Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: IORR quoting policy
Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 20:49

I'm probably just being mean.

Date: December 17, 2016 20:55

I like what Socrates said; basically that we take a bit more responsibility for our own post, 'clean up after ourselves'.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 17, 2016 21:01

The way I see it is that we'll have some more work to do if we want to quote a post correctly. We were used to do that on the easy way and perhaps we'll see less quote trees from now on.

Date: December 17, 2016 21:03

DandelionPowderman

The dialogues and discussions will suffer because of this. For a conversation between two posters, it will be fine (like it was already, btw).

I really don't get this, but let's make the best out of it.

ShortFatFanny

Maybe discussions are not longer welcome...
I don't know.
DandelionPowderman

Now it's right... I think..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 21:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: December 17, 2016 21:04

I'm containing myself to making only two posts in a row now, when necessary, and that's the maximum....

Date: December 17, 2016 21:09

It was NOT easy editing this with my phone, with which I do most of my posting.

OK, point proved. Won't bother quoting much from now on...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 17, 2016 21:18

Maybe the quote facility should just be done away with altogether. It's more trouble than it's worth, the way it is now.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 17, 2016 21:22

perhaps we'll see less quote trees from now on.

perhaps will see less of everything...

Maybe the quote facility should just be done away with altogether. It's more trouble than it's worth, the way it is now.

agreed... and done away with on my part.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 17, 2016 21:30

Myself I'd better abstain from posting here.

I ought to post in my own language on a forum for Strømsgodset, the club from which Martin Ødegaard was sold to Real Madrid.

Edit: A misprint.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-18 02:16 by Witness.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 17, 2016 21:31

Next time I will copy and paste the post that I want to QUOTE...............or start a new thread.

Date: December 17, 2016 22:02

I do/have noticed one wise man (who has posted here longer and more often than most people) never used the quote box method much... so maybe doing the [ i ] [ b ] method is fine... good enough.

I think the best thing (the thing I will miss most) about the old quote box was by doing a quick name search I could see if someone read and quote replied to one of my posts and (if I like them and/or they were not being a jerkwad) I could politely and happily acknowledge their reply to me. That was fun smiling smiley But now... I dont know. Oh well.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 17, 2016 22:14

HankM
Re: IORR quoting policy new
December 17, 2016 22:02 Date Registered: ***1 year ***ago
I do/have noticed one wise man (who has posted here longer and more often than most people) never used the quote box method much... so maybe doing the [ i ] [ b ] method is fine... good enough.

I think the best thing (the thing I will miss most) about the old quote box was by doing a quick name search I could see if someone read and quote replied to one of my posts and (if I like them and/or they were not being a jerkwad) I could politely and happily acknowledge their reply to me. That was fun smiling smiley But now... I dont know. Oh well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by NICOS on HankM post on December 17, 2016 22:02 who is registered 1 year ago and has 567 Post

Maybe I should forget this whole Q think and just play Oh well part One and Two.................

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 18, 2016 05:25

The change is either a glitch, or one of the top 10 worst, most silly, ill-considered, or hostile user experience design degradations I've seen in my career. Clearly, it's averse to and incompatible with dialogue and interchange that builds on or contrasts with others' thoughts, contributions, opinions, and perspectives.

If there were a perceived problem (other than that presumably arising from someone's caviling, with an inordinate degree of influence, who's intolerant of conversation or, god forbid, the dread act of scrolling)--that people were quoting carelessly or indiscriminately--it's unfortunate that issue wasn't broached to raise awareness in posters and allow the opportunity for altering the "offending" quoting behavior.

Again, I have faith this is simply a glitch waiting to be fixed, rather than some kind of bizarre Draconian punitive measure.

And I suppose, now, seeing other posters, this is the portion of my post wherein I'm supposed to backpedal, and exclaim brightly: Or I could be completely wrong and misguided about everything I've said, and didn't really mean it, and this is super neat! Let's sing a sing in 4 part-harmony (oops--we can't do that), let's sing in 1-part harmony about how grateful and unworthy we are for the gift og such an improved experience. And let's rise up and decrying the scourge that once was the pernicious "quote tree" -- GASP!!

really...eye rolling smiley

Date: December 18, 2016 06:58

I am willing to try to do a 4-part part harmony, if it means we can turn back time, if we make things the way they used to be, I will get down on my knee, sing to theeeeeeee... Do ya wanna build a snowman?

I sing so good, like this... or like... [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 18, 2016 10:26

Four pages and more than 100 posts about quotes. I just found out that a minor forum upgrade recently added a new quoting option. I changed it now. May be it looks better?

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 18, 2016 10:29

bv
Four pages and more than 100 posts about quotes. I just found out that a minor forum upgrade recently added a new quoting option. I changed it now. May be it looks better?

Just for your info...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 18, 2016 10:44

bv
bv

Just for your info...

It certainly does! Thank you!

Date: December 18, 2016 11:16

Green Lady
bv
bv

Just for your info...

Does this work?

smiling smiley Yes it does!

Thank you very much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-18 19:31 by HankM.

Date: December 18, 2016 11:18

note to self- even back to working, I need to limit quoting too much and/or do the [ b ] [ i ] method more often.

Date: December 18, 2016 11:52

Green Lady
bv
bv

Just for your info...

It works again smiling smiley

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 18, 2016 12:06

Also I notice that it really does. I am pleased. Myself not using the quote facility on this occasion, when there is no need for me to do so. Added: Because the posts preceding mine effectively showed the advantageous change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-18 12:12 by Witness.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 18, 2016 12:12

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
bv
bv

Just for your info...

Wahooo!! Thanks, BV -- Merry Christmas! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 18, 2016 13:01

BV , you the Big Daddy.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 18, 2016 13:14

bv

You heard it here first folks! [iorr.org]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 18, 2016 13:14

Thank you Bjornulf, and Merry Christmas!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-19 12:58 by latebloomer.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 18, 2016 13:40

bv

Yes it does...thank you very much.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 18, 2016 14:15

swiss
DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
bv
bv

Just for your info...

Wahooo!! Thanks, BV -- Merry Christmas! smiling bouncing smiley

Much, much better............maybe we should make the biggest quote tree in the history of iorr in celebration...........grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 18, 2016 14:51

EddieByword

Just for your info...

Wahooo!! Thanks, BV -- Merry Christmas!

Much, much better............maybe we should make the biggest quote tree in the history of iorr in celebration...........grinning smiley

Yay!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 18, 2016 14:53

Just kidding... cool smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 18, 2016 14:58

MisterDDDD
Just kidding... cool smiley

ahhh good one, you had me there.......>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home