Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: BONUS TRACKS
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 25, 2016 19:44

HMS
The so-called "bonus tracks" aren´t substandard.
That version of Start Me Up is one of the best I´ve ever heard/watched. Brilliant.

Your sense of humour is absurd.

Date: November 25, 2016 19:46

Ronnie's solo on SMU from HAVANA MOON is his usual garroting.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: November 25, 2016 21:20

A Stones concert is a Stones concert.Point.
If Miss You is for the 144 times,so what?
On dvd or blu-ray : you can do a make over to another song.
I do not understand ""Bonus Tracks"" for this dvd or blue-ray.
If they did 2 gigs with a few different songs: I'm agree.
But not in this way.

Date: November 26, 2016 00:12

tioms
But not in this way.

The movie had these songs:
1) Jumpin’ Jack Flash
2) It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
3) Out of Control
4) Angie
5) Paint It Black
6) Honky Tonk Women
7) You Got the Silver
8) Midnight Rambler
9) Gimme Shelter
10) Sympathy For The Devil
11) Brown Sugar
12) You Can’t Always Get What You Want
13) (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

Therefor, the songs that were not in the movie are bonus tracks.

Date: November 26, 2016 00:28

exilestones
I don't know Havana Moon yet. I guess they thought the concert was better without the 'bonus tracks' but then gave them to us anyway.
So, how are the 'bonus tracks,' Substandard or not?

Listen to them on Spotify.

Tumbling Dice is no surprise other than the slap back echo on Jagger's voice.

All Down The Line is decent. A tad slower than usual perhaps.

Before They Make Me Run is hilarious and pretty damn good.

Miss You... has the horrible keyboard harmonica but is otherwise decent. A bit long...

Start Me Up... Ronnie's solo is horrible. It sounds a lot like the 1994 version they did where they ruined the momentum it got in 1989/90, it's lumpy. It's decent enough but it makes sense why it wasn't in the movie. There are worse versions available. It's slower than Hyde Park.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 26, 2016 22:26

I understand the fact that they need to shorten it for cinema. To reach a standard cinema lenght and to keep it interesting, since the whole movie probably would be boring for some folks. Also some songs did not got received that well by the audience (Tumbling Dice e.g.) as other ones. So they cut them out.

BUT: I wish they could have integrated a function into the menu: "play the movie with the bonus tracks". Just as they did with Four Flicks, just that the bonus tracks were interview.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 27, 2016 15:28

GasLightStreet
tioms
But not in this way.

1) Jumpin’ Jack Flash
3) Out of Control
4) Angie
5) Paint It Black
6) Honky Tonk Women
7) You Got the Silver
8) Midnight Rambler
9) Gimme Shelter
11) Brown Sugar

Yeah exactly. Some folks here do not understand the simplest things. I would have preferred the complete video in the right order, but as it wasn't complete in the film, we can be glad to get the rest at all. Remember the incomplete 00s shows on the 4 dvd sets? That was actually real shit.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 27, 2016 19:10

Monsoon Ragoon
GasLightStreet
tioms
But not in this way.

1) Jumpin’ Jack Flash
3) Out of Control
4) Angie
5) Paint It Black
6) Honky Tonk Women
7) You Got the Silver
8) Midnight Rambler
9) Gimme Shelter
11) Brown Sugar

Yeah exactly. Some folks here do not understand the simplest things. I would have preferred the complete video in the right order, but as it wasn't complete in the film, we can be glad to get the rest at all. Remember the incomplete 00s shows on the 4 dvd sets? That was actually real shit.

That'exactly some folks were talking about...the wish for the correct sequence or at least a function to create your own.
Probably you didn't get that some folks understand the simplest things being aware that it's a movie...

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: November 28, 2016 23:52

Quite comical people are complaining about marketing wording. Cheers!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 29, 2016 19:07

tioms
But not in this way.

Just a wee observation if I may, I'm going to guess the 144th Miss You was actually played near the end of the Steel Wheels tour and the beginning of the Urban Jungle tour some 26 years ago...we are probably approaching 850-900 by now.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 30, 2016 20:14

midimannz
I'm only disappointed that the menu option doesn't give you a 'play the complete concert in correct order' choice.

No matter, it's out there now for those who want it that way ....

It IS too bad someone mucked that 'menu option' up for everybody, however, I am Now enjoying the concert in correct running order, what a treat!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 17, 2021 15:25

tioms
Havana Moon.
These are bonus tracks on my dvd:

Tumbling Dice
All DownTthe Line
Before They Make Me Run
Miss You
Start Me Up
Greets,

Edit post: Why not this songs in concert tape?

Which is the definitive version of Havana Moon to get all these bonus tracks? I've been trying to sort out this for the past couple of days and can't seem to. I think I have the correct version of Ole found. thanks!

Date: August 17, 2021 15:29

Also what is the definitive for Sweet Summer Sun with the bonus tracks?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 17, 2021 16:20

VoodooLounge13

Which is the definitive version of Havana Moon to get all these bonus tracks?

There're no real Bonus-Tracks - it's all included in the Standard-Edition - DVD-picture. Original Setlist: [iorr.org] .

If you wanna have a Video in the correct Track-order you have to do it by yourself via Video-Editing.

Same with Sweet Summer Sun - take the Japanese Edition with 'Tumbling Dice' as Bonus - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] - and then make a Video in the correct Track-order of HP#2, 13-Jul-2013 - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 16:30 by Irix.

Date: August 17, 2021 16:25

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Which is the definitive version of Havana Moon to get all these bonus tracks?

There're no real Bonus-Tracks - it's all included in the Standard-Edition - DVD-picture. Original Setlist: [iorr.org] .

If you wanna a Video in the correct Track-order you have to do it by yourself via Video-Editing.

Same with Sweet Summer Sun - take the Japanese Edition with 'Tumbling Dice' as Bonus and then make a Video in the correct Track-order of HP#2, 13-Jul-2013 - [iorr.org] .

Thanks Irix. So this one from Germany would work: Havana

Date: August 17, 2021 16:40

VoodooLounge13

So this one from Germany would work: Havana

Yes, if you wanna have the Blu-ray, 2CDs + Book. There's also a DVD+2CD - [www.Amazon.com] . Same as BR+2CD - [ElusiveDisc.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 17:05 by Irix.

Date: August 17, 2021 19:55

VoodooLounge13

Japanese BR+DVD+3CD+3LP - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] . Japanese BR+3CD - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] . Japanese BR - [www.jpc.de] . BR+2DVD+2CD+Book - (w/o TD, plus HP '69) - [www.jpc.de] .

If you're interested in maximum Bonus-Stuff in general, have a look at the limited (mostly sold out) Editions by Japanese [WardRecords.com] . Ultimate Edition of Sweet Summer Sun - [WardRecords.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-17 20:35 by Irix.

Date: August 18, 2021 00:22

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Japanese BR+DVD+3CD+3LP - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] . Japanese BR+3CD - [www.CDJapan.co.jp] . Japanese BR - [www.jpc.de] . BR+2DVD+2CD+Book - (w/o TD, plus HP '69) - [www.jpc.de] .

If you're interested in maximum Bonus-Stuff in general, have a look at the limited (mostly sold out) Editions by Japanese [WardRecords.com] . Ultimate Edition of Sweet Summer Sun - [WardRecords.com] .

Yes, I'm aware of Ward, but have only ever bought the Brussels Affair Vault release they had (the cheaper version). So if I am destined to be divorced again, I want to plug all my Stones holes, which is looking like a couple grand at this point. I'd started collecting the vinyl just a couple of years back, and would like to have all the Vault releases on vinyl, but they're going out of print quick, with steep prices to acquire them.

My original thought with collecting was to have everything that they had ever released on CD, so that meant getting the Japanese versions of all the albums with bonus tracks. Seems that even the Blu-Rays/DVDs sometimes have bonus material, but the DVD's in Japan won't play here in the States, so one must opt for the more expensive blu-ray versions. Now, I'd thought that Ward had at one time released all of the Stripped shows individually, with CDs and video, but I can't locate any of them anywhere except for Paradiso. Is that the only one that was released complete? Mostly, I'm interested in having all the rare exclusive music, so that I can have a complete collection on both my iPod and in my CD Collection. None of the vinyls are ever going to be opened.

It would seem that the Ward releases would have been the way to go to get everything all at once plus a shirt in many cases, and some other goodies as well.

So Havana Moon with the book is the best option (link I'd posted earlier). Sweet Summer Sun Blu-Ray with bonus CD in Ward is the best there. Am I reading that correctly though on the Japanese BR+DVD+3CD+3LP. Does that have a bonus CD that only has Happy on it? Is that not included on the Ward release? I don't see it there.

Date: August 18, 2021 00:45

VoodooLounge13

Does that have a bonus CD that only has Happy on it? Is that not included on the Ward release?

It's also on [WardRecords.com] - mentioned above the Tracklist of the 3-Track Bonus-CD.

The Audio of Totally Stripped was individually released digitally e.g. on Qobuz or Apple Music (iTunes).

Date: August 18, 2021 00:54

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Does that have a bonus CD that only has Happy on it? Is that not included on the Ward release?

It's also on [WardRecords.com] - mentioned above the Tracklist of the 3-Track Bonus-CD.

The Audio of Totally Stripped was individually released digitally e.g. on Qobuz or Apple Music (iTunes).

Irix,

I appreciate all this info, so the CDJapan Sweet Summer Sun is the same as the Ward one that is sold-out minus the T-Shirt? Has the LP's plus all the bonus Japanese songs - TD, Happy, and 3 song bonus CD, correct?

OK so only digitally the Totally Stripped audio was available besides Paradiso, not on actual CD....got it!!

Date: August 18, 2021 01:05

VoodooLounge13

I appreciate all this info, so the CDJapan Sweet Summer Sun is the same as the Ward one that is sold-out minus the T-Shirt? Has the LP's plus all the bonus Japanese songs - TD, Happy, and 3 song bonus CD, correct?

The 3-Track Bonus-CD is only contained in the Ward release. Compare again the Tracklists of [WardRecords.com] and [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

Date: August 18, 2021 02:44

Irix
VoodooLounge13

The 3-Track Bonus-CD is only contained in the Ward release. Compare again the Tracklists of [WardRecords.com] and [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

Ah OK. Irix, I cannot thank you enough for all this info and help!!

Date: August 18, 2021 05:42

A bonus track only on YouTube... at 1:31.

Date: August 18, 2021 14:07

GasLightStreet
A bonus track only on YouTube... at 1:31.

Thanks GLS. My goal tho is to get all officially released bonus material. Recently learned about San Jose and that one mostly out of print now is gonna run a few bucks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-18 15:23 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: August 19, 2021 03:31

Irix
VoodooLounge13

So this one from Germany would work: Havana

Yes, if you wanna have the Blu-ray, 2CDs + Book. There's also a DVD+2CD - [www.Amazon.com] . Same as BR+2CD - [ElusiveDisc.com] .

Havana Moon purchased!! Receiving by 8/31!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home