Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones pass on "The Late, Late Show" Carpool Karaoke
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 7, 2016 01:47

swimtothemoon

James Corden would love this scene to become a reality

[www.mirror.co.uk]

So the photo is just a piece of fiction - photo shopped?

Yes. See photo caption.

Original image:

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 7, 2016 02:26

They should have done it!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 7, 2016 03:03

probably not enough money involved...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 7, 2016 03:50

bye bye johnny
swimtothemoon

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Yes. See photo caption.

Original image:

Ah...The Red hot Chili Peppers. Thanks!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 7, 2016 04:24

swimtothemoon
bye bye johnny
According to The Mirror...so take with the proverbial grain of salt.

James Corden can't get no satisfaction as Rolling Stones snub "embarrassing" Carpool Karaoke sketch

5 NOV 2016
By Simon Boyle

The veteran rockers, including Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, reportedly ignored advice from their record label, who recommended they do the show

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Great catch there. Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 7, 2016 07:05

The RHCP episode was fun and well done. What's the harm in the Stonss giving a go? Maybe Mick's laryngitis got in the way??

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: November 7, 2016 09:39

So much negativity. I wonder if they had done this, would people change their minds and say how awesome it was and how great it is that the Stones have such a great sense of humour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-07 09:40 by Boognish.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 7, 2016 10:49

interesting sidebar to the chile peppers appearance:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 7, 2016 13:48

Yes have James Corden riding shotgun with Tooncies the cat driving the car on Saturday Night Live right off the cliff smoking smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 7, 2016 17:03

Captain Teague
James Corden is a dick who loves himself too much

You could say this about all the late night hosts.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 7, 2016 19:08

James Corden Rolling Stones Snubbed My 'Karaoke'? That's News To Me

[www.tmz.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 8, 2016 00:16

Boognish
So much negativity. I wonder if they had done this, would people change their minds and say how awesome it was and how great it is that the Stones have such a great sense of humour?

If they had done it we would have accused them of being rather boognish.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 8, 2016 00:21

treaclefingers
Boognish

If they had done it we would have accused them of being rather boognish.

Ya just couldn't resist, could ya treacles?

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: November 8, 2016 01:19

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 8, 2016 01:47

Lol as if this is any more embarrassing then Keith Richards talking about his lemon tree with 12 year old Jimmy Fallon.

Date: November 8, 2016 02:45

its not...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-08 03:18 by HankM.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 8, 2016 06:05

Rocky Dijon
The band doesn't even do music videos for their singles unless it is a contractual requirement. They built relationships with Matt Lauer and Jimmy Fallon in the last 15 years or so and have had long relationships with Lorne Michaels and Jann Wenner. They simply aren't media-friendly unless they need to be and, while it may limit CD sales, it is fitting for their stature and attitude that they remain scornful of showbiz phoniness, both individualy and as a group. While fans here may resent their doing corporate shows, this is an example of the band staying true to their anti-establishment roots. Good for them.

So eloquent ^. Yes.
Oh you guys are funny here.
Never seen this show, but anything in a car is a blatant poor attempt rip off
on Seinfeld, the original cool cat (Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee)
And major unforgivable faux pas putting Stones heads on other dudes bodies. Neg.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 8, 2016 07:05

So much bitterness in this thread...I just have to laugh.

The Stones are fading into irrelevance, and it's really sad to see. Doing this harmless skit would have at least provided them with some visibility in advance of their blues album, which will almost certainly be forgotten and buried as soon as its released.

The Stones at least used to be good at hyping their tours. They clearly don't care about curating their musical legacy properly the way Jimmy Page or Neil Young do with their archives, but at least if $$$ was on the line, the Stones would make a bit of effort.

Now they don't even do that. Their entire marketing/hype team is a shambles.

Date: November 8, 2016 10:29

keefriff99

The Stones are fading into irrelevance, and it's really sad to see. Doing this harmless skit would have at least provided them with some visibility in advance of their blues album, which will almost certainly be forgotten and buried as soon as its released.

The Stones at least used to be good at hyping their tours. They clearly don't care about curating their musical legacy properly the way Jimmy Page or Neil Young do with their archives, but at least if $$$ was on the line, the Stones would make a bit of effort.

Let's see if the music video and the appearance with Lauer can boost things anyhow smiling smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 8, 2016 17:25

DandelionPowderman
keefriff99

Let's see if the music video and the appearance with Lauer can boost things anyhow smiling smiley
I hate to be so negative, but I just don't understand what they're doing.

They have the resources to raise their profile so much beyond what it is currently. I don't want them to become media whores or debase their brand, but their accomplishments are so remarkable and I feel that the culture simply doesn't appreciate what they've done, and a lot of it is their fault.

I know Jagger hates looking back, but there's so much more care and effort that they could take when it comes to curating their musical archive. The vault shows were great, but the profile was too low. The Exile reissue was probably the most high profile they've done, but even that felt like they left a lot of promotion on the table.

I guess I'm in the minority that thinks them doing the carpool karaoke would have been a real hoot. The Elton John and Stevie Wonder episodes were wonderful, as were the ones with Adele and the RHCP. I could totally see the Stones' quirky sense of humor meshing with Corden and them hitting it out the park and getting exposed to potentially new younger fans.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 8, 2016 18:01

Have you seen the new video?? IT'S FANTASTIC!

And if they go back w/ Matt Lauer/ friendship type trust,
and they have to do a little promo,
why not drop back in and have a chat?

Overthinking things too much will make ya Lonesome and Blue baby.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 8, 2016 19:38

this kind of crap makes me ill just looking at it.this nonsense that i call the death of cool,everyone is supposed to walk around making an ass out of themselves to show you "have a sense of humor" and "don't take yourself too seriously".

these comedians that lead the way on most of these pathetic displays will say the most vile things about people and it's ok because it's a "joke",until it's about a rapper of course, then they lose their nerve because they know they'll get the shit beat out of them.

i still haven't forgiven mick for going on david letterman.for years that a-hole bashed the stones mercilessly with unfunny, angry,rude comments and jagger goes on his show..mick must've had one of his "let's work" moments.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: November 8, 2016 19:58

The Stones aren't boomers, so they've been out of step with popular culture for years. Thankfully, imo, because today's late night, comedian culture is dumb. Their cool is all their own.
Also, whenever I think of Mick doing TV, I think of that in-house, record promo he did back in the 70s in which he appeared in front of portraits of naked men, I think Warhol prints. Now that was funny, and a bit unsettling, but all these so-called, cutting edge comics of today couldn't handle that.

Date: November 9, 2016 00:01

lem motlow
this kind of crap makes me ill just looking at it.this nonsense that i call the death of cool,everyone is supposed to walk around making an ass out of themselves to show you "have a sense of humor" and "don't take yourself too seriously".

these comedians that lead the way on most of these pathetic displays will say the most vile things about people and it's ok because it's a "joke",until it's about a rapper of course, then they lose their nerve because they know they'll get the shit beat out of them.

i still haven't forgiven mick for going on david letterman.for years that a-hole bashed the stones mercilessly with unfunny, angry,rude comments and jagger goes on his show..mick must've had one of his "let's work" moments.

aka the "IT'S A PRANK BRO!!!" generation doing stupid crap...
...followed up with "geeeez, people these days have no sense of humor" or "people are so bitter"

The type of crap that makes up 82% of youtube videos (btw- 82% of what is on youtube could be deleted with no loss). It is what makes the Kardashians popular, reality TV a hit, slime dumping cool... leads to videos of waxing chests, eating bugs, chugging till puking etc etc etc.

Hair styles and pale blue tuxedos of the 1970s will probably look like high fashion compared to when 2045-2050 looks back at what was popular 1995-2015

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-09 00:07 by HankM.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: November 9, 2016 20:32

Rockman
Mick n Keef with tatts ..... oh dear how uncool ...

Or cool

Tatt Me Up!

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-09 20:34 by camper88.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: November 9, 2016 20:59

James Corden is annoying, IMO. His ratings also aren't that good.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home