Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Youtube ABKCO alternate song versions
Date: January 26, 2017 14:16

rootsman
Interesting!
I haven´t had time to listen to all of these yet...
Are there any more studio tracks apart from Mother´s Little Helper, 19th Nervous Breakdown and Sometimes Happy, Sometimes Blue (Dandilion)?

Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby (Standing In The Shadow)

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: January 26, 2017 14:27

DandelionPowderman
rootsman
Interesting!
I haven´t had time to listen to all of these yet...
Are there any more studio tracks apart from Mother´s Little Helper, 19th Nervous Breakdown and Sometimes Happy, Sometimes Blue (Dandilion)?

Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby (Standing In The Shadow)

Thanks!

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: January 26, 2017 14:28

This is gold, Jerry ! GOLD ! ! !

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 26, 2017 14:33

Seems we have been given untouched/no overdubs live UK 1966 recordings in amongst these. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-26 14:35 by His Majesty.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: January 26, 2017 14:34

On a quick listen, Sometimes Happy and Have You seen Your Mother are the same as available before on boots (?), while Mother´s Little Helper and 19th Nervous are new.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: January 26, 2017 16:33

His Majesty
Seems we have been given untouched/no overdubs live UK 1966 recordings in amongst these. cool smiley

Indeed... incredible to hear that!

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: January 26, 2017 17:50

Maybe a dumb question but can YouTube songs be downloaded?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 26, 2017 18:05

DrPete

Yes.

The easiest way is to type "10" after "www." and right before "youtube" on the video(s) you want to download, then press enter and you can download it in mp3 form.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 26, 2017 18:07

Or Google download youtube videos. There are a few ways.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 26, 2017 19:17

This is gold, Jerry ! GOLD ! ! !

kenny, is that you?!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 26, 2017 20:38

A goldmine at first glance, but rather a mixed bag at second look. Still have to listen closer to all 30 tracks, but sampling them already reveals that there's a lot of live tracks among them that are not truly sensational, like well-known RSG stuff (live vocals to studio backing tracks), Ed Sullivan and the like.

The Keith vocal-intro MLH is a true gem - not available on boots before, but in close-circuit die-hard collector's circles.

If that's all that ABKCO has for 1966, it's a bit disappointing, but it's also possible that they just used those tracks that they're aware of being leaked to the "public" at some point in the past.

It remains to be seen if "releasing" stuff for free on YouTube really helps in copyright prolongation terms.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 27, 2017 00:19

GasLightStreet
NICOS
I think he meant this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are that demo's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[www.youtube.com]

Not demos. Studio recordings with early vocals.

Aren't demo's studio recordings in a different version..........................

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: January 27, 2017 00:42

Hi all,

Glad you like (some of) these, sorry, couldn't work out how to post the links, I was wondering who introduced Mother's Little Helper (didn't recognise Keith's voice)

It would be nice if a few more versions 'surfaced' - love these alternate/outtake versions

Date: January 27, 2017 00:45

NICOS
GasLightStreet
NICOS

[www.youtube.com]

Aren't demo's studio recordings in a different version..........................

Mostly, demos are recordings the artists know they won't use for the album. Merely a documentation to avoid forgetting the tune or to listen to, to get ideas for what to do on the next recording.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 27, 2017 01:01

NICOS
And this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19th Nervous Breakdown

[www.youtube.com]

After a million years of hearing that song the same way, I now find myself singing Mick's change in emphasis: "You better...STOP!"

I can dig it!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 27, 2017 01:28

DandelionPowderman
NICOS
GasLightStreet
NICOS

[www.youtube.com]

Mostly, demos are recordings the artists know they won't use for the album. Merely a documentation to avoid forgetting the tune or to listen to, to get ideas for what to do on the next recording.

Yes that's what I try to explain............write a song play it a dozen times (demo's and try outs) and choose the best...........mostly they choose one of the last recordings....................

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 27, 2017 02:11

His Majesty

I haven't listened to all of them, nor have I seen a list, but which ones?

Date: January 27, 2017 08:40

tomk
His Majesty

I haven't listened to all of them, nor have I seen a list, but which ones?

Check out Deltics' link in this thread.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 27, 2017 13:33

thank you

Date: January 27, 2017 13:53

NICOS
DandelionPowderman
NICOS
GasLightStreet
NICOS

[www.youtube.com]

Yes that's what I try to explain............write a song play it a dozen times (demo's and try outs) and choose the best...........mostly they choose one of the last recordings....................

what you are describing are different takes. a demo is usually recorded on the fly without having everything together just to get the idea down and revisit it later. I'm not sure the stones have ever officially released a demo and most of these just sound like alternate takes after keith or mick had already made a rough demo to show the rest of the guys so they could learn the song.

Date: January 27, 2017 13:55

This live version of Satisfaction is easily my new favourite. What a powerhouse! thumbs up

Date: January 27, 2017 15:35

"Im Alright" or "She Said yeah" e.g. - the legacy of the Stones was built on those very early day live performances. Pretty incredible; they were literally inaudible.

Date: January 27, 2017 15:38

Palace Revolution 2000
"Im Alright" or "She Said yeah" e.g. - the legacy of the Stones was built on those very early day live performances. Pretty incredible; they were literally inaudible.

Do you think ABKCO has distorted some of these live recordings, to avoid bootlegging?

Date: January 27, 2017 16:02

NICOS
DandelionPowderman
NICOS
GasLightStreet
NICOS

[www.youtube.com]

Keith's Sometimes Happy, Sometimes Blue is a demo. He recorded it, to work on it later.

Mother's Little Helper, for instance, has the backing track that wound up on the album (hence not a demo).

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 27, 2017 16:07

Cristiano Radtke
DrPete

Yes.

The easiest way is to type "10" after "www." and right before "youtube" on the video(s) you want to download, then press enter and you can download it in mp3 form.

Hi Cristiano - what is the safest You Tube (video) downloader? I don't want a whole load of bugs and malware.

Date: January 27, 2017 16:13

Brian's sound here is so heavy!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 27, 2017 16:41

NICOS
GasLightStreet
NICOS

[www.youtube.com]

No. Demos are the song in its writing process, the capturing of the idea, done in some kind of studio or room, before recording the album in a recording studio. Studio recordings are... studio recordings. A demo is an idea, whether it's just a melody (humming, for example) or just the chorus over and over or whatever, whereas a studio recording is making the idea flush out.

Here is an example:

The Cult - Northern Man
[www.youtube.com]

That is the demo for what became... The Witch
[www.youtube.com]

Some other demos...

Mean Mr Mustard
[www.youtube.com]

Because
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 27, 2017 16:55

Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
DrPete

Yes.

Hi Cristiano - what is the safest You Tube (video) downloader? I don't want a whole load of bugs and malware.

I always convert YouTube videos to MP3 files using using that trick I wrote above without any trouble. You can also try YouTubeMP3 or OnLineVideoConverter.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 27, 2017 16:58

Cristiano Radtke
Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
DrPete

Yes.

I always convert YouTube videos to MP3 files using using that trick I wrote above without any trouble. You can also try YouTubeMP3 or OnLineVideoConverter.
[www.youtube.com]

Cheers man. thumbs up

Date: January 27, 2017 17:01

Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
DrPete

Yes.

[www.youtube.com]

Cheers man. thumbs up

smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home