Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...669670671672673674675676677678679...LastNext
Current Page: 674 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 25, 2023 19:45

They sure dressed up for the occasion since Mick is not wearing his normal Nikes

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: June 25, 2023 20:13

Shoot video for the single in late June for early Sept release with album following in Oct makes sense. Fits the rumored timeline.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: June 25, 2023 21:07

Topi
The nose punching story was satire by Madhouse Magazine.

Thanks, Topi! It somehow had escaped my attention that it was Madhouse Magazine ... shame on me ...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 25, 2023 21:14

Made for some great quotes, though...

Date: June 25, 2023 21:16

Topi
It almost sounds like you're a believer again, Hairball!

He has always been a believer, I think - just tongue-in-cheek at times.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 25, 2023 22:00

frankotero
Whatever it is, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Hope we get some solid news soon.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 25, 2023 22:07

jahisnotdead
Yes, I'm getting music video vibes from that picture, a promotional video at the very least.

It's almost impossible to believe that there's a little ray of hope.

Yes indeed jahisnotdead it's almost impossible to believe, especially when you consider the abnormally long amount of time it's taken since this all began.
And with that lengthy amount of time, all the ups and downs, the detours, the positive hopes dashed by mixed messages and quotes from band members and insiders such as: "getting there", "maybe next year",
"it's almost there", "don't hold your breath", "sounds good", "Keith is upset", "I don't know where the new album is, do you?", "long ways to go", etc., .....it's like being on an out of control spinning wheel or rollercoaster.
On some days things were looking up for the completion of the album, and the next day the band was hitting a wall, starting from scratch, back to the drawing board. But here we are today with many rays of hope!
And while it has taken a little help from their friends to finally near the finish line (Bill, Macca, Elton, etc), it seems they are possibly very close to that point where they can close the chapter. And then move on to the next.
It's been a long and winding road, but there actually might be some new Stones music this year as hard as that is to believe. Looking forward to hearing at least one new tune before the calendar changes to 2024!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-25 22:08 by Hairball.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 25, 2023 22:48

if this album is, indeed, to be a tribute to the late Mr. Watts, perhaps this video - going to assume it's a video shoot - is for a song that deals with the Stones timeline...from the beginning up thru that tragic parting of our beloved Charlie? They're certainly all dressed up well enough for a funeral. Interesting that Sally is by Ronnie's side. Does make one wonder if maybe he's still not 10000% just yet, or has had another bout of something.

Still after all this time, it's hard to get toooooo excited just yet. I want to. I want to be!!! I want nothing more than one last stellar fkin Stones album - a way to give the finger to any damn mofo who ever said they were nothing more than a nostalgia act (including many on this very board)!!!.

And let's not forget Ben Waters is almost confirmed to be on the album, so there's him, Macca, and Bill. Are Stevie Wonder and Elton both confirmed?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 25, 2023 23:16

good to see them out there,
cool in black
hope to hear something pretty soon

been a fan since 1982
my thoughts go to charlie
love

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: June 26, 2023 00:42

Here it comes!!!

Date: June 26, 2023 00:53

Topi
DiegoGlimmerStones
Bashlets
No doubt they shot a video. Mick, Keith, Ronnie.

That's so awesome!! thumbs upsmileys with beer

They probably wouldn't use a boom mic for a music video, so this is something else.

I guess they want to know what Keith says to Jane Rose when Mick isn't looking ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 03:43 by doitywoik.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: June 26, 2023 01:42

Hairball
jahisnotdead
Yes, I'm getting music video vibes from that picture, a promotional video at the very least.

It's almost impossible to believe that there's a little ray of hope.

Yes indeed jahisnotdead it's almost impossible to believe, especially when you consider the abnormally long amount of time it's taken since this all began.
And with that lengthy amount of time, all the ups and downs, the detours, the positive hopes dashed by mixed messages and quotes from band members and insiders such as: "getting there", "maybe next year",
"it's almost there", "don't hold your breath", "sounds good", "Keith is upset", "I don't know where the new album is, do you?", "long ways to go", etc., .....it's like being on an out of control spinning wheel or rollercoaster.
On some days things were looking up for the completion of the album, and the next day the band was hitting a wall, starting from scratch, back to the drawing board. But here we are today with many rays of hope!
And while it has taken a little help from their friends to finally near the finish line (Bill, Macca, Elton, etc), it seems they are possibly very close to that point where they can close the chapter. And then move on to the next.
It's been a long and winding road, but there actually might be some new Stones music this year as hard as that is to believe. Looking forward to hearing at least one new tune before the calendar changes to 2024!

It's very exciting. I know you're looking forward to it too. It almost seems surreal to think it might not be too much longer now. Eighteen years! I guess I'll be checking iorr three times a day now!

I'm so ready for it. Name, first single, release date, track list, and to see whatever they shot in NYC last week. It's so hard to believe things may be actually gearing up for a BRAND NEW ALBUM by the ROLLING STONES!!!

It will be mind bending to be in this forum on the day of release and read everyone's reviews and reactions.

Cheers to all my fellow fans smileys with beer

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 26, 2023 03:53

So much stupid talk here. Do people have a life?

But a new Stones album, first since BLUE&LONESOME.. Yeah!

- Doxa

Date: June 26, 2023 04:41

The counting boys - 18 years and blah blah - are idiots. Not as a person, but as Stones fans. Is A BIGGER BANG better than, say, El MOCAMBO or the film of SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS 78? What would you actually prefer? Lots of stuff, lots of great stuff, released since 2005, unlike in the past.

The last decade or so we had been blessed with wonderful Stones stuff. Much better than, say, from the 80's typically on. Do people actually listen anything, or do they only count?

Why does counting actually means that much to a certain people? What is the point of that? What it tries to say? That the Stones are shit or what?

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 04:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 26, 2023 05:28

Stop or he'll start counting minutes next.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 26, 2023 05:51

Doxa
So much stupid talk here. Do people have a life?

But a new Stones album, first since BLUE&LONESOME.. Yeah!

- Doxa

clearly a rhetorical question, as evidenced in the discussion.

Date: June 26, 2023 06:24

maumau
good to see them out there,
cool in black
hope to hear something pretty soon

been a fan since 1982
my thoughts go to charlie
love

Yes it's great to see them out there and it's a good reason to be celebrating, though that sense of overwhelming joy is somewhat muted by the absence of Charlie.
Nice to know the album is a tribute to him, and that so many people are involved in honoring him in such a huge way. He will never be forgotten.
Hope the first single they release starts with Charlies unique one of a kind drumming....the engine that drove the band, and the true heartbeat of the Stones...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 26, 2023 06:33

VoodooLounge13
While listening to Exile this morning what dawned on me with all these rumored guests is that back in the day they had them too but they didn’t necessarily need to be paid or so hyped. Folks just dropped by the studio, picked up an instrument and played. Maybe that that take made the album. But the band back in the day from the late 60’s thru the early 70’s was loose and firing on all cylinders. GHS still had some of that looseness but by IORR it was more of a sophistication than looseness. They found a better balance with SG and then again with TY but otherwise it’s been more focused on sophistication I’d say than just letting the music flow. Even my beloved VL I'd call a sophisticated loose album.

These days Jagger seems to care more about appearances than anything else and I miss the old Jagger who didn’t give a Fk. I would prefer a new album with a loose Jagger - think Eazy Sleazy as he’s seems loose there - to a contrived Jagger trying too hard to keep up appearances, or catching the latest trend probably already 10 years old at this point, given the age of some of these songs.

Slightly edited quote for clarity because of redundancy - without meaning to you gave me a thought that could be relevant to the new Stones album - the looseness of Eazy Sleazy.

What you didn't say is tenacity.

Wouldn't it be astounding if the new Stones album had 5 out of 10 or 7 out of 12 songs where Mick is just getting it out in the intensity of Eazy Sleazy?

Not the shouting Taco Bell commercial aspect of DIRTY WORK - a fake mentality - or the new found guttural singing like Rock And A Hard Place and the horrendous Hold On To Your Hat - but, like with Living In A Ghost Town, and, duh, Eazy Sleazy, the Mick that sounds great.

This record will be the last true new album. Hopefully Mick is true. We and no one will know until it comes out, if it comes out. Until then, "Everybody sing please, please me".

Date: June 26, 2023 06:43

This would be a great opener for the album, and then have Charlie's drums blasting in right after it...
Or maybe the first 30 seconds as the opener followed by Charlie's drums, and then the last half of the clip at the end of the album as a bookend...

So many possibilities...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 26, 2023 06:48

Hairball
This would be a great opener for the album, and then have Charlie's drums blasting in right after it...
Or maybe the first 30 seconds as the opener followed by Charlie's drums, and then the last half of the clip at the end of the album as a bookend...

So many possibilities...

Did you get CROSSEYED HEART?

Date: June 26, 2023 07:19

Rocky Dijon
Stop or he'll start counting minutes next.

Dog minutes? winking smiley

Date: June 26, 2023 09:03

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
While listening to Exile this morning what dawned on me with all these rumored guests is that back in the day they had them too but they didn’t necessarily need to be paid or so hyped. Folks just dropped by the studio, picked up an instrument and played. Maybe that that take made the album. But the band back in the day from the late 60’s thru the early 70’s was loose and firing on all cylinders. GHS still had some of that looseness but by IORR it was more of a sophistication than looseness. They found a better balance with SG and then again with TY but otherwise it’s been more focused on sophistication I’d say than just letting the music flow. Even my beloved VL I'd call a sophisticated loose album.

These days Jagger seems to care more about appearances than anything else and I miss the old Jagger who didn’t give a Fk. I would prefer a new album with a loose Jagger - think Eazy Sleazy as he’s seems loose there - to a contrived Jagger trying too hard to keep up appearances, or catching the latest trend probably already 10 years old at this point, given the age of some of these songs.

Slightly edited quote for clarity because of redundancy - without meaning to you gave me a thought that could be relevant to the new Stones album - the looseness of Eazy Sleazy.

What you didn't say is tenacity.

Wouldn't it be astounding if the new Stones album had 5 out of 10 or 7 out of 12 songs where Mick is just getting it out in the intensity of Eazy Sleazy?

Not the shouting Taco Bell commercial aspect of DIRTY WORK - a fake mentality - or the new found guttural singing like Rock And A Hard Place and the horrendous Hold On To Your Hat - but, like with Living In A Ghost Town, and, duh, Eazy Sleazy, the Mick that sounds great.

This record will be the last true new album. Hopefully Mick is true. We and no one will know until it comes out, if it comes out. Until then, "Everybody sing please, please me".

That would be So Divine!!! Lose the over-enunciations as well.

Date: June 26, 2023 09:04

I just hope that one song - might as well tell the truth or something like that - where Mick is playing the guitar makes the album. I absolutely LOVE that snippet and want to hear the whole thing!!!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 26, 2023 10:09

No new album since 2005? Hard for me to not count in the 4 "bonus" albums we got meanwhile, the blues album and the countless archival live releases... Happy with anything the Stones decide to give us, "new" or not.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 26, 2023 12:29

VoodooLounge13
I just hope that one song - might as well tell the truth or something like that - where Mick is playing the guitar makes the album. I absolutely LOVE that snippet and want to hear the whole thing!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Catchy line that one..

Date: June 26, 2023 12:44

Hairball

So many possibilities...

Think that's kinda slow for an opener on a Stones album.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: June 26, 2023 13:00

Hairball

So many possibilities...

Keith is starting to look like that boy from Deliverance playing the banjo

Date: June 26, 2023 13:16

kowalski
No new album since 2005? Hard for me to not count in the 4 "bonus" albums we got meanwhile, the blues album and the countless archival live releases... Happy with anything the Stones decide to give us, "new" or not.

Well, if we look back at the times before, say, 2010, it was a kind of wet dream for us die-hard fans that the Stones would actually open the vaults and start sharing the gems we know exist (and some we didn't even know). "Jagger will never do that". Or that the Stones would do a pure blues album. "Jagger? Never!" Since 2010 - or 2009 if we count YA-YA'S - we have been treated with so many releases that the so called golden days were pretty quiet compared to that. I have lost a count how many releases there have been. Back in the old days I only needed about once a year to steal a bike and go to a nearest record store to purchase a new Stones product. Nowadays I need to do that about three times a year. Or if we counter the rediscription of history by the counting boys, since the end of A BIGGER BANG Tour there was no talk here at IORR about a new album. Or anywhere. The counting boys were pretty silent back then. The issue was: will the Stones tour some day again?

They did. But, of course, now that fact is taken as granted and means nothing. Like so many other things they actually do.

People just have a short memory or they act like spoiled kids crying out for a new toy every once in a while. Nothing is enough. I am pretty sure that once the album is released, it is soon forgotten by certain big mouths here and these counting boys are counting something else then. If there is a will, some people certainly will find something novel to bitch about. I Can't Get No! smiling smiley

- Doxa

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 14:08 by Doxa.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 26, 2023 14:24

ribbelchips
VoodooLounge13

Yeah, I know what you mean. Catchy line that one..

Catchy but fluffy, I hope they also have some stronger material in store, after all Mick said a new album had to be "great" and it seems he's pushed the "Go" button so I'll be holding him to it ;-) That devilish harmonica groove in his living room or "Pride" is more what I have in mind !

And yes, a "relaxed" "Eazy Sleazy" Mick would be nice too, great ? Maybe not but energetic and "spontaneous" à-la "Some Girls" yes !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: June 26, 2023 14:24

New album should be released in October

[www.sympathyforthedevils.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...669670671672673674675676677678679...LastNext
Current Page: 674 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10