Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ROLLING STONE.com Gives 'A Bigger Bang' ****1/2 Stars
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: September 4, 2005 08:25

Writer Alan Light gives 'A Bigger Bang' four-and-a-half stars on RollingStone.com, which I assume is the same review that will be in the next print edition.

I was really sure it would get five stars!

(Lord, help us...'Goddess in the Doorway,' according to ROLLING STONE was a five-star album, Kanye West's new album is a five-star album, and 'A Bigger Bang' is a four-and-a-half star album?

Bye-bye, credibility).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-09-04 08:27 by Jack Knife.

Re: ROLLING STONE.com Gives 'A Bigger Bang' ****1/2 Stars
Posted by: gut ()
Date: September 4, 2005 08:54

+++Bye-bye, credibility+++

Amen! Who gave it only 4 and a half....a younger critic or an old guy like DeCurtis?

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 4, 2005 12:55

It's actually a good review by Rolling Stone Funny thing is that the reviewer missed the mark of Dangerous Beauty, as it's about Lindsey England and not about SM. Also, Look What The Cat Dragged Is is one of the best tracks of the album in my opinion, and the reviewer suggests it could have left of the album.

Mathijs

Posted by: drake ()
Date: September 4, 2005 16:02

LWTCDI isnt very good at all. I'd almost rather have Dont Stop in its place! lol

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 4, 2005 16:14

Actually, I find Look WTCDI the best track of the album. On this track the energy and danger of the late 70's is back again. The guitar work is great, the groove is excellent, the lyrics are great. It's truly a rework of Undercover with a hint of Too Much Blood!

Mathijs

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 4, 2005 16:26

Could someone please post a link to the review? When I go to Rollingstone.com I seem to get an older version without the review.

Thanks!

Ross

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: September 4, 2005 16:34

Here's the links:
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: pafult01 ()
Date: September 4, 2005 19:00

Good review overall, pretty accurate. You're right, Mathijs, he did miss the whole point of Dangerous Beauty. I didn't figure that out myself until the fourth or fifth listen. And he didn't like Look What The Cat Dragged In, which I love. Everyone agrees the album should be shorter, but no one agrees what to take off. Some people even seem to like Streets of Love (puke!)

As to Goddess In the Doorway getting five stars ... I am convinced that somewhere Mick Jagger has very compromising pictures of Jann Werner. How else can you explain that review. Man, that album sucked!

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: September 4, 2005 19:10

Wait a minute - someone still thinks Rolling Stone mag has any music cred? Sort of like believing the "Rock and Roll" Hall of Fame reflects true music contributions.

Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: September 4, 2005 19:39

www.allmusic.com has given it 4stars out of 5!

Posted by: KillRill ()
Date: September 4, 2005 20:27

and SUN gave **
should we care what all that jerks think?

Posted by: G. the Cock ()
Date: September 4, 2005 22:47

Rolling Stone Germany printed a good review, as if they really like it, but gave *** - weird!

Truth is stranger than fiction

stoned greetings
G. The Cock

Posted by: Dobril ()
Date: September 5, 2005 00:06

Well, I don`t think that Stone`s fens are influenced by the jerk`s evaluations. They are intelligent people, aren`t they.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: September 5, 2005 01:31

the reviews are done but different writers.what the heck is wrong with 4 ang a half.

john scialfa

Date: September 5, 2005 15:39

Me personally, I don`t care about any reviews of so called journalists. Not about their concerts and not about their records. While writing, they know they are doing it about the most legendary rock-group ever. If they write too positive, they asume that they are boaring for their readers. So to be seemingly subjective they always emphasis on the less negative aspects they can find. I followed that about the last 30 years...always the same strategy.

The question for me is simply if I like a concert and if I like the record. According to the Stones I have always done; very few critics only (f.e. I will never understand the big mistake in mixing up "rocks off" on the live licks album; this mistake was really professional-like)....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home