Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Predictions after the NA Mini-Tour
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 17, 2016 17:39

Last show will be next Saturday in Vegas...And then?!Total Relax till next spring or they could come back in the studio to record any new stuff in New York where there will be Exhibitions Opening in November?!Keith in July at BBC said:"we're going in the studio later this year"...What are your predictions?!

Re: Predictions after the NA Mini-Tour
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 17, 2016 17:52

In a perfect world, they would tour Europe next year and only play clubs, Circus Krone, Astoria, Olympia, Cirkus, you name it. They would play all songs from the new blues album + 6 more rare songs + 4 warhorses. All concerts would be professionally broadcasted live via webstream.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-17 18:24 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 17, 2016 17:58

Blues numbers work best in a club or arena setting, so they should do 15000-20000 venues like they did in 2003. Back then they'd "Mannish Boy"and it worked fine.

Otoh they know they have a (very?) limited amount of shows left in them so logic dictates they'll play in stadiums (again).

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 17, 2016 18:01

Concert at Madison Square Garden streamed live...
Fans worldwide can subscribe to experience the show live - virtually - on their smartphones in 3D*...
*Rolling Stones branded Google Cardboard viewer for smartphones.
Partnership for the event: Rolling Stones/Google...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 17, 2016 18:19

Honestly? Nothin'.
I think any new Glimmer compositions that have been recorded
will stay in the can and released
posthumously.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 17, 2016 18:20

TheBlockbuster
In a perfect world, they would tour Europe next year and only play clubs, Cirkus Krone, Astoria, Olympia, Cirkus, you name it. They would play all songs from the new blues album + 6 more rare songs + 4 warhorses. All concerts would be professionally broadcasted live via webstream.

In a perfect world there would be an Astoria.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 17, 2016 18:23

Aha...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-17 18:24 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 17, 2016 19:15

This is easy , after the exibition in NYC it will be HOLIDAY =CELEBRATION ,it will be a good time !

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 17, 2016 20:05

Promotion for exhibition and the blues album until late November
Time off December-February
Last recordings for studio album on March-April
Europe dates on June-July

Don't expect a much bigger tour next year, I won't be surprised if they only play festivals.

Date: October 17, 2016 20:32

@Georgelicks

So do you think that a new studio album of originals will come out next year?!

Date: October 17, 2016 21:14

mailexile67
@Georgelicks

So do you think that a new studio album of originals will come out next year?!

So far my source on Universal was 100% right, the blues album was already done, the originals album not so the projected double album was split and the new blues album is released this year, also the original release date for the blues album was this month but the sales are so low now that the album is released on December.
The US tour was projected to be 10-12 dates but for some reason it was downsized, Mick's new child news is my bet.

The new album of originals could be ready to go on May 2017, but the sales market around that date is worse than now so I won't be surprised if is released on November/December 2017.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 17, 2016 21:22

I think you're right... Mick's next child will come out sometime in 2017.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 17, 2016 21:51

i can never understand the feeling that the Rolling Stones are always on their last legs and are gonna be over at any minute.

it's the "this could be the last time" myth that has carried on to this day and it makes no sense.why would they quit playing live and stop making records?

they've somehow figured out a way to make people think they are doing something super human that just cannot be sustained when in fact they are doing something quite simple that takes very little energy.
plenty of people the same age as the Stones or older travel and play music and they don't do it for that amount of money and they don't travel by private jet,it's not an olympic event.

they'll put out a new record next year and do a tour,probably of Europe.why wouldn't they.

Date: October 17, 2016 21:54

lem motlow
i can never understand the feeling that the Rolling Stones are always on their last legs and are gonna be over at any minute.

it's the "this could be the last time" myth that has carried on to this day and it makes no sense.why would they quit playing live and stop making records?

they've somehow figured out a way to make people think they are doing something super human that just cannot be sustained when in fact they are doing something quite simple that takes very little energy.
plenty of people the same age as the Stones or older travel and play music and they don't do it for that amount of money and they don't travel by private jet,it's not an olympic event.

they'll put out a new record next year and do a tour,probably of Europe.why wouldn't they.

thumbs up

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 17, 2016 22:43

I do think they are approaching the end. I think they only question is will there be a fixed stop, final show, or will one of them get sick and that's the end.
The difference between saying this now and saying it in 1990 is that Keith is old and has health issues and Charlie is old.
It's possible that getting insurance for a tour is not viable anymore. These desert festivals are perhaps an exception because there are so many acts that the show would go on even if one of them couldn't appear. I'm just speculating.
The idea (above) of playing small clubs and then selling the stream to a television network might make the most sense.
I don't think there will be another album of original material.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 17, 2016 22:48

georgelicks

Don't expect a much bigger tour next year, I won't be surprised if they only play festivals.

Do you mean just 4-5 dates or a tour like in 2014?

Date: October 17, 2016 23:10

In my opinion there will be a new album of originals next year...Simply 'cause is necessary!

Date: October 17, 2016 23:55

Stonesfan2146
georgelicks

Do you mean just 4-5 dates or a tour like in 2014?

Not just 4-5 dates, but not more than 8-10 either with half of it being festivals.

Date: October 18, 2016 00:03

mailexile67
In my opinion there will be a new album of originals next year...Simply 'cause is necessary!

Necessary for some fans maybe, not for them or the general audience, nobody's dying to hear new Stones stuff and they won't play more than 1-2 songs from it live anyway.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 18, 2016 00:07

Lem, I always say it's over. I would have bet you cash
Cuba was the last show. Don't listen to me, I don't allow myself to entertain the possibility of seeing them again. And if I glimmer it,
it involves a mid-life crisis with causalities/ blackened burnt up buildings left behind as I run off never to return.
Dangerous band indeed.

Date: October 18, 2016 00:13

Necessary for Mick ego, for Band creative reputation and for the long time passed from last album of originals...I'm sure that Mick will insist to release new album next year!

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: October 18, 2016 02:15

I got no expectations they usually lead to disappointments.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: October 18, 2016 10:01

The Problem with a new album is that I am not aware about what they could write songs.

Sex? Obviously they still have some but is it really fun to hear some 70+ man sing 'Baby I'll get you sooner or later"?

Age? Yes they're old but would you want to listen to more than one song about illness & death?

Religion? They haven't got any.

Philosophy? It's not their style.

Drinking, cars, traveling through the country, etc.? They don#'t do any more.

Therefore they're gonna repeat all the golden hits as long as they can in the biggest possible setting.

P.S. No offence intended! These are my thoughts for discussion. Take it with a certain humour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-18 10:02 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2016 10:08

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-18 10:33 by NICOS.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: October 18, 2016 10:21

saltoftheearth
The Problem with a new album is that I am not aware about what they could write songs.

Sex? Obviously they still have some but is it really fun to hear some 70+ man sing 'Baby I'll get you sooner or later"?

Age? Yes they're old but would you want to listen to more than one song about illness & death?

Religion? They haven't got any.

Philosophy? It's not their style.

Drinking, cars, traveling through the country, etc.? They don#'t do any more.

Therefore they're gonna repeat all the golden hits as long as they can in the biggest possible setting.

P.S. No offence intended! These are my thoughts for discussion. Take it with a certain humour.

Maybe about US president Trump?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 18, 2016 10:44

A couple of new From the Vault releases, a few live dates and the studio album in about twelve months time.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 18, 2016 11:04

I think the end will come when Charlie says "its the end"
I also think we may get an album of originals next year so just maybe we'll get one last hurrah of concerts in Europe. Certainly something for the UK where by next year it will be 4 years since Glasto/Hyde Park 1 & 2

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 18, 2016 16:35

a european tour next year, album , and then Charlie will say..enough.
Its been a great ride, with a @#$%& great band.

thanks a Lot Stones !!

Jeroen

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 18, 2016 16:58

As long as he is healthy enough Charlie will never say goodbye.
He´s loyal because he knows he practically owes everything to Mick/Keith.
Where would he be without them? Nowhere.

His horses, his mansion, his richess - it all comes from Mick/Keith. Charlie is the lucky guy who was there when they were looking for a drummer.

Whenever Mick calls, Charlie will be there.
He would never want to be the reason for the band to quit.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 18, 2016 17:11

HMS
As long as he is healthy enough Charlie will never say goodbye.
He´s loyal because he knows he practically owes everything to Mick/Keith.
Where would he be without them? Nowhere.

His horses, his mansion, his richess - it all comes from Mick/Keith. Charlie is the lucky guy who was there when they were looking for a drummer.

Whenever Mick calls, Charlie will be there.
He would never want to be the reason for the band to quit.

I thinks it's the opposite, without Charlie the Stones would not sound like the Stones. Keith and Mick still need Charlie otherwise the Stones would never sound authentic.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1354
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home