Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Will Stones storm the US this year before Europe
Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: January 4, 2017 03:06

LSTNT
MisterDDDD
bv
The tour will be announced on April 1st. A bunch of shows in NA. Mick will move to NYC with Charlie and Ronnie, to be closer to their new territory, also closer to Keith, and everything will be a blast. I am waiting for my green card to go through. Happy new year!

If NA is where you're seeking green card status, may want to consider Canada... The US is more than a little "unstable" at the moment... cool smiley

Yes but that will all change on January 20th. The instability of the past 8 years will be over.cool smiley

Instability...What world are you living In ???
Since 2008 The Stones held the whole thing together fairly well here in the U.S and around the globe !!!...Lets hope the next 8 Years can at least match it.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 4, 2017 03:41

mariano
Hi Nate,
Gimme some tips to travel staying in hostels ..

Thank you in advance

Where are you planning to visit?

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 4, 2017 04:07

8 or 10 shows ..... in europe

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 4, 2017 06:39

Charlie wasn't sounding or looking too well during those Blue and Lonesome interviews, I am actually feeling concerned about his health.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 4, 2017 08:53

Nate
latebloomer
I'd love to see them in Europe, it would be much more fun than another US city. Just not sure I can get my broke American ass over there. Sigh.

Have you been to Europe before?
If not I would suggest trying to make it if you put your mind to it you can do it.

You can get some great deals on flights and if you don't mind staying in hostels then it can be a not so expensive trip.
Europe has some great hostels nice and clean with a great atmosphere.

Let me know if you need any tips on places to stay around Europe I have stayed at many cheap but great places in major cities around Europe.

Nate thumbs up

yeah...I think you've got yourself a dealbreaker there.

Date: January 4, 2017 11:42

The Sicilian
Charlie wasn't sounding or looking too well during those Blue and Lonesome interviews, I am actually feeling concerned about his health.

His playing was fine, though smiling smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 4, 2017 12:26

DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian

Gotta give the guy a break and some credit too. How old is he now, 75? I'm sure all the craziness gets tiring.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 4, 2017 14:44

The Sicilian
Charlie wasn't sounding or looking too well during those Blue and Lonesome interviews,

Mix "Cholie Watts" and interviews" or "public appearances" and you'll get the picture of a man unwell stressed and eager to be elsewhere. winking smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 4, 2017 15:28

dcba
The Sicilian
Charlie wasn't sounding or looking too well during those Blue and Lonesome interviews,

Mix "Cholie Watts" and interviews" or "public appearances" and you'll get the picture of a man unwell stressed and eager to be elsewhere. winking smiley
I think he looked and sounded just fine.

His mouth has an odd, stretched shape to it now...maybe it was a side-effect of his cancer treatment, but c'mon...the man is 75 and HATES interviews and publicity.

He always has...hell, I've seen him act colder and more uncomfortable towards interviewers 22 years ago. Plus it's confirmed he has back pain...maybe sitting too long is uncomfortable for him. We just don't know.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 4, 2017 15:32

treaclefingers
Nate
latebloomer
I'd love to see them in Europe, it would be much more fun than another US city. Just not sure I can get my broke American ass over there. Sigh.

If not I would suggest trying to make it if you put your mind to it you can do it.

You can get some great deals on flights and if you don't mind staying in hostels then it can be a not so expensive trip.

Let me know if you need any tips on places to stay around Europe I have stayed at many cheap but great places in major cities around Europe.

Nate thumbs up

Hmph. I'll have you know Treacles, that I have stayed at The Holiday Inn many times, so there.

Thanks for the offer of help Nate, may take you up on it. smiling smiley

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: January 4, 2017 23:15

The Sicilian

He's fine as usual. Most of the B&L interviews were taped back in November while the band were in the States for the New York Exhibitionism opening.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 5, 2017 06:40

HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian

Gotta give the guy a break and some credit too. How old is he now, 75? I'm sure all the craziness gets tiring.

I'm not critiquing his lifestyle, I'm talking about Charlie the person. Kind of like when you look at your parents as they age. You can tell when someone is not right or slowing down.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: January 5, 2017 12:23

The Sicilian
HonkeyTonkFlash
DandelionPowderman
The Sicilian

I'm not critiquing his lifestyle, I'm talking about Charlie the person. Kind of like when you look at your parents as they age. You can tell when someone is not right or slowing down.

Given his age, I'm sure he is slowing down. Hopefully that doesn't mean he's in poor health.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 5, 2017 13:02

There is something called real age, and there is something called physical age. You may add or subtract 10-20 years on your physical age in many ways. Mick Jagger is an example of how you may reduce your physical age a lot by a healthy diet and being fit. Physically he is in the 50's even if he is really in the 70's. As for the rest of the band, I see they do their best. Still - time waits for no one. Don't expect them to tour like they did 10-20 years ago.

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 5, 2017 17:38

latebloomer
treaclefingers
Nate
latebloomer

Nate thumbs up

Hmph. I'll have you know Treacles, that I have stayed at The Holiday Inn many times, so there.

no need to throw your history of luxury accommodations in our face latebloomer...tho' I'm sure your holiday inn's all had separate rooms without bunk beds and in-room restrooms, not ones down the hallway, first door on the left.

Date: January 5, 2017 17:51

«in-room restrooms», is that the same as toilets in the hall?

I guess it's good to rest anywhere...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 5, 2017 18:15

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
Nate
latebloomer

Nate thumbs up

no need to throw your history of luxury accommodations in our face latebloomer...tho' I'm sure your holiday inn's all had separate rooms without bunk beds and in-room restrooms, not ones down the hallway, first door on the left.

Guess I shoulda used an emoticon there, Treacles.grinning smiley Though I can be high maintenance, I have used hostels before and would be more than happy to stay in one again. smileys with beer

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 5, 2017 19:08

My wish list to see the Stones would be Berlin(in Olympic Stadium and The Olympic arena (I know it is called something else)London(Wembley and or O2) .Maybe Paris or Athens (probably when the Pink Floyd pig takes flight again )(for the Stones to ever play Greece again , I am not holding my breathe on that one )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-05 19:12 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 5, 2017 19:22

BV
Mick Jagger is an example of how you may reduce your physical age a lot by a healthy diet and being fit. Physically he is in the 50's even if he is really in the 70's

I would not necessarily agree with that. As you said, ageing is a real thing. Sir Michael may be very fit for his age but he's certainly not 53 anymore.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 5, 2017 21:18

Stoneage
BV
Mick Jagger is an example of how you may reduce your physical age a lot by a healthy diet and being fit. Physically he is in the 50's even if he is really in the 70's

I would not necessarily agree with that. As you said, ageing is a real thing. Sir Michael may be very fit for his age but he's certainly not 53 anymore.
I don't agree with you. I think if you see him perform from the distance he looks like a 20 year old man. Only if you see his face and skin closer he looks like in his 50s.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 5, 2017 21:25

StonedRambler
Stoneage
BV

I don't agree with you. I think if you see him perform from the distance he looks like a 20 year old man. Only if you see his face and skin closer he looks like in his 50s.

...wishful thinking!

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 22:20

StonedRambler
Stoneage
BV

If you see him closer he looks his real age, 73. And without make-up, early in the morning at wake-up, surely more. Don't forget the life he lived.
Why do you want to make it younger than his age. I agree that physically he is in very good shape.
I you want an example of a guy looking younger, there is Robert Marchand, 105 years old and who ride 22 kilometers an hour.

Date: January 5, 2017 22:56

ouroux58
StonedRambler
Stoneage
BV

If you see him closer he looks his real age, 73. And without make-up, early in the morning at wake-up, surely more. Don't forget the life he lived.
Why do you want to make it younger than his age. I agree that physically he is in very good shape.
I you want an example of a guy looking younger, there is Robert Marchand, 105 years old and who ride 22 kilometers an hour.
People with low body fat often have a gaunt, sunken-cheek look as they age due to the lack of facial fatty tissue and collagen breakdown.

And let's not forget that Mick wasn't always Mr. Clean Living. He's indulged enough in the past to where it shows up on his face.

Date: January 5, 2017 22:58

ouroux58
StonedRambler
Stoneage
BV

Wow, what the hell...I just read up on this guy, Marchand. Remarkable story!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 5, 2017 23:29

If you took away Mick's hair dye (and according to some his wig and/or hair transplants) he would easily look his age.
Even with all of the artificial stuff, the lines on his face speak volumes.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 5, 2017 23:40

Hairball
If you took away Mick's hair dye (and according to some his wig and/or hair transplants) he would easily look his age.
Even with all of the artificial stuff, the lines on his face speak volumes.

More Mick love.
Get a room cool smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 5, 2017 23:45

OMG do I need to embarrass myself further about MJ?
All you people talking smack.
And who's seen him first thing in the morning?! ;-)
Ha ha,
everything is right w/ the world
the RS's are still going...
smileys with beer

Date: January 6, 2017 00:10

I was at the Mercy Lounge in Nashville at the Bobby Keys benefit concert.

I was just a few feet from where the Rolling Stones were seated.

Mick was by far the oldest looking in the face out of all of them.

I was less than 15 feet away from him.

It may have been the lighting. Not sure. But he look every bit his age in his face.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 6, 2017 00:23

For the record, in case there is a record, and hopefully it's private
I would meet MJ at the room. In the 'get a room'
okay?
Enough.
Say what you want, that man is the sun king.
xoxo

Date: January 6, 2017 00:23

Mick's moves make him look very young, though.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home