Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...672673674675676677678679680681682...LastNext
Current Page: 677 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 27, 2023 18:56

If they feel like and someone at Universal get some neurons and resources going, they might put up a party/concert a la Sticky 2015 to launch and promote the album with a bluray as a nice add on for us diehard fans

- A photo shoot is enough to rekindle the drive to speculate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 27, 2023 18:58

That VL Hats picture was a poster for sale in the shop portion of Retrospekt in NYC. I'd wanted to buy it, but X2 at the time thought it was a waste of $$$. Wonder if they still have any available....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 27, 2023 19:51

Could it be they were filming a music-video for an upcoming single? A funeral is a little bleak, but perhaps the song is ‘goodbye’ to Charlie. We don’t know yet, of course, but it could be fitting with the images we’ve seen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 27, 2023 20:03

mailexile67
I think that photo session in NYC is for the new album packaging.At this point it could be released between October and November maybe with a couple of show to support.They could touring South America/Japan/Australia in Feb/early April and Norþ America in the fall like 2021 Tour.

Let the countdown begin! smiling smiley

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: June 27, 2023 20:15

They're looking good... whatever's up, very exciting. The band that keeps on giving ;-)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 27, 2023 20:22

Hairball
mailexile67
I think that photo session in NYC is for the new album packaging.At this point it could be released between October and November maybe with a couple of show to support.They could touring South America/Japan/Australia in Feb/early April and Norþ America in the fall like 2021 Tour.

Let the countdown begin! smiling smiley

Are we gonna count down from 18? winking smiley

Date: June 27, 2023 20:38

mailexile67

Looking at their history, it's hard to see a tour behind a new album starting anywhere else than North America.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 27, 2023 20:48

And then Wyman reveals this isn’t exactly the whole truth.

“When Mick (Jagger) asked if I would play on one of the tracks in tribute to Charlie, of course I immediately said yes. But I haven’t flown in decades, so I just went over to Metropolis Studios here in London and recorded my part. Mick indicated he’s delighted with the track, so that’s a bonus, but that’s the extent of my ‘return.’ Are we finished talking about the Stones today?”

[variety.com]

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 27, 2023 21:25

Topi
mailexile67

Looking at their history, it's hard to see a tour behind a new album starting anywhere else than North America.

Albums and tours are two separate things nowadays, this year the activity will be the release of the album in November with promotional interviews in the previous months and maybe some live performance playing 1 or 2 new songs on some TV show, SNL or similar.

The most concrete tour offer today is South America in February and March 2024.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: June 27, 2023 21:37

GasLightStreet
Doxa
The counting boys - 18 years and blah blah - are idiots. Not as a person, but as Stones fans. Is A BIGGER BANG better than, say, El MOCAMBO or the film of SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS 78? What would you actually prefer? Lots of stuff, lots of great stuff, released since 2005, unlike in the past.

The last decade or so we had been blessed with wonderful Stones stuff. Much better than, say, from the 80's typically on. Do people actually listen anything, or do they only count?

Why does counting actually means that much to a certain people? What is the point of that? What it tries to say? That the Stones are shit or what?

- Doxa

In regard to The Rolling Stones and people here at/on iorr.org in their whatever levels of fandom, human beings forget quickly:

Pandora came out in 2000.

iTunes was launched in 2001 with the iPod.

XM was in 2001.

Sirius appeared in automobiles in 2002.

iTunes Store was 2003.

YouTube came out in 2005.

Spotify came out in 2006.

Amazon Music came out in 2007.

Sirius and XM combine in 2008.

Google Play Music was 2011 and stupidly killed in 2020, replaced with the ridiculous YouTube Music.

Apple Music launched in 2015, which essentially made the iPod pointless thanks to iCloud (2011).

Then there's social media:

FaceBook was released to the public in 2006. Twitter came out the same year. Instagram came out in 2010.

All of that can now be accessed from a phone. And an iWatch. And laptops and PCs. And automobiles and airplanes and refrigerators.

Newspapers and, less so, magazines, are pointless. Content is instant.

The days of releasing an album and a couple/few video singles have been replaced by releasing an album and many singles with various music videos and multiple remixes and placement in movies, YouTube commercials, morning TV shows, NFL games on TV... Super Bowl commercials, or an EP or just singles (nevermind that the artists make less and less money from it all).

With legacy acts, something other needs to happen. Time is limited. So there are albums being remixed (The Beatles, Stones), previously unreleased music being released as is (Led Zeppelin) or worked on (The Rolling Stones, although both, actually).

Live recordings galore, audio and some video.

Deluxe and super deluxe reissues with the previously unreleased music and B-sides and remixes and a live show. Crazy expensive vinyl for the serious music geeks that have to have vinyl. Playlists by the artist or label are created as a replacement for EPs - every what, 2 months?

Content is king.

We've gotten used to "instant access". We need more Mocambos NOW. Why isn't (enter year here) released yet? What's taking so long?

So much to choose from. There's A LOT to choose from. With all the cross promotion labels do regarding a release or reissue - the big hyped "available across all platforms" - oddly enough, a lot of people just stay in their head down lane. They're not the ones buying the big reissues.

That's probably older ni to thin out. Some of them have opted to just download or stream. Some do both, getting hard copies and downloading or streaming. But Mick Jagger released a single with Dave Grohl only on YouTube!!?? Why can't I get it on vinyl or CD? Why can't I download it?

See how that works? You make it available everywhere, nahhhh. Have it on only one platform... weird.

But it's content.

Great info seems much longer.

Apple NEVER called it or marketed it as an “iWatch”.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: June 27, 2023 23:02

Topi
mailexile67

After the release of Black & Blue in 1976, the tour started in Europe and not in the United States.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 27, 2023 23:39

GHS was European tour also but the formula since 1989 was new album, start USA tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2023 23:50

Doxa
kowalski
No new album since 2005? Hard for me to not count in the 4 "bonus" albums we got meanwhile, the blues album and the countless archival live releases... Happy with anything the Stones decide to give us, "new" or not.

Well, if we look back at the times before, say, 2010, it was a kind of wet dream for us die-hard fans that the Stones would actually open the vaults and start sharing the gems we know exist (and some we didn't even know). "Jagger will never do that". Or that the Stones would do a pure blues album. "Jagger? Never!" Since 2010 - or 2009 if we count YA-YA'S - we have been treated with so many releases that the so called golden days were pretty quiet compared to that. I have lost a count how many releases there have been. Back in the old days I only needed about once a year to steal a bike and go to a nearest record store to purchase a new Stones product. Nowadays I need to do that about three times a year. Or if we counter the rediscription of history by the counting boys, since the end of A BIGGER BANG Tour there was no talk here at IORR about a new album. Or anywhere. The counting boys were pretty silent back then. The issue was: will the Stones tour some day again?

They did. But, of course, now that fact is taken as granted and means nothing. Like so many other things they actually do.

People just have a short memory or they act like spoiled kids crying out for a new toy every once in a while. Nothing is enough. I am pretty sure that once the album is released, it is soon forgotten by certain big mouths here and these counting boys are counting something else then. If there is a will, some people certainly will find something novel to bitch about. I Can't Get No! smiling smiley

- Doxa

Enough with the bike stealing Doxa, you're too old for that. Pay for a Prime membership and get free delivery. You'll feel better about all those new releases!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 28, 2023 00:03

Fingers crossed for those in South America that the Stones return in February and March, 2024. And hopefully the Stones perform on SNL or some other US television show to promote the new album. Maybe they'll be accompanied by one of the special guests on the album - since Bill won't fly, maybe Elton or Macca...or maybe both!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 28, 2023 00:11

Hairball
Fingers crossed for those in South America that the Stones return in February and March, 2024. And hopefully the Stones perform on SNL or some other US television show to promote the new album. Maybe they'll be accompanied by one of the special guests on the album - since Bill won't fly, maybe Elton or Macca...or maybe both!

or better yet, no Macca and no Elton.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: June 28, 2023 01:46

MKjan
Hairball

or better yet, no Macca and no Elton.
Let Paul replace Darryl and Elton. Chuck

Date: June 28, 2023 07:11

Hairball

You forgot Ben Waters!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 28, 2023 07:41

I think adding Ben Waters Boogie Woogie piano is a great throwback to some of the great pianists who’ve played with the band, and a welcome addition to their sound.
We’ll deserved. Let’s hope he makes the cut to be on the tour as well!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 28, 2023 08:11

Ronnie was in London last night for Paul McCartney photo exhibition

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 28, 2023 15:03

I'd be excited about this if it is a new single from the album and if the single was as good as say Start Me Up.

As an aside it's great to see Keith looking so young and well, he looks younger than Mick and Ronnie these days, he's getting younger. winking smiley

Keef the faith. smoking smiley

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: June 28, 2023 16:06

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-28 16:08 by Dorn.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 28, 2023 16:10

I wonder what is so stunnig about the shoot (apart from the fact that it took place at all). They are standing before a door in a brick wall, looking bored, and then quickly piss off.

Posted by: Justjon ()
Date: June 28, 2023 16:12

Looks like a new "40 Licks" reissue with 3 new tracks releasing on Mick's birthday

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: June 28, 2023 16:30

Justjon
Looks like a new "40 Licks" reissue with 3 new tracks releasing on Mick's birthday
Three tracks new to streaming … don’t stop is already up so the other three new forty licks tracks

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 28, 2023 16:49

Justjon

No new songs.

LP3 – Side A

Start Me Up

Brown Sugar

Miss You

Beast Of Burden

Don’t Stop

LP4 – Side A

Love Is Strong

Mixed Emotions

Key To Your Love

Anybody Seen My Baby?

Stealing My Heart

LP4 – Side B

Tumbling Dice

Undercover Of The Night

Emotional Rescue

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)

Losing My Touch

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 28, 2023 16:55

Thank God - still hope! For a whole, new album. cool smiley

Date: June 28, 2023 17:07

doitywoik
I wonder what is so stunnig about the shoot (apart from the fact that it took place at all). They are standing before a door in a brick wall, looking bored, and then quickly piss off.

Maybe it's the wall!

Date: June 28, 2023 17:12

Yep, "new to streaming". Didn't notice that on the release notes.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 28, 2023 18:00

Justjon

Mick's BDay is the 26th. This comes out on the 28th.

Date: June 28, 2023 20:10

This is the statement from the official website stating that "To celebrate Mick Jagger’s 80th birthday, Forty Licks will release digitally on 26 July followed by the physical release on 28 July".
[therollingstonesshop.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...672673674675676677678679680681682...LastNext
Current Page: 677 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2288
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home