Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

As Tears Go By
Posted by: Dobril ()
Date: September 2, 2005 02:26

It`s a wonderful ballad but who sings the leading vocal there - Mick or Keith? It sounds to me quite like Keith`s voice, but I may be wrong.

Re: As Tears Go By
Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: September 2, 2005 02:31

Sounds like Mick to me

Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: September 2, 2005 02:32

Are you kidding?

Posted by: mickrichards1961 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 02:33

Boy you are a dope. It's Mick the first song where Keith had a featured vocal was connection and that was really a duet. Your no fan go to hell pouser.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 2, 2005 02:37

Christ! What's with all the slagging going on this board lately? So he didn't know it was Mick, why shit on him mickrichards?

Date: September 2, 2005 02:38

Thanks a lot. All the time I thought it was Keith vocal. smiling smiley You Got The Silver - another early ballad, where Keith sings brilliantly.

Date: September 2, 2005 02:48

And guys like mickrichards are funny, I may not know some detail about one song or another, and if that means that my "fan rating" decreases, I don`t give a shit, hahahahahahaha, what a jerk is that shithead.

Dobril if you can't tell the difference between Mick and
Posted by: mickrichards1961 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 04:41

Kieth singing you really are not a fan and frankly I would think you have a hearing problem

Posted by: artur34 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 05:34

mickrichards1961 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boy you are a dope. It's Mick the first song
> where Keith had a featured vocal was connection
> and that was really a duet. Your no fan go to
> hell pouser.

In fact the first song featured richards as vocals[lead vocal] is- something happened to me yesterday- BETWEEN THE BUTTONS ???

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 06:38

artur,

Connection's on BTB as well. "Feature" is a loaded term. I prefer to use Salt of the Earth for Richards vocal entry, just because he kicks it off.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 2, 2005 10:55

Dobril, you did right. This is the place to come if you have a question about the Stones. Hope you keep digging them more and more.

Date: September 2, 2005 11:12

Keith had some harmony lines on "Tell Me" as well (first album)...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 11:40

This was one of the very first songs Mick wrote, and only last year via the web, did I find the original version, As Time Goes By. I think I like that version better than the released version: Why do I feel so all alone? Was I a fool to leave my home? Smiling faces I can see, but not for me, I sit and watch as time goes by...
This would be a good song for someone like Jewel to cover, similar to her version of Wild Horses.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 2, 2005 11:46

No one, no one, no one,
may not and ought not never ever cover
As Tears Go Buy, but the deer beatiful Lady
Dame (should be?) Marianne Faithfull...
Given we call her versions 'covers'; cause in some
history-writings, she co-wrote it (even wrote
it herself in some writing).

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 2, 2005 12:01

mickrichards1961 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boy you are a dope. It's Mick the first song
> where Keith had a featured vocal was connection
> and that was really a duet. Your no fan go to
> hell pouser.

so everyone who you think (in this case probably right but so what) is no fan should go to hell...? you sound like a nice man, pfff >>

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 2, 2005 12:07

He messes up with his med´s. Seriously (check older threads, the dude change user name over and over).

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 2, 2005 12:19

According to Bill's Rolling With The Stones, there are over 60 cover versions of this tune. I'm not aware of any, other than Marianne's original version. I believe Mick wrote this song before he even met her.
Is this the only Stones song that Andrew Loog is credited as a cowriter with Mick and Keith (not including any symphonic material from the mid 60's)?

Date: September 2, 2005 14:11

I just wanted to ask a question, and am young fan of the Stones, not an old, malicious and climacteric one like mickrichards. I don`t know everything about the Stones, so what? Why should this motherfucking @#$%& try to offend me. Because he is a dumbass and guys like him are the dirtiest skums amongst ths Stones` fans.

Date: September 2, 2005 14:24

And I suppose this jerk has serious problems with his pathetic life (why would a normal man say I am not a fan only for not knowing who sings in a particular song anyway), so I just feel sorry for him.

So, when you see mickrchard`s post, you`ll have to note - A JERK`S POST. smiling smiley))

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 2, 2005 14:33

just ignore him (it) Dobril and just ask anything you want to know >>

IORR

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: September 2, 2005 15:33

Dobril, don't waste those precious four syllable cusswords on some moron.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home