Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

10 years since Joe Jagger passed away
Date: November 11, 2016 21:19

Chris Jagger has just posted a moving tribute to his dad on Youtube.
It has been 10 years since his dad passed away.RIP.

Re: 10 years since Joe Jagger passed away
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2016 21:28

Touching ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 11, 2016 21:48

Very nice..................

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 11, 2016 22:48

Wow, this just reminded me that today is my dad's birthday. He would have been 88 years old today. I'll say a little prayer for him and old Joe...nice tribute from Chris J.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 12, 2016 00:30

Nice tribute..

I remember leading up to when his dad passed, the stones had just re-scheduled a Vancouver date from late October to Nov 25th..due to Mick having throat troubles, the last date of the BB tour.
When news of his dads passing came I thought the date would be cancelled, but they did it and it was one of the best shows ever (aren't they all?) cool smiley
Ultimate pro, Mick is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 00:31 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 12, 2016 03:41

Very nice video tribute form Chris to his dad.
Hard to imagine it's already been 10 years...

The night Joe Jagger passed on Nov 11, 2006, my wife and I were were at the MGM in Vegas to see the Stones and Mick did a great job considering the circumstances.
The same night after it was over, we went to the Club 3121 at the RIO hotel to see Prince which ended up being even better than the Stones.
Small club, apprx. 1,000 people, and 2 1/2 hours long...a crazy night for sure ending at about 3:00 AM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-12 03:44 by Hairball.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: November 12, 2016 04:26

MisterDDDD
Nice tribute..

I remember leading up to when his dad passed, the stones had just re-scheduled a Vancouver date from late October to Nov 25th..due to Mick having throat troubles, the last date of the BB tour.
When news of his dads passing came I thought the date would be cancelled, but they did it and it was one of the best shows ever (aren't they all?) cool smiley
Ultimate pro, Mick is.

That last ABB Vancouver concert was very, very, very good.

Nice photo montage Chris.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: November 12, 2016 05:53

Very nice music and a touching tribute. how beautiful.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 12, 2016 06:52

KingmanBarstow
MisterDDDD
Nice tribute..

Ultimate pro, Mick is.

That was a good show. Bonnie Raitt was good but I wish it was still Van Morrison opening. Remember it was snowing outside and I had to drive back out to the Fraser Valley. Several cars in the ditch.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 12, 2016 07:21

very nice and some great pics in there.

i saw chris do a show in NYC 20 years ago. It was a great night and the club so empty (until Mick and Jerry walked in!) that i got to talk to Chris for a few minutes before the show...I even got to meet mick (briefly)later on.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 12, 2016 07:54

[/quote]

Nice photo montage Chris.[/quote]

That was a good show. Bonnie Raitt was good but I wish it was still Van Morrison opening. Remember it was snowing outside and I had to drive back out to the Fraser Valley. Several cars in the ditch.[/quote]

Most brutal drive back to Seattle the next day I've ever had.. 7 hours!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 12, 2016 08:13

MisterDDDD

That was a good show. Bonnie Raitt was good but I wish it was still Van Morrison opening. Remember it was snowing outside and I had to drive back out to the Fraser Valley. Several cars in the ditch.

Most brutal drive back to Seattle the next day I've ever had.. 7 hours!

It was a great comcert. I remember being amazed that Mick could perform so well after the loss of his dad, and also Ronnie's brother had passed a week or so earlier. They are pros. Lovely tribute to Mr Jagger, I always loved the one of him with Mick at his Knighthood.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 12, 2016 12:22

thumbs up

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 12, 2016 12:46

Nice indeed.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 13, 2016 08:11

Wow~that was really nice. I can't believe it's been 10 years...

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: November 13, 2016 13:17

Hairball
The night Joe Jagger passed on Nov 11, 2006, my wife and I were were at the MGM in Vegas to see the Stones and Mick did a great job considering the circumstances.

Those circumstances including, as I recall, Mick having flown all the way to England and back to bid farewell to his father prior to the Las Vegas show.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 13, 2016 17:20

FWIW, I wrote a review of that show ten years ago. Best Stones show I've ever seen.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 13, 2016 18:29

Hairball
Very nice video tribute form Chris to his dad.
Hard to imagine it's already been 10 years...

The same night after it was over, we went to the Club 3121 at the RIO hotel to see Prince which ended up being even better than the Stones.
Small club, apprx. 1,000 people, and 2 1/2 hours long...a crazy night for sure ending at about 3:00 AM.

I was at that show in Vegas too. I remember wondering if it would be cancelled. It was great 'tho. wish I'd caught Prince!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: November 13, 2016 18:33

Sweet

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 13, 2016 19:37

Long John Stoner
FWIW, I wrote a review of that show ten years ago. Best Stones show I've ever seen.

[iorr.org]

'Jagger seemed more animated than usual, which is saying something. By the 4th or 5th number, I told my wife that doing the show was likely an emotional release for him. Being onstage was his "safe" place. He got a lot of love from the audience, and his "thank you's" had more meaning than normal. He didn't skimp on a lyric nor a movement. My wife, not particularly a Stones fan, commented he seemed driven by something'.

Good stuff Long John Stoner. thumbs up

'Of course, none of us who knew about Joseph Jagger's illness knew he had passed away before the show'.

If I recall, some of us were aware of the passing of Joe Jagger prior to the show.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: November 27, 2016 07:07

SomeTorontoGirl

It was a great comcert. I remember being amazed that Mick could perform so well after the loss of his dad, and also Ronnie's brother had passed a week or so earlier. They are pros.

I remember this being a rough time for them, 10 years ago. Between Ronnie's brother, and Mick's father, there was also Ahmet Ertegun (sp?), who was in a coma after falling at the Beacon show. He passed in Dec, '06. It was a rough ending to the long A Bigger Bang Tour.

I picked up with them again in Nov '06, after being away for a long time, and kind of got sucked back in. It's been a rollercoaster.
I think it's always been that way for them. I don't know how they can do it. "The show must go on" seems to be their motto. And, maybe the cycle of life and death sustains them. New babies to bring new life and new love. God bless them. May the Good Lord shine a Light on them, and may the prodigals finally come home.

[youtu.be] Shine A Light w/ Bonnie Raitt Vancouver '06
[youtu.be] Prodigal Son 1969

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 27, 2016 10:59

Nice thing. their dad seems like he was a nice man.
jeroen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home