Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:39

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:43

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:44

Cristiano Radtke
Do you mean this guy? It looks like Bjornulf indeed. Is he sporting a moustache now?

Or is it Bill Murray?

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:55

I wonder how Dylan's Sinatra set is going to go over with the crowd?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:58

MileHigh
The Sicilian
MileHigh
It looks like you will need binoculars even if you are in the front row. Or, you can just watch the big-screen TV.

I am go glad that I went to _real_ arena rock concerts in the early 1970s. It's just not the same nowadays. We have all the tech, and yet things are in some ways more remote than they have ever been.

Ain't that the truth. I now bring binoculars to every show I attend. But this is ridiculous.

Well, it turns out that the huge gulf between the stage and the seating is the "standing pit" where you don't need binoculars. I first thought it was a "safe space/no-mans land" for the performers.

BUT, the "standing pit" for over-the-hill moshers costs $1600 USD!!! No need to mosh, no need to clap, they can just rattle their jewelry instead.

Famous quote from John Lennon. Actually, They're currently going for $400 on stubhub smiling smiley I refuse to pay $1600 but if I'd known they were going to drop to $400, I'd probably have gone. Prices dropping rapidly for Weekend 2 too.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:59

A big thanks to Cristiano for keeping us all visually updated thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 8, 2016 03:00

I think the moustache guy is a mere lookalike...

Date: October 8, 2016 03:05

Beast
A big thanks to Cristiano for keeping us all visually updated thumbs up

My pleasure, Beast! It's easy to do that when people are posting a lot of pics. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 03:06

Beast

Having now seen Cristiano's freeze frame and met Mr Vik himself I agree Beast smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 8, 2016 03:17

grzegorz67
Beast

Having now seen Cristiano's freeze frame and met Mr Vik himself I agree Beast smiling smiley

Not Bjornulf, nope.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 8, 2016 03:21

Excited! Please a periscoper in the mix!
Got my Cali Desert woman's tee shirt on order
'Everything's turning to Gold'
and then blue
Have fun Bjornulf --
and Hairball, all you guys!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 8, 2016 03:27

An earlier picture of Roger Waters rehearsing has me wondering if the people on the ground are standing essentially in the pit or if the pit starts further back... I think perhaps the latter..

Date: October 8, 2016 03:37

georgemcdonnell314
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Cristiano Radtke
This is cool. There's also Dylan, Paul and the Who album covers there. I haven't found Neil and Roger Waters (or Pink Floyd) album covers yet, though.

[www.instagram.com]

I guess The Wall would be in poor taste, considering one of the presidential candidates...?

I wonder if Neil Young will play hurricane

No clue, but I wonder if Keith will...

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: October 8, 2016 03:46

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
georgemcdonnell314
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Cristiano Radtke
This is cool. There's also Dylan, Paul and the Who album covers there. I haven't found Neil and Roger Waters (or Pink Floyd) album covers yet, though.

[www.instagram.com]

I guess The Wall would be in poor taste, considering one of the presidential candidates...?

I wonder if Neil Young will play hurricane

No clue, but I wonder if Keith will...
Only if Dylan plays Isis...

Date: October 8, 2016 03:50

Any idea on what these are? I typed in 'Rolling Stones October 3 2016' in YouTube to look for video of the last private show, and dozens of links like this came up. Anyone willing to screen-cap this if it IS the real-deal?

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 03:56

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Any idea on what these are? I typed in 'Rolling Stones October 3 2016' in YouTube to look for video of the last private show, and dozens of links like this came up. Anyone willing to screen-cap this if it IS the real-deal?

No, those come up with every single concert or event you type in. I don't know what it's for. Maybe to get views and YouTube money?

Date: October 8, 2016 04:09

MonkeyMan2000
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

No, those come up with every single concert or event you type in. I don't know what it's for. Maybe to get views and YouTube money?

Malware links on the video description.

Date: October 8, 2016 04:13

Another view from the venue. I wish I could be there.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 04:15

Cristiano Radtke
MonkeyMan2000
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

Malware links on the video description.

All right! Thank you

Date: October 8, 2016 04:17

"The mothership has landed"

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 8, 2016 04:20

Cristiano Radtke
"The mothership has landed"

[www.instagram.com]

Well, I dreamed I saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun,
There were children crying
And colors flying
All around the chosen ones.
All in a dream, all in a dream
The loading had begun.
They were flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home in the sun.
Flying Mother Nature's
Silver seed to a new home.

It's the End Times! smoking smiley

Date: October 8, 2016 04:26

Posted by: Walapino ()
Date: October 8, 2016 04:28

When you guys talk about "upgrading" your tickets, you mean buying a new ticket altogether or there is a way to pay the difference say from GA to GA pit? please let me know i payed 399 for my GA 3 day pass but for a couple hundre bucks more would love to be upfront! thanks for any help!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: October 8, 2016 04:30

Although I do not regret skipping this, there really is no better place to be than the desert on an October evening. Stunning.

Date: October 8, 2016 04:32

Walapino
When you guys talk about "upgrading" your tickets, you mean buying a new ticket altogether or there is a way to pay the difference say from GA to GA pit? please let me know i payed 399 for my GA 3 day pass but for a couple hundre bucks more would love to be upfront! thanks for any help!

I'm not sure how that works, but I remember reading about people upgrading their tickets on the stadium concerts at Zip Code tour due to view restrictions or something like that. Perhaps you should try to find somebody from the organization and ask for a ticket upgrade.

Posted by: Walapino ()
Date: October 8, 2016 04:33

Cristiano Radtke
Walapino

I'm not sure how that works, but I remember reading about people upgrading their tickets on the stadium concerts at Zip Code tour due to view restrictions or something like that. Perhaps you should try to find somebody from the organization and ask for a ticket upgrade.

Thanks I will! thumbs up

Date: October 8, 2016 04:34

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 8, 2016 04:40

Koen
I'm still amazed how people can just stand there for hours, without needing to pee or eat or whatever.
I can't even stand for long periods without sitting for a break. I get a burning numb sensation in my thighs in different spots. Then after sitting for little while it goes away.

Date: October 8, 2016 04:41

"The show's about to begin..."

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: RRMan13 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 04:43

The young ones can't afford it. The old ones can't take it. But we will all be there. It's Only Rock and Roll.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home