Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Eddie Mony on Miss You
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 9, 2016 04:45

Didn't Eddie Money open for the Stones on either the 1978 tour or the 1981 tour and he came out a played Sax on Miss You with the Stones.

Can someone confirm this or tell me I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Pecman

Re: Eddie Mony on Miss You
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 9, 2016 06:38

From Nico Zentgraf:

June 29, 1978:

Lexington, Kentucky, Rupp Arena
(Let It Rock/All Down The Line/Honky Tonk Women/Star Star/When The Whip Comes Down/Miss You/Lies/Beast Of Burden/Shattered/Just My Imagination/Respectable/Far Away Eyes/Love In Vain/Tumbling Dice/ Happy/Hound Dog/Sweet Little Sixteen/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash)
Note: Soundboard recording was made. Also a a professional shot film is
reported to exist. With special guest Eddie Money (sax) on Miss You.

Eddie Money interview on this website:

So, you toured with The Rolling Stones?

I did four shows with The Rolling Stones and I was supposed to do eight. I ran into Keith Richards and he said, ‘You got a big record out now Eddie, and we’re gonna have somebody else do the other four shows.’ I says ‘Why?’ and he says, ‘Well to tell you the truth, Mick likes you, but you’re gettin’ like three encores a night.’”

So I didn’t do the last four shows because I was getting too many encores, and I guess Mick was a little tired.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 10, 2016 07:46

I don't believe that ANY opening act ever got more than one encore ever. I may be wrong but I've seen some top acts get polite applause only because most are there just to see the Stones.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 10, 2016 15:05

Not sure about the Money-Man but...

I'm positive that Santana was asked to leave the stage November 30, 1981 because they were KILLING IT!

Date: December 13, 2016 07:40

Anybody have a picture of Eddie Money playing with the Stones?
I might see the dude soon and want to show him a picture.

Thanks.

Pecman

Date: December 14, 2016 06:43

Rockman,

If anybody can pull a picture of Eddie Money playing sax with the Stones on
the 1978 tour...it's you.

When you are in NYC...lunch on me.

Pecman

Date: December 14, 2016 08:46

mighty stork
I don't believe that ANY opening act ever got more than one encore ever. I may be wrong but I've seen some top acts get polite applause only because most are there just to see the Stones.

His own, his guest spot and the Stones's encore, which he gets to watch smiling smiley

Date: December 15, 2016 10:55

mighty stork

It could have been him "imagining" the level of excitement from the crowd, winking smiley. Because in Philly 78 I saw Foreigner open for the Stones. And these clowns would simply NOT leave the stage. I honestly can't recall if they left and came back, but I remember for sure that again and again they linked arms (the way the Stones do, and now all bands do), and did the collective bow at edge of stage several times. Everyone was yelling; we were throwing sh*t at the stage. "Get off!', and they laughed and waved, and went into another 5 minutes of musical torture.

Date: December 15, 2016 11:16

Palace Revolution 2000

It could have been him "imagining" the level of excitement from the crowd, winking smiley. Because in Philly 78 I saw Foreigner open for the Stones. And these clowns would simply NOT leave the stage. I honestly can't recall if they left and came back, but I remember for sure that again and again they linked arms (the way the Stones do, and now all bands do), and did the collective bow at edge of stage several times. Everyone was yelling; we were throwing sh*t at the stage. "Get off!', and they laughed and waved, and went into another 5 minutes of musical torture.

LOL!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 15, 2016 12:13

....sorry Pecman .... looks like I'll be goin' hungry in NY ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 15, 2016 16:06

Palace Revolution 2000

I can confirm this. Nobody wanted to hear Foreigner or Peter Tosh. Both were booed. (So were the Stones after their short set, with the stage being somewhat trashed, but everyone knows this.) I do not believe Eddie Money's story. He probably lost the four gigs because he asked for too much money thinking he was bigger than he was and the Stones told him to @#$%& off and he made up the rest.

And my experience through 60+ Stones shows with all sorts of opening acts, many headliners themselves. The audience, at best, tolerates them. Nobody cares for the most part although I am sure there have been exceptions.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 16, 2016 18:50

Mony, mony, mony
Must be phoney
In a rich man's world

smoking smiley

Date: December 18, 2016 09:21

Rockman,

Really?...You find everything.

I know I seen a picture of Eddie Money playing sax with the Stone on IORR at some point.

Thanks for trying...hopefully I'll find something...It may have been in
Bill Wyman's book.

Best,

Pecman

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 18, 2016 23:37

Charles Grodin has long averred that he was cast as Benjamin in the The Graduate but then asked for too much money, when the producer went with Dustin Hoffman. Someone with the production this year said, "I know Grodin says that, but we chose Hoffman because we thought he was better."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home