Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stooges - Hammersmith, London - did anyone go?
Posted by: nashville ()
Date: September 1, 2005 18:24

I could shoot myself for somehow missing the recent Stooges gig in London. Did anyone go and if so what was it like. Just read some reviews in the UK press and they were 100% positive.

Andy

Re: Stooges - Hammersmith, London - did anyone go?
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: September 1, 2005 20:12

Yeah, I did. It was blindingly good, grade A aural incendiary salvos of filthy rock n roll. During "No Fun" IGG invited people on to the stage - must have been 60/70 accepted hospitality. There was some mightily pissed off security staff; they didn't know what hit them!!! heh heh heh I do feel sorry for the IGG's "minder," boy that guy had a hard time trying to protect his boss from over zealous fans.

SD

Below is a review from NME.com -

LINK - [www.nme.com]

"THE STOOGES CAUSE STAGE INVASION IN LONDON

THE STOOGES made a chaotic return to LONDON last night when they caused a stage invasion at their HAMMERSMITH APOLLO show (August 30).

Following their appearance at The Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festivals last weekend (August 26-28), the band were joined by over forty fans as they tore through their second album ’Funhouse’.

During set-closer ’No Fun’ the reformed punk pioneers – led by Iggy Pop - invited the crowd to storm the stage.

Beer, cigarettes and underwear were all thrown in the dramatic finale from the returning heroes, whilst Pop was swamped by stage-invaders as they scrambled to touch the singer and sing into his microphone.

The band ripped through each track from the 1970 LP ’Funhouse’ including ’Down On The Street’, ’Loose’, ’TV Eye’, ’Dirt’, ’1970’, ’Fun House’ and ’LA Blues’.

The group – including guitarist Ron Asheton, bassist Mike Watt and drummer Scott Asheton - also played a selection of songs from their 1969 self-titled debut including ’I Wanna Be Your Dog’ and ’1969’.

The gig was part of the ’Don’t Look Back’ series of gigs in which a band plays one of their seminal albums in full. Upcoming shows include performances from Belle And Sebastian, The Lemonheads and Mudhoney."

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 1, 2005 20:12

YES!

it was @#$%& immense!

one of the top 5 gigs i've ever been to

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: September 1, 2005 20:15

"Upcoming shows include performances from Belle And Sebastian.."

That could be slightly mellower than Iggy :-)

Iggy, folks, is Rock n Roll.

Karl

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 1, 2005 20:17

and a whole lot shitter!

god how i hate belle & sebastian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home