Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...673674675676677678679680681682683...LastNext
Current Page: 678 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 28, 2023 20:16

Forty Licks is the new album?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 28, 2023 20:31

Right...well I suppose it's vaguely related since they probably won't be announcing anything related to the "new album" after that release.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 28, 2023 20:32

95 Euro incl T-Shirt, 70 Euro just the 4 LPs.

[store.udiscover-music.de]

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 28, 2023 20:40

Pricey for an album I never even listen to on CD. I'll leave that to others.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 28, 2023 20:41

NilsHolgersson
Forty Licks is the new album?

It may not be another EOMS but it comes in way ahead of Honk and the other one

Date: June 28, 2023 20:47

gotdablouse
Right...well I suppose it's vaguely related since they probably won't be announcing anything related to the "new album" after that release.

... probably won't be announcing anything soon(ish). But maybe closer to Xmas.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 28, 2023 21:03

doitywoik
I wonder what is so stunnig about the shoot (apart from the fact that it took place at all). They are standing before a door in a brick wall, looking bored, and then quickly piss off.

Well...Keith's hat is quite stunning!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 28, 2023 21:42

Hairball
doitywoik
I wonder what is so stunnig about the shoot (apart from the fact that it took place at all). They are standing before a door in a brick wall, looking bored, and then quickly piss off.

That's true! And I find it a most generous gesture that the other two came to NY just to celebrate Keith's new hat!

A new hat is not quite a new album, but us crowd who is starving for 18 years and counting have to be happy with what we have to be happy with! winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 28, 2023 22:20

How fitting that you use the word "happy", doitywoik! winking smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: June 28, 2023 22:33

40 Licks, heh? Oh my. Funny how a few lines from Stones songs came immediately to mind: "What a drag it is getting old" followed by "Who wants yesterday's papers?" I am sure my great grandchildren's children will enjoy the new Stones album when its released.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 28, 2023 22:50

IDK, Stealing My Heart is such a masterpiece, though. Certainly warrants a re-release.

Date: June 28, 2023 23:04

dmay
40 Licks, heh? Oh my. Funny how a few lines from Stones songs came immediately to mind: "What a drag it is getting old" followed by "Who wants yesterday's papers?" I am sure my great grandchildren's children will enjoy the new Stones album when its released.

That will make it 180 years and counting...eye popping smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 28, 2023 23:15

Why not make it 60 Licks with some new tracks

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: June 28, 2023 23:39

NilsHolgersson
Why not make it 60 Licks with some new tracks

Because nobody would be satisfied

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 28, 2023 23:45

doitywoik
Hairball
doitywoik

That's true! And I find it a most generous gesture that the other two came to NY just to celebrate Keith's new hat!

A new hat is not quite a new album, but us crowd who is starving for 18 years and counting have to be happy with what we have to be happy with! winking smiley

I think that hat has been remixed.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: June 28, 2023 23:45

We don´t need a new version of 40 Licks. We need an album with new material.
Otherwise it´s boring!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 28, 2023 23:51

Forty Licks is being released on vinyl. I would bet my life the recent photo shoot in NYC has nothing to do with this. It’s the same track listening. Nothing new. Just a quick money grab

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 28, 2023 23:53

Initial plans
- Grrr!Live mid February
- Tour & new album early June
3 months and a half among the two releases date

Current plans
- Forty licks 4LP reissue end of July
- new album mid November

Perfect...Can't wait!

Date: June 29, 2023 00:31

Kurt
doitywoik
Hairball
doitywoik

I think that hat has been remixed.

We ain't seen nothing yet...

Just wait until he starts wearing the Deluxe version of the hat!

Date: June 29, 2023 00:34

mailexile67
Initial plans
- Grrr!Live mid February
- Tour & new album early June

Current plans
- Forty licks 4LP reissue end of July
- new album mid November

Perfect...Can't wait!

Tour announcement would have been a week after Grrr Live! (Feb-17). Maybe it can be Album announcement after Forty Licks 4LP (Aug-4 for example)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 29, 2023 00:45

DiegoGlimmerStones

Maybe it can be Album announcement after Forty Licks 4LP (Aug-4 for example)

Better an album announcement early/mid September since August is still vacation time.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: June 29, 2023 02:29

wouldn't it make sense to announce the new album in july release the first single then cash in on the renewed interest by the general public in the stones (first album in nearly two decades and likely there last) by re-releasing a greatest hits collection

maybe i'm just being hopeful but this dosen't seem like a completely dumb strategy on there parts

Date: June 29, 2023 02:49

ProfessorWolf
wouldn't it make sense to announce the new album in july release the first single then cash in on the renewed interest by the general public in the stones (first album in nearly two decades and likely there last) by re-releasing a greatest hits collection

maybe i'm just being hopeful but this dosen't seem like a completely dumb strategy on there parts

That would be great. Fingers crossed for an announcement soon

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 29, 2023 04:08

It's simply wonderful. A brandnew Stones album. It doesn't happen too often. I am excited.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-29 04:10 by Doxa.

Date: June 29, 2023 04:09

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-29 04:10 by Doxa.

Date: June 29, 2023 04:27

treaclefingers
Doxa
kowalski
No new album since 2005? Hard for me to not count in the 4 "bonus" albums we got meanwhile, the blues album and the countless archival live releases... Happy with anything the Stones decide to give us, "new" or not.

Well, if we look back at the times before, say, 2010, it was a kind of wet dream for us die-hard fans that the Stones would actually open the vaults and start sharing the gems we know exist (and some we didn't even know). "Jagger will never do that". Or that the Stones would do a pure blues album. "Jagger? Never!" Since 2010 - or 2009 if we count YA-YA'S - we have been treated with so many releases that the so called golden days were pretty quiet compared to that. I have lost a count how many releases there have been. Back in the old days I only needed about once a year to steal a bike and go to a nearest record store to purchase a new Stones product. Nowadays I need to do that about three times a year. Or if we counter the rediscription of history by the counting boys, since the end of A BIGGER BANG Tour there was no talk here at IORR about a new album. Or anywhere. The counting boys were pretty silent back then. The issue was: will the Stones tour some day again?

They did. But, of course, now that fact is taken as granted and means nothing. Like so many other things they actually do.

People just have a short memory or they act like spoiled kids crying out for a new toy every once in a while. Nothing is enough. I am pretty sure that once the album is released, it is soon forgotten by certain big mouths here and these counting boys are counting something else then. If there is a will, some people certainly will find something novel to bitch about. I Can't Get No! smiling smiley

- Doxa

Enough with the bike stealing Doxa, you're too old for that. Pay for a Prime membership and get free delivery. You'll feel better about all those new releases!

I know, Treacle. Those days are long gone. Besides, all the good bycicles are gone, if that's the deal. Nowadays, I just order all the things to the address of my dear neighbour, a die-hard Beatle fan (bless his heart). I pick up the things from his mail box before he realizes. He keeps asking from me why he gets all this big bills from some bloody Stones related things he hates, knowing I happen to like them, but I say to him, he shouldn't drink that much.

But basically, I am a good guy, am I not?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-29 04:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2023 05:23

Within reason, yes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 29, 2023 05:39

Doxa
treaclefingers
Doxa
kowalski
No new album since 2005? Hard for me to not count in the 4 "bonus" albums we got meanwhile, the blues album and the countless archival live releases... Happy with anything the Stones decide to give us, "new" or not.

Well, if we look back at the times before, say, 2010, it was a kind of wet dream for us die-hard fans that the Stones would actually open the vaults and start sharing the gems we know exist (and some we didn't even know). "Jagger will never do that". Or that the Stones would do a pure blues album. "Jagger? Never!" Since 2010 - or 2009 if we count YA-YA'S - we have been treated with so many releases that the so called golden days were pretty quiet compared to that. I have lost a count how many releases there have been. Back in the old days I only needed about once a year to steal a bike and go to a nearest record store to purchase a new Stones product. Nowadays I need to do that about three times a year. Or if we counter the rediscription of history by the counting boys, since the end of A BIGGER BANG Tour there was no talk here at IORR about a new album. Or anywhere. The counting boys were pretty silent back then. The issue was: will the Stones tour some day again?

They did. But, of course, now that fact is taken as granted and means nothing. Like so many other things they actually do.

People just have a short memory or they act like spoiled kids crying out for a new toy every once in a while. Nothing is enough. I am pretty sure that once the album is released, it is soon forgotten by certain big mouths here and these counting boys are counting something else then. If there is a will, some people certainly will find something novel to bitch about. I Can't Get No! smiling smiley

- Doxa

Enough with the bike stealing Doxa, you're too old for that. Pay for a Prime membership and get free delivery. You'll feel better about all those new releases!

I know, Treacle. Those days are long gone. Besides, all the good bycicles are gone, if that's the deal. Nowadays, I just order all the things to the address of my dear neighbour, a die-hard Beatle fan (bless his heart). I pick up the things from his mail box before he realizes. He keeps asking from me why he gets all this big bills from some bloody Stones related things he hates, knowing I happen to like them, but I say to him, he shouldn't drink that much.

But basically, I am a good guy, am I not?

- Doxa

Hey Doxa, if you don't got the bread see that drunk man over there, knock him on the head, steal his wallet and you have the loot, if you put in the boot, good, another one sold. Or something.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 29, 2023 08:23

ProfessorWolf

If they wait a little longer it will be fifty years and a fantastically expanded deluxe edition could be released.

Date: June 29, 2023 10:44

Bashlets
Forty Licks is being released on vinyl. I would bet my life the recent photo shoot in NYC has nothing to do with this. It’s the same track listening. Nothing new. Just a quick money grab

I have to agree. The already announced the Forty Licks and no new photos. So there is something else coming - maybe in 2-4 months.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...673674675676677678679680681682683...LastNext
Current Page: 678 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home