or 15 years ago, but I haven't seen any accounts or pictures in quite awhile.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 28, 2017 23:12

Rockman
Yes it has been posted before but its well worth reading thru again ...

Click! thumbs up

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: May 28, 2017 23:47

may 4th 1967 Cannes ...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 29, 2017 00:39

Maybe Anita's referring to Jane Fonda's mother's suicide and her divorce from Tom Hayden. Anita read Jane's autobiography. I've met Anita several times. I wish I had asked her how well she knew Jane. I did ask Anita about "Degree of Murder", my favorite of Anita's movies. Brian Jones did the soundtrack.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-29 00:42 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 29, 2017 01:27

thomashanck
may 4th 1967 Cannes ...

[www.youtube.com]

Wow. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-29 01:40 by 35love.

Date: May 29, 2017 07:47

I like hearing from her in 2008, and why she won't write a 'tell all',
and taking care of her health:
[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: May 29, 2017 08:18

did she have a day job or was she just keiths bit of fluff.

Date: May 29, 2017 08:31

Anita was an accomplished actress. She gave up the job to be with Keith. She's well educated and she always designed fashions. I think it was her father who insisted she learn secretarial skills just in case. Today she will probably join the rest of the family who are already at Redlands for the celebration of Ella Richards' 21st birthday. Ella is Marlon's daughter.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-29 09:22 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 29, 2017 10:27

chatoyancy
Maybe Anita's referring to Jane Fonda's mother's suicide and her divorce from Tom Hayden. Anita read Jane's autobiography. I've met Anita several times. I wish I had asked her how well she knew Jane. I did ask Anita about "Degree of Murder", my favorite of Anita's movies. Brian Jones did the soundtrack.

Then please ask her about this
Anita's friend

Date: May 29, 2017 11:17

Redhotcarpet
chatoyancy

Then please ask her about this
Anita's friend

Apparently she has been asked but does not remember.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 29, 2017 13:27

chatoyancy
Anita was an accomplished actress. She gave up the job to be with Keith. She's well educated and she always designed fashions. I think it was her father who insisted she learn secretarial skills just in case. Today she will probably join the rest of the family who are already at Redlands for the celebration of Ella Richards' 21st birthday. Ella is Marlon's daughter.

Aah...might mean that Grandpa Keith is in the UK also, then?
If so perhaps he may find time to do more work on the new album.
'Live in hope/die in despair'

Date: May 29, 2017 13:44

chatoyancy

Strange that Brian was able to write a soundtrack for a film in 1967 but found it impossible to write rock songs for his band. His life and the future of the RS might have gone differently had he been able to do so.

Date: May 29, 2017 13:52

Bliss
chatoyancy

Strange that Brian was able to write a soundtrack for a film in 1967 but found it impossible to write rock songs for his band. His life and the future of the RS might have gone differently had he been able to do so.

I think making music for a film is more loose and less structured work than that of writing rock/pop-songs. In one way it could be more difficult, but in another it could be just recording sounds and make your inner visions / the story audible.

For a soul like Brian, I reckon making film music came more natural to him. I'm just guessing, though, although I have made film music once - using the improvisational on-the-spot approach to writing.

Date: May 29, 2017 15:41

Bliss
chatoyancy

Or had he not partied so much. Sorry- RIP respectfully with love, but drugs day after day after day- lots don't come out the other side okay. Cannot imagine LSD and those strong nasty pharma pills layered day after day. But for the Grace of God, and all that.

Date: May 29, 2017 16:55

35love
Bliss
chatoyancy

Or had he not partied so much. Sorry- RIP respectfully with love, but drugs day after day after day- lots don't come out the other side okay. Cannot imagine LSD and those strong nasty pharma pills layered day after day. But for the Grace of God, and all that.

I think in Brian's case the excessive drugs and alcohol and also the brutality to women were his way of coping with the frustration and despair of not being able to write and consequently losing control of his band. A vicious circle - the worse he felt, the more he drank and used drugs, and the more he drank and used drugs, the more his abilities deteriorated and the more he was marginalised, so the worse he felt. Certainly not an excuse, but an explanation..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-29 17:22 by Bliss.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 29, 2017 18:15

Bliss
35love
Bliss
chatoyancy

I think in Brian's case the excessive drugs and alcohol and also the brutality to women were his way of coping with the frustration and despair of not being able to write and consequently losing control of his band. A vicious circle - the worse he felt, the more he drank and used drugs, and the more he drank and used drugs, the more his abilities deteriorated and the more he was marginalised, so the worse he felt. Certainly not an excuse, but an explanation..

Those kinds of behaviors stem from deep-rooted psychological issues, not the inability to write pop songs. Had he survived, perhaps he would have gotten the help of a good therapist and been able to put his demons behind him. Sadly, we will never know.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 12, 2017 14:55

Bliss

Different kinds of disciplines, but it's Brian and I think it's more down to every single thing in Brian's life seemingly having an attached angst.

He obviously could and did 'write' music, but there's some kind of barrier in there which stopped it being a disciplined outlet. A barrier which stopped him being a song writer. He may have had no real interest in it. His last interview implies interest, but mostly due to the money that comes with song writing.

Paraphrasing - 'I want to make big money like Mick and Keith,'

According to the director of ADOM, there were even problems getting Brian to finish the soundtrack.

If song writing aspirations were truly a thing for Brian (I have my doubts), the problem for Brian and Bill was that there just happened to be a duo in the band that were tight friends and were willing to put the work in once the need for song writing entered the stones world. A duo which started writing hits soon in to their writing journey.

Imagine the scene, introducing your first song writing efforts to the rabble of stones and related people when the band has just recorded Satisfaction etc.

With his musicianship/arrangement skills, Brian helped make most of Mick and Keith's songs (as well as earlier cover versions) great to listen to! It's just tragic for the rest of us that this role, for what ever reason, wasn't enough for him.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 12, 2017 18:07

he lacked self control, and anger management, apparently.

that demon Keith talks about being in him (Keith) ?

if it was in Keith, imagine the degree to which in Brian...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2032
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home