Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Keith on Sheryl Crow album "Threads", out August 30
Date: September 5, 2019 19:07

lem motlow
DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
DandelionPowderman
lem motlow
There are early versions of The Worst with Mick singing with Keith,I have them on my Voodoo outtakes but Don Was somehow completely missed the mark and used a later version with Keiths voice doubled.
I can see his point, why would you want a Jagger/ Richards duet on a country song on a Stones album.
Remember when I had that “fire Don Was” thread awhile back?

Er, Mick is singing with Keith on the album version...

From timeisonourside.com:

"
That's very country, isn't it? Keith sings so pretty on that. I do his backgrounds, and it sounds so Okie. When I listened back to it, I said, Is that really me singing? It's really strange".

- Mick Jagger, 1994

Wow you’re right I listened really close and buried in about 10 overdubs I could hear Mick,Great job Don , I mean it was like another Country Honk.Well If Country Honk was being remade by a Stones cover band with a hack producer.

Aren't there only two voices on the bridges, Keith's and Mick's?

Yes but it sounds like they layered it for some reason,I can’t be sure but it’s a horrible recording.someone said earlier they thought it was all Keith and I even had to look at the cd cover after you said it was also Mick to make sure.
I have about five different outtakes and they’re all better than Voodoo.
Just the brickwalling alone screws it up,all the subtleties of the song are taken away for instance the fiddle is grating because it’s too damn loud.
They need to get rid of everyone involved in Voodoo and Bigger Bang or we’ll never see another great record.

I remembered the interview. That's why I was sure Mick was in there. In the interview, even Mick couldn't recognise his voice. So you're not far off here smiling smiley

Re: Keith on upcoming Sheryl Crow album "Be Myself"
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: September 6, 2019 18:52

Rip This
audun-eg
GasLightStreet
Socrates1
I could never really hear Mick's backing vocal on VL's The Worst. I did like the youtube version with Keith and his country friends. That was a tremendously great version. Interesting the song is being reworked again with Sheryl Crow for an official album release. I'm buying.

:42 seconda in. This version may help you focus on listening. Mick is quite audible.

[www.youtube.com]

Any earlier working version with Keith singing harmony where Mick does.

[www.youtube.com]
No way that’s Mick. It’s Keef singing the harmony himself. You can hear it even more clearly in the harmony parts later in the song.
Keith also on the earlier version of course. Clearly he wasn’t completely happy with that, so he did another (or more) takes to get it perfect. My guess is Mick wasn’t even present when Keith recorded The Worst.

Dude. That’s Mick on vocals backing him up. The harmony is clear. 2 voices.

And now you've convinced me. It is Mick, but he sure made an effort to sound like Keith! smoking smiley Sorry about beeing assertive.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 10, 2019 23:54

Sheryl Crow and Jason Isbell - "Everything Is Broken"

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: September 11, 2019 03:49

This is a great album, really enjoying it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home