Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: "Ronnie Wood wants The Stones to play series of small club dates"
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 7, 2016 18:01

Jan Richards
There are more than one million fans reading this page alone

That may be, but do you think there are a million people like us? Who knows for sure. I'm guessing there may be around 10,000 hard cores world wide. I'm basing this on 2000 fans at the Circus Krone in 2003. Because the VIPs went elsewhere on vacation that opened the tickets up to people like me/us and I believe we all got in. And that was during a major tour where everybody knew about it. By these days if they kept it low key I think it could happen. Anyhow, I suppose this is all wishful thinking.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 7, 2016 18:37

hot smileyNever mind the clubs with a band this big it is not realistic at all. Bring on a proper stadium and arena tour in support of this most magnificent album the Glimmer Twins have bestoyed on us

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 7, 2016 18:47

Ronnie having a say in the Rolling Stones? – this young dude's getting rebellious…

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 7, 2016 19:19

It would be great as long as they keep the prices similar to the club/theater shows during Licks which ranged from apprx. $75-$100 (not counting the overpriced Vegas Joint show which averaged at about $1,000 I think).
If I were to ever really want to see the Stones again, this would be the most optimum scenario - might even attempt to attend...would be a good excuse to visit my dang in-laws again in the process.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: December 7, 2016 20:45

Wouldn't count it.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 7, 2016 20:48

Ron Wood also said (I think in 2007) they might play Look What The Cat Dragged In.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 7, 2016 22:00

TheGreek
hot smileyNever mind the clubs with a band this big it is not realistic at all. Bring on a proper stadium and arena tour in support of this most magnificent album the Glimmer Twins have bestoyed on us

Macca did his small gig UK tour in 1972, post Beatles he was a BIG star.
Dylan plays small venues in the US from time to time.

The Stones could do it, if the will was there.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 01:17

Ronnie can want and say whatever he likes, but lets be honest........ Jagger is in charge! So unless he wants it, it's not going to happen is it?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 8, 2016 01:54

TheGreek

smileys with beersmileys with beerhot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 11:11

I'd prefer a classic stadium show, bringing back the "B stage" in the middle of the stadium, creating a club feeling there playing 4-5 numbers from Blue & Lonesome

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-08 15:51 by 1962.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 8, 2016 11:40

I love this band and I love Ronnie Wood. I love how Ronnie blurting this out causes Stonesworld to go in to a tizzy with various reactions grinning smiley I am happy they are we are still talking about it. Now... let me look and see what will happen...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 8, 2016 15:49

I'd prefer a classic stadium show, bringing back the "B stage" in the middle of the stadium, creating a club feeling there with 4-5 numbers from Blue & Lonesome

Yeah, that would be Nice !!
jeroen

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 8, 2016 16:41

DandelionPowderman

The funny thing is that some of the thinking out loud-stuff Ronnie has done in the press in recent years actually have materialised. It happened! smiling smiley

It's an old politician's trick. Say the unthinkable every now again and (amid the outrage) see what actually sticks.

Sorry I think I mentioned politics there. Naughty me.

An old trick indeed, but the news is that it is Ronnie doing it on behalf of the Glimmers smiling smiley

So you think the Stones have to float a trial balloon in order to see how the idea of club shows goes over? Give me a break. It's Ronnie talking like he always does, being honest, saying that this is something he would like to do. You think the Glimmers are (1) aware of or (2) care what Ronnie says in the press?

And it does seem like the quoting function is a little screwed up, this mixed yours with the preceding.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: December 8, 2016 16:44

Rokyfan

The funny thing is that some of the thinking out loud-stuff Ronnie has done in the press in recent years actually have materialised. It happened! smiling smiley

It's an old politician's trick. Say the unthinkable every now again and (amid the outrage) see what actually sticks.

An old trick indeed, but the news is that it is Ronnie doing it on behalf of the Glimmers smiling smiley

So you think the Stones have to float a trial balloon in order to see how the idea of club shows goes over? Give me a break. It's Ronnie talking like he always does, being honest, saying that this is something he would like to do. You think the Glimmers are (1) aware of or (2) care what Ronnie says in the press?

And it does seem like the quoting function is a little screwed up, this mixed yours with the preceding.

Maybe they test the audience?!

Date: December 8, 2016 18:24

DandelionPowderman

On behalf of the Glimmer Twins? No, he certainly has not. He's been telling the press this for nearly a month now. As a bloody joke. But album sales have surprised and energized all. If they do decide to tour next year, perhaps a warm up gig playing BL is possible? Similar to the Stcky Fingers show in the States last year.

Date: December 8, 2016 18:44

Rokyfan

No, it wasn't me who thought so. The quote function is fvcked up smiling smiley

Date: December 8, 2016 18:46

mpj200

On behalf of the Glimmer Twins? No, he certainly has not. He's been telling the press this for nearly a month now. As a bloody joke. But album sales have surprised and energized all. If they do decide to tour next year, perhaps a warm up gig playing BL is possible? Similar to the Stcky Fingers show in the States last year.

He was the first to tell us about the comeback and the tours, wasn't he? He broke other news as well. We laughed, but it did happen smiling smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 8, 2016 19:43

corriecas

I'd prefer a classic stadium show, bringing back the "B stage" in the middle of the stadium, creating a club feeling there with 4-5 numbers from Blue & Lonesome

jeroen

I thought that...but then decided that Mick probably wouldn't dare bring the perceived energy levels down for a whole three or four songs in the middle of a show.
Old habits & attitudes die hard winking smiley

Posted by: PdeGroot ()
Date: December 10, 2016 23:06

corriecas

jeroen

For sure, but Ziggo Dome for some concerts would be great

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 10, 2016 23:13

I wish I'd asked him. Just saw him in my local pub where he was holding an early Christmas party with his family.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 10, 2016 23:15

FULL ALBUM IN THEATRES?

Nah, never. Don't forget Sticky Fingers is a classic, Blue & Lonesome is a good blues album, far from a classic. And many people even in a 3000 venue would go getting beer or to toilet (or both) after the 4th blues song in a row.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-10 23:20 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 10, 2016 23:30

DandelionPowderman

Maybe it is a trial Balloon

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 10, 2016 23:34

I think Blue & Lonesome, as an album, would translate better in a small stage. I always think the blues is a club venue type of music. When you perform it in a large open air stadium it loses its feel.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 11, 2016 00:44

virgil

Maybe it is a trial Balloon

yeah, they have to see if there would be any interest in a series of club dates so they told Ronnie to throw it out there.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 11, 2016 03:58

To say Blue and Lonesome is not a classic,oh dear,listen again and you will realise it really is.

Date: December 11, 2016 06:36

DandelionPowderman

He was the first to tell us about the comeback and the tours, wasn't he? He broke other news as well. We laughed, but it did happen smiling smiley

Just trying to present a dose of realty. Believe as you wish.

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 11, 2016 06:40

I know the old nested nested nested quote boxes could get abused... but it would be nice to see them come back. It take a lot of looking these days to see who said exactly said what part of post. A lot of posts these days look more like a schizophrenic arguing with them self than a back and forth discussion

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 11, 2016 20:18

HankM
I know the old nested nested nested quote boxes could get abused... but it would be nice to see them come back. It take a lot of looking these days to see who said exactly said what part of post. A lot of posts these days look more like a schizophrenic arguing with them self than a back and forth discussion

thumbs up When did it change? It wasn't broke, so why fix it?

Date: December 11, 2016 21:39

mpj200

Just trying to present a dose of realty. Believe as you wish.

I don't believe anything. I observe.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 11, 2016 22:34

DandelionPowderman
I don't believe anything. I observe.

So you're more of a voyeur than a true believer?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home