Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...675676677678679680681682683684685...LastNext
Current Page: 680 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 29, 2023 23:18

Hopefully Sasha will be included on the new slbum - maybe even a solo spotlight!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2023 23:49

GerardHennessy
With respect I sense a degree of annoyance with my enquiry Rocky. Not necessary my friend. I meant no disrespect by it. My enquiry was perfectly reasonable.

No annoyance at all and I didn't think the question was disrespectful. My response was meant to convey that short of stolen or hacked documents, there is no "proof" until it is an official announcement from the label. I do believe Soldatti that November is the intended date, but it's not official. I'm not convinced (and frankly hopeful) that it isn't packed with guests, but that's just personal preference.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: June 30, 2023 02:51

Rocky Dijon
GerardHennessy
With respect I sense a degree of annoyance with my enquiry Rocky. Not necessary my friend. I meant no disrespect by it. My enquiry was perfectly reasonable.

No annoyance at all and I didn't think the question was disrespectful. My response was meant to convey that short of stolen or hacked documents, there is no "proof" until it is an official announcement from the label. I do believe Soldatti that November is the intended date, but it's not official. I'm not convinced (and frankly hopeful) that it isn't packed with guests, but that's just personal preference.

Forgive me please! I'm obviously losing what is left of my brain in my old age. You are entirely correct of course. Absolute proof either way is virtually impossible to find. We are left with a combination of best guesses, hunches, and fragments of information from trusted sources. But I guess no-one, apart from the band themselves, know anything for sure.

Your point about guests is entirely aligned with my own. Frankly the thought of a guest-packed album, where The Stones will look like a support act, or backing band, to a bunch of other people horrifies me. The practice is vastly over-used nowadays by so many acts. And it always suggests, at least to me, that the main performer feels they need a 'leg-up' from others to make the album more appealing. The Stones don't need anyone else to prop them up. They are more than capable of carrying an album all on their own.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 30, 2023 06:52

Justjon
This is the statement from the official website stating that "To celebrate Mick Jagger’s 80th birthday, Forty Licks will release digitally on 26 July followed by the physical release on 28 July".
[therollingstonesshop.com]

Oh my mistake. I only saw the 28th in the email I got.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 30, 2023 07:08

Hairball
Hopefully Sasha will be included on the new slbum - maybe even a solo spotlight!

No, it's gonna be a duet with Keith on that remake of "Happy".

Date: June 30, 2023 07:16

Hairball

Good Lord seriously!?! I definitely hope NOT!! And with Chanel having recorded with them I’m hoping she takes Sasha’s spot live!!! It’s be great if Lisa sang on at least one of the songs if it’s to be a tribute to Charlie.

Date: June 30, 2023 07:29

MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards
Does anyone else tire of all this BS concerning the release date of alleged studio album.
No, not at all. It's what keeps me coming back for more, in anticipation of an actual announcement, and a release.

You'll miss the BS when they're gone.

I’ve been missing BS since 2021!!!

Date: June 30, 2023 07:30

BFR
drewmaster
AntoineParis

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Google translation into English -

Little information on planet Stone, since we now know that there will be no tour this year.

However, a new album is still in the works. What we knew: the group has been seen in the studio in New York and Los Angeles, accompanied by Steve Jordan, Darryl Jones, Matt Clifford, and even Chanel Haynes. This opus would be produced by Andrew Watt (Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne). And the participation of Paul McCartney on a title on bass has indeed been confirmed.

New information: according to the Anglo-Saxon press, Bill Wyman is in the game! After leaving the group 30 years ago, Bill couldn't refuse to participate in what will, it seems, be a tribute album to Charlie Watts.

"And when is it coming out?" you will tell us. In October, they say...

Drew

Chanel Haynes made a post on her Instagram this morning stating that she is not featured on the album. Take everything you read with a grain of salt, folks.

That really stinks!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2023 08:55

VoodooLounge13
MadMetaphoricalMax
keefriffhards
Does anyone else tire of all this BS concerning the release date of alleged studio album.
No, not at all. It's what keeps me coming back for more, in anticipation of an actual announcement, and a release.

You'll miss the BS when they're gone.

I’ve been missing BS since 2021!!!

yeah. how come it taste so good?

Posted by: WillInUK ()
Date: June 30, 2023 10:52

Just wondering. Who has posted most on this thread?

Date: June 30, 2023 11:32

WillInUK

It's so difficult to count...

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: June 30, 2023 13:57

GerardHennessy
Your point about guests is entirely aligned with my own. Frankly the thought of a guest-packed album, where The Stones will look like a support act, or backing band, to a bunch of other people horrifies me. The practice is vastly over-used nowadays by so many acts. And it always suggests, at least to me, that the main performer feels they need a 'leg-up' from others to make the album more appealing. The Stones don't need anyone else to prop them up. They are more than capable of carrying an album all on their own.

very well said/written
totally agree with you

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 30, 2023 14:21

Dorn
GerardHennessy

very well said/written
totally agree with you

+1

Drew

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2023 20:28

GerardHennessy
Frankly the thought of a guest-packed album, where The Stones will look like a support act, or backing band, to a bunch of other people horrifies me. The practice is vastly over-used nowadays by so many acts. And it always suggests, at least to me, that the main performer feels they need a 'leg-up' from others to make the album more appealing. The Stones don't need anyone else to prop them up. They are more than capable of carrying an album all on their own.

I do agree 100%. and that is even more true in a music industry driven (like all the rest) by social media engagement. Shortcuts shortcuts shortcuts
Is the band capable of carrying an album on their own? That is, an album where guests are just icing on a cake? I (want to) believe so

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 1, 2023 01:17

Topi
WillInUK

I know who’s posted most in the Springsteen thread. winking smiley

Date: July 1, 2023 01:18

Mick turning down Dolly Parton is perhaps a sign that the alleged guest stars are more low key and just because someone posts over and over again their speculation of who could be on the new album, it actually isn't so. Maybe it's really just two "name" bass players sitting in and maybe a "name" piano player on a track. Why that sounds positively normal and rational.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 1, 2023 04:14

maumau
GerardHennessy
Frankly the thought of a guest-packed album, where The Stones will look like a support act, or backing band, to a bunch of other people horrifies me. The practice is vastly over-used nowadays by so many acts. And it always suggests, at least to me, that the main performer feels they need a 'leg-up' from others to make the album more appealing. The Stones don't need anyone else to prop them up. They are more than capable of carrying an album all on their own.

I do agree 100%. and that is even more true in a music industry driven (like all the rest) by social media engagement. Shortcuts shortcuts shortcuts
Is the band capable of carrying an album on their own? That is, an album where guests are just icing on a cake? I (want to) believe so

Hard to say, but even the blues covers album included Eric Clapton as a special guest and he was more than just icing. And A Bigger Bang surely could have been greatly improved by the inclusion of some special guests.
With all the arguing between Keith and Mick over what's Stonesy or not (see Getta Grip), seems the inclusion of neutral players/outsiders/special guests could help the team in the long run get to the finish line.

As for other guests possibilities, wondering if they sought the skillful support of Waddy Wachtel. He and Steve Jordan and Keith together again...sort of a mini X-pensive Winos reunion on a Stones album would be nice.
And that recent Winos reunion from last year was quite impressive - I imagine he could contribute something unique and of high quality to the new Stones album. The skies the limit!

Here he talks about his extensive work on Bridges to Babylon: Waddy-Stones

"I was in the studio for the whole album. Keith called me when they got into town and said, “We’re here, come on over.”
When I got there, it was Ronnie [Wood], who wasn’t in town yet. We just started playing. And then when Woody showed up,
he gave me this dirty look. [Wachtel laughs]. It was like, “What, are you takin’ my job? What are you doin’ here?”
I went, “Hey man, I didn’t hire me!” [Laughs] So the three of us, you know, we all love each other dearly anyway, but it was great".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-01 04:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 1, 2023 05:21

Sure Eric Clapton carried the whole thing to such an extent it had to be pointed out specifically where to find his contribution

Date: July 1, 2023 06:56

NashvilleBlues
Topi
WillInUK

I know who’s posted most in the Springsteen thread. winking smiley

Don't blame me for his long setlists! winking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 1, 2023 17:35

Given the interminable wait, which means a lot, I hope it will be a good album, I'm sure of it. The Stones have never put out a bad album, although some of them have been a bit disappointing.

But I'm not expecting a miracle either. Charlie, Stu, Nicky Hopkins, Jimmy Miller and Mick Taylor are gone, the magic, the genius is gone. The unique alchemy they all created has vanished. Period.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: July 1, 2023 18:12

i am hoping for the release of 2 songs before the release
besides that on social media release 8 clips of parts from the studio
like que up the start of charlie drumming add a guitar only.
guitar and vocal..there 10 years of material the songs have morphed
share,,,and a hour special behind the making of
we have all waited..paying for a billboard not going to sell the record
could you invite me to the listening party..happy summer feel like 100 degrees
bv thanks for this forum

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 1, 2023 18:12

powerage78
Given the interminable wait, which means a lot, I hope it will be a good album, I'm sure of it. The Stones have never put out a bad album, although some of them have been a bit disappointing.

But I'm not expecting a miracle either. Charlie, Stu, Nicky Hopkins, Jimmy Miller and Mick Taylor are gone, the magic, the genius is gone. The unique alchemy they all created has vanished. Period.

Taylor is still with us, thankfully. Will be interesting to see if he's been invited as well as Bill to participate in the new album.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 1, 2023 18:35

Maybe they'll give us one song on Mick's Birthday. Now that would be cool.

Date: July 1, 2023 18:37

powerage78

The genius alchemy you're referring to was gone 50 years ago.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 1, 2023 18:49

sf37
powerage78

Taylor is still with us, thankfully. Will be interesting to see if he's been invited as well as Bill to participate in the new album.

Gone from the band...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 1, 2023 19:34

sf37
powerage78

Yeah, why not. Since the idea behind asking Bill was paying tribute to Charlie, they could have asked that from other ex-member as well. But seemingly Taylor has retired from the business, so probably he might have refused the offer, even if asked.

- Doxa

Date: July 1, 2023 20:37

Doxa
sf37
powerage78

Yeah, why not. Since the idea behind asking Bill was paying tribute to Charlie, they could have asked that from other ex-member as well. But seemingly Taylor has retired from the business, so probably he might have refused the offer, even if asked.

- Doxa

Unless they make him an offer he can't refuse.angry smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: July 1, 2023 23:16

TheflyingDutchman
Doxa
sf37
powerage78

- Doxa

Not in today's world of extremely limited recording budgets...

Date: July 1, 2023 23:22

retired_dog
TheflyingDutchman
Doxa
sf37
powerage78

- Doxa

Not in today's world of extremely limited recording budgets...

Budgets is not the problem. Stones' music is. smoking smiley

Posted by: 20kGrandmas ()
Date: July 2, 2023 02:41

it’s really all about the songwriting for me. I could care less about guitar solos…the idea that any type of magic is gone while Keith and Mick are still writing together is blasphemous. My favorite and one of the greatest songwriting duos of all time in the history of music are putting out another album. Just feel lucky we get one more. Can’t wait to add it to my full discography playlist, its a truly amazing way to listen to them and appreciate their body of work. It’s a wonder.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...675676677678679680681682683684685...LastNext
Current Page: 680 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2329
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home