Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 29
Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:00

Found this in the shop where waterrats also found the t-shirts.

EDIT: Christiano found them, thanks waterrats smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 01:21 by Stonesfan2146.

Re: The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan Desert Trip Friday 07-Oct-2016 live show updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:01

waterrats
Cristiano Radtke
It looks like there's free wifi on the venue, according to a friend of mine who's there right now. smiling smiley

Yes, I checked the site and what they say about using WiFi and there was no mention about blocking Scopes ... so I hope for the best! grinning smiley smiling bouncing smiley

thumbs up Have a great concert. Enjoy!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:14

It looks like you will need binoculars even if you are in the front row. Or, you can just watch the big-screen TV.

I am go glad that I went to _real_ arena rock concerts in the early 1970s. It's just not the same nowadays. We have all the tech, and yet things are in some ways more remote than they have ever been.

Date: October 8, 2016 01:15

bv
The desert is hot hot hot today probably around 93 F which is 34 C. It will get a bit more chilly this evening luckily. They say this is the biggest rock music event in history.

I've spent the past week listening to Sirius XM's temporary Desert Trip Radio, and every time they'd mention that I couldn't help but to feel a little depressed that I'm stuck anywhere but there...

Have fun and be safe, everyone from here over there! Take lots of videos! smiling smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:17

Stonesfan2146

Found this in the shop where waterrats also found the t-shirts.

Many thanks but this was Christiano who found 'em, ok?

But in any case: they sure look fine!

Posted by: Walapino ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:18

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
bv
The desert is hot hot hot today probably around 93 F which is 34 C. It will get a bit more chilly this evening luckily. They say this is the biggest rock music event in history.

I've spent the past week listening to Sirius XM's temporary Desert Trip Radio, and every time they'd mention that I couldn't help but to feel a little depressed that I'm stuck anywhere but there...

Have fun and be safe, everyone from here over there! Take lots of videos! smiling smiley

Can you please share the link of that temp radio station?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:20

bv

ha ha,it's not even the biggest rock music event in california history,but it will be great nonethess.have a great time everyone!

and if you're flying in from out of town remember to drink LOTS OF WATER.that area isn't L.A. or san diego,it's dry hot desert and will dehydrate you quickly especially if you're drinking alcohol and not used to the climate.the temp may drop but it's still dry as hell,just a heads up.again, have fun.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:21

mtaylor
bv

Live Aid was big as well. More bands playing less time each.

While this is much more organized, Live Aid was the best collaboration of bands in two venues since Woodstock 1969.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:23

waterrats
Many thanks but this was Christiano who found 'em, ok?

Thanks for the remark, already corrected winking smiley

Date: October 8, 2016 01:31

MileHigh
It looks like you will need binoculars even if you are in the front row. Or, you can just watch the big-screen TV.

I am go glad that I went to _real_ arena rock concerts in the early 1970s. It's just not the same nowadays. We have all the tech, and yet things are in some ways more remote than they have ever been.

Ain't that the truth. I now bring binoculars to every show I attend. But this is ridiculous.

Date: October 8, 2016 01:33

This is cool. There's also Dylan, Paul and the Who album covers there. I haven't found Neil and Roger Waters (or Pink Floyd) album covers yet, though.

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 01:35 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:34

Have a great time folks! But this can't be a real rock-event with all those seats!!!!! winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:38

This is cool.

How fun! Thanks Christiano, great pic! smiling smiley

Date: October 8, 2016 01:38

"Calm before the storm of the century"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: October 8, 2016 01:46

Walapino
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
bv

Can you please share the link of that temp radio station?

I only have a subscription for the car, but here's Sirius' site to log in in case you do have an account. The channel was 25 or 26.

Date: October 8, 2016 01:49

"We're out here!"

[www.instagram.com]

Date: October 8, 2016 01:49

Cristiano Radtke
This is cool. There's also Dylan, Paul and the Who album covers there. I haven't found Neil and Roger Waters (or Pink Floyd) album covers yet, though.

[www.instagram.com]

I guess The Wall would be in poor taste, considering one of the presidential candidates...?

Date: October 8, 2016 01:55

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

I guess The Wall would be in poor taste, considering one of the presidential candidates...?

I wonder if Neil Young will play hurricane

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 01:58

Cristiano Radtke
"No line, no organization and a bunch of angry people. #deserttrip you can do better than this!"

[www.instagram.com]

I'm pretty sure I spotted Bjornulf right at the start of that smiling smiley I've seen far more chaotic crowds of early arrivers than that! That's actually relatively civilised!

Thanks a lot for all your finds Cristiano. You add a lot to concert threads. You even pointed me to the cinema where I ended up watching Havana Moon (SWINDON)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-08 02:02 by grzegorz67.

Date: October 8, 2016 02:00

Date: October 8, 2016 02:02

Cristiano Radtke
"We're out here!"

What is that area in front of the first row of seats. Is it a general admission or a VIP standing section?

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:04

It's the GA pit.

Date: October 8, 2016 02:11

grzegorz67
Cristiano Radtke
"No line, no organization and a bunch of angry people. #deserttrip you can do better than this!"

[www.instagram.com]

I'm pretty sure I spotted Bjornulf right at the start of that smiling smiley I've seen far more chaotic crowds of early arrivers than that! That's actually relatively civilised!

Thanks a lot for all your finds Cristiano. You add a lot to concert threads. You even pointed me to the cinema where I ended up watching Havana Moon (SWINDON)

Do you mean this guy? It looks like Bjornulf indeed. Is he sporting a moustache now?

I'm pleased I could be helpful for you, grzegorz67. It's great to hear that. smileys with beer

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:14

The area in front of the seats is a standing pit. The GA area is behind the last of the seating on an open area.

There's a chart on this link:

[www.timeout.com]

Date: October 8, 2016 02:17

Another view of the stage setup (video): [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:22

I'm still amazed how people can just stand there for hours, without needing to pee or eat or whatever.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:24

That stage is a long way back from even the front of the pit. At least they've fitted in the Stones' catwalk. I wonder if Bob will use it too grinning smiley ?

Posted by: jkundl1 ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:26

PIT dropped down $400! Upgrade while y'all can!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:29

The Sicilian
MileHigh

Ain't that the truth. I now bring binoculars to every show I attend. But this is ridiculous.

Well, it turns out that the huge gulf between the stage and the seating is the "standing pit" where you don't need binoculars. I first thought it was a "safe space/no-mans land" for the performers.

BUT, the "standing pit" for over-the-hill moshers costs $1600 USD!!! No need to mosh, no need to clap, they can just rattle their jewelry instead.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 8, 2016 02:32

MileHigh
The Sicilian
MileHigh

Well, it turns out that the huge gulf between the stage and the seating is the "standing pit" where you don't need binoculars. I first thought it was a "safe space/no-mans land" for the performers.

BUT, the "standing pit" for over-the-hill moshers costs $1600 USD!!! No need to mosh, no need to clap, they can just rattle their jewelry instead.

or their teeth.....................

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home