Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: campxray ()
Date: October 28, 2016 02:15

First of all, people travelled from all over the world to see the first T-Mobile concert that was cancelled. It is my understanding that if the show was rescheduled, people would not receive refunds on their tickets as the tickets were to be used for the rescheduled show. The show was cancelled (not rescheduled) and I believe people will receive refunds on their tickets. People who traveled long distances, unless they were filthy rich, would not be able to attend a rescheduled concert so they would also have lost the money on their tickets. Considering this, I believe that it was a better choice to cancel than to reschedule ... and people who travel long distance always face this risk. Shit happens (as Keith would say).
Second, if the Stones never do the U.S. again, I can't blame them. The so called fans in the US bitch and moan too much ... they're tired of the same old setlist, the prices are too high, they didn't put on their best concert, etc. etc. The Stones caught so much flack about the T-Mobile concert not taking place because of Mick's laryngitis, it is just ridiculous. The conditions at desert storm were awful ... the heat and dust blowing everywhere. You could see Mick struggling, especially on Angie, on the 2nd weekend. Many, many people who attended Desert Trip also ended up with laryngitis, sore throats, loss of voice, etc. The desert was a poor choice for this whole thing. The promoters, etc were in charge of everything. They even made sure that what the artists/bands were paid for these concerts was higher than normal.
Third, I think the Stones did the US too many times. Fans in countries that they have not performed much are so enthusiastic, appreciative, excited ... no matter what. The 2016 Ole Tour was kick ass. The extra enthusiasm of the audiences for all concerts were so awesome, you could see the Stones extra enthusiasm, the smiles on their faces, extra energy, and even Mick loosened up more and laughed off some band goof ups, and he also did some extra ad lib stuff that was funny or very unusual for Mick. As far as ticket prices, someone already mentioned that ticket prices for the Zip Code Tour were reasonable, which they were. This is because the Stones only did Stadium shows (large audiences) and a couple of festivals. The Stones also quit staging with all the extra bells and whistles they used to have because they said they really didn't need them anymore and it would only raise ticket prices. The Stones had said about 2 years ago that they would no longer do arena shows ... only Stadium shows. Since a stadium has a larger capacity, the tickets can remain someone reasonable. They also said that they would never do Vegas again because Vegas had no Stadiums. They broke down, and since they were already in Vegas, they tried a couple of Arena shows. And yes, the ticket prices were higher. It is not cheap for the Stones to haul all their staging and equipment. And, as one last comment as to concert prices, it was just announced today on my local news that Cher would be on tour and in my area ... tickets are starting at $500 to $5,000. I have been a Stones' fan since 1964 and saw them in concert for the first time in November of 1965.

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 28, 2016 02:39

Next...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 28, 2016 02:53

Shesarainbow
Is it just my imagination, or are The Who going out in better style, and with a bit more dignity? I saw The Who twice this year, and The Stones twice this year. Both times The Who put on a much better, more passionate show. Seemed to connect with the fans a bit better as well.

Of course The Who have been on a farewell tour ever since 1989, and have had a lot more practice smiling smiley

thumbs up

I believe the first "Farewell" tour was in 1982 - I saw them with The Clash opening at the L.A. Coliseum that tour. The Clash won that battle with sheer angst and rebellion, while the Who should have indeed bid farewell imo.
Compared to when I first saw The Who in '79 (which they were already kind of over the hill), they were old dinosaurs at the Coliseum when compared to the highly energetic and cutting edge Clash.
But since they didn't say 'farewell', I saw them again about 10 years ago at the Long Beach Arena. Sad to say, it lacked alot of energy and passion...it was actually teetering on boring.

Fast forward to Desert Trip I &II. I wasn't expecting much from the Who based on the last time I saw them, but boy was I in for a huge surprise. Weekend I was explosive from the opening riff of Can't Explain followed by The Seeker, and continued until they finally left the stage - they easily blew the Stones away. For Weekend II the Stones did quite a but better, and I might say it ended up a draw between them and The Who, but that would be stretching the truth...The Who reigned supreme once again.

But in answer your inital question - yes. The Who are going out in better style with ALOT more dignity, while the Stones have simply petered out leaving their fans shaking their heads. If they don't come back to the US, hopefully they'll tour in Europe, come to their senses, and go out with a bit more style and grace.

campxray
It is my understanding that if the show was rescheduled, people would not receive refunds on their tickets as the tickets were to be used for the rescheduled show. The show was cancelled (not rescheduled) and I believe people will receive refunds on their tickets. People who traveled long distances, unless they were filthy rich, would not be able to attend a rescheduled concert so they would also have lost the money on their tickets.

I believe that is false. Any concert that is postponed usually gives the person who bought tickets the option get a refund or hold on to them for a rescheduled date. I could be wrong in this case, but it happened to me at one of the postponed/rescheduled Amsterdam shows in 2003. There's no way I could make it back to Amsterdam for the rescheduled date, and I happily received a refund. After seeing quite a few shows that tour, it was actually nice to get some money back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 03:00 by Hairball.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 28, 2016 02:54

It can't be true that people who couldn't make a rescheduled show would never get a refund. Yes, the tickets would be valid for the second date but if you can't make that date, you get a refund.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 28, 2016 02:59

tumbled
Next...

The doctor will see you now...

"Sniff! Oh dear doctor...The Rolling Stones played for rich people! I am SO traumatized! I can't listen to 'Salt Of The Earth' ever again!! I...am...so...Sad. Sad. Sad. Sniff!"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 28, 2016 03:03

Beast
It can't be true that people who couldn't make a rescheduled show would never get a refund. Yes, the tickets would be valid for the second date but if you can't make that date, you get a refund.

That's my understanding and experience as well which might have been part of the reason to ultimately cancel it.
Since many who bought tickets were from out of town, there's a good chance that many of them would not be able to make it back which would then result in a massive stockpile of newly unsold tickets.
Rather than hoping to sell the tickets again which might have been difficult at those outrageous prices, they decided not worth the risk and embarrassment of having another partially filled arena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 03:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 28, 2016 03:08

If your band was offered a large amount of money to play a private show would you take it?

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 28, 2016 03:09

Hairball
Beast

That's my understanding and experience as well which might have been part of the reason to ultimnately cancel it.
Since many who bought tickets were from out of town, there's a good chance that not many of them would be able to make it back which would then result in a massive stockpile of newly unsold tickets.

That's my take on it as well. Most people came for that first show from out of town and the majority wouldn't have made a rescheduled show. Thursday 27th was being bandied about as a possibility at one point, but it was never going to happen because, apart from anything else, the arena would have been pretty damn empty.

I've also had refunds several times for rescheduled shows. It's a legal right!

Date: October 28, 2016 03:26

Beast
Hairball
Beast

That's my understanding and experience as well which might have been part of the reason to ultimnately cancel it.
Since many who bought tickets were from out of town, there's a good chance that not many of them would be able to make it back which would then result in a massive stockpile of newly unsold tickets.

That's my take on it as well. Most people came for that first show from out of town and the majority wouldn't have made a rescheduled show. Thursday 27th was being bandied about as a possibility at one point, but it was never going to happen because, apart from anything else, the arena would have been pretty damn empty.

I've also had refunds several times for rescheduled shows. It's a legal right!

Sorry. I must have read some misinformation after the first T-Mobile concert didn't take place about rescheduled shows not receiving refunds. I do know that a LOT of people were in a panic about it. But, yes, I did read at the time that a rescheduled date would probably have resulted in a massive stockpile of newly unsold tickets.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 28, 2016 03:50

The RS fans can be quite smitten, to unhealthy levels. Maybe the RS
'simply petering out leaving the fans heads shaking' (and I love ya Hairball)
is a way of gradually letting us down.
Maybe they need to gradually let themselves down.
I think their way with a cash windfall might be easier ;-)
Seriously tho. Let's give them a little sympathy.
Do you think they could get thru a show at MSG pronounced
'Last Show Ever' ?

Keith almost didn't make it saying goodbye in South America.
And who could blame him 'Ole, Ole, Ole, Richards, Richards'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 03:52 by 35love.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 28, 2016 03:51

mandu
If your band was offered a large amount of money to play a private show would you take it?

Like the guys need it

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 28, 2016 04:16

swimtothemoon
To clarify: the second Vegas show was advertised, by the promoter and The Rolling Stones, as the last US show THIS year (2016). As far as I know the only "last US show ever" comment, was made in reference to the recent private show. This comment does not appear to have been made by the band but instead by the person or organization paying the four million for the private show. Personally I attribute the "last show ever" comment to his ego and not to fact.

Probably more like the "last show" he'll pay for!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 28, 2016 04:18

The first cancelled Vegas show is a refund.

That's it. There's no mystery.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 28, 2016 04:47

35love
'Last Show Ever' ?

It was a long time ago I read it but Charlie did say once, "I hope we go out with a bang and not just a whimper".............(I guess we'll see..

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 28, 2016 05:03

What I understand, from stated policies and emails and results is this:

For the Oct. 19 show, as long as it was on hold for possible reschedule, fans who bought from AXS were able to choose whether to get an outright refund or to trade for Oct. 22 tickets or hold on for a possible reschedule.

Those of us who ended up buying from secondary markets were told unless the show was outright cancelled we would not get a refund but had to make it to the reschedule or find someone who would buy our ticket for that.

I was hoping for a reschedule (not able to stay for Oct. 22) and am disappointed, understanding at the same time how that didn't happen. I don't think I can manage to go to Europe, but you never know, when it comes to the Rolling Stones. cool smiley

Thanks for all the clips, pics and reviews of the "second" LV show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 28, 2016 05:10

35love
'Last Show Ever' ?

Very well said, and let's give them a little sympathy. I have a handwritten image of a note handwritten by Keith, but there's no easy way to upload it from from my computer's hard drive. It says ....."People say 'why don't you give it up?' I don't think they quite understand. I'm not doing it just for the money, or for you. I'm doing it for me." - Keith Richards. But they all do their hardest to put on the best show they can and want to please their fans. They are a phenomenon, IMO. They now have young fans ... fans of all ages. You still hear their names or music come up on sitcoms, in movies, and their music is still playing in the background of current TV commercials. I'm a Stones' fan since 1964.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: October 28, 2016 05:16

Shesarainbow
Is it just my imagination, or are The Who going out in better style, and with a bit more dignity? I saw The Who twice this year, and The Stones twice this year. Both times The Who put on a much better, more passionate show. Seemed to connect with the fans a bit better as well.

Of course The Who have been on a farewell tour ever since 1989, and have had a lot more practice smiling smiley

I was at what was billed as "The final Who show". December 1982.....

Date: October 28, 2016 05:45

angee
What I understand, from stated policies and emails and results is this:

For the Oct. 19 show, as long as it was on hold for possible reschedule, fans who bought from AXS were able to choose whether to get an outright refund or to trade for Oct. 22 tickets or hold on for a possible reschedule.

Those of us who ended up buying from secondary markets were told unless the show was outright cancelled we would not get a refund but had to make it to the reschedule or find someone who would buy our ticket for that.

I was hoping for a reschedule (not able to stay for Oct. 22) and am disappointed, understanding at the same time how that didn't happen. I don't think I can manage to go to Europe, but you never know, when it comes to the Rolling Stones. cool smiley

Thanks for all the clips, pics and reviews of the "second" LV show.

Thanks, Angee. That's what I must have read that the show had to be cancelled in order for all holders of tickets to get refunds. Sorry things didn't work out for you, but it does sound like that you would not have gotten a refund if you couldn't make it to the rescheduled show. I couldn't afford to travel anywhere to see the Stones, other than their playing in my local area. Although not there in person, I totally enjoyed the Ole Tour with Periscope feeds, youtube videos, pics, iorr, and following them every way I could online. With the availability of everything online these days, one can still enjoy a Stones' Tour. I saw them last year, 14th row field, but I would love to see them at least one last time. I hope they do do a European Tour, even though I can't be there.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 28, 2016 08:53

mandu

Probably not, if my band was offered a large amount of money to play a big arena show for more people.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2016 09:21

THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO REPORTS FROM THE PRIVATE GILETTE STADIUM SHOW

Most comments here are related to policies on where and how the Rolling Stones perform. Therefore please use the FOLLOWING thread for such discussions. It is a new thread. Offending posts will still be deleted, but you may express your opinion.

New thread:

Private shows and cancellations : [iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 28, 2016 10:23

Shesarainbow

Considering Roger nearly died of meningitis last year the Who still sound incredible. Pete still has all his guitar skills and Rogers voice is better than its been for many years, they always give the Stones a run for their money lol.
Pleased you enjoyed seeing them, they still love what they do. Pete and Roger may have put on a few pounds in weight but they still rock.

Date: October 28, 2016 10:31

stone4ever
Shesarainbow

Considering Roger nearly died of meningitis last year the Who still sound incredible. Pete still has all his guitar skills and Rogers voice is better than its been for many years, they always give the Stones a run for their money lol.
Pleased you enjoyed seeing them, they still love what they do. Pete and Roger may have put on a few pounds in weight but they still rock.

Both bands are great. I'm glad they're still around thumbs up

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 28, 2016 12:47

mandu

If the singer said 'we're putting the band back together for some rich folk, what d'ya think?'

Count me in!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 28, 2016 13:14

campxray
First of all, people travelled from all over the world to see the first T-Mobile concert that was cancelled. It is my understanding that if the show was rescheduled, people would not receive refunds on their tickets as the tickets were to be used for the rescheduled show. The show was cancelled (not rescheduled) and I believe people will receive refunds on their tickets. People who traveled long distances, unless they were filthy rich, would not be able to attend a rescheduled concert so they would also have lost the money on their tickets. Considering this, I believe that it was a better choice to cancel than to reschedule ... and people who travel long distance always face this risk. Shit happens (as Keith would say).
Second, if the Stones never do the U.S. again, I can't blame them. The so called fans in the US bitch and moan too much ... they're tired of the same old setlist, the prices are too high, they didn't put on their best concert, etc. etc. The Stones caught so much flack about the T-Mobile concert not taking place because of Mick's laryngitis, it is just ridiculous. The conditions at desert storm were awful ... the heat and dust blowing everywhere. You could see Mick struggling, especially on Angie, on the 2nd weekend. Many, many people who attended Desert Trip also ended up with laryngitis, sore throats, loss of voice, etc. The desert was a poor choice for this whole thing. The promoters, etc were in charge of everything. They even made sure that what the artists/bands were paid for these concerts was higher than normal.
Third, I think the Stones did the US too many times. Fans in countries that they have not performed much are so enthusiastic, appreciative, excited ... no matter what. The 2016 Ole Tour was kick ass. The extra enthusiasm of the audiences for all concerts were so awesome, you could see the Stones extra enthusiasm, the smiles on their faces, extra energy, and even Mick loosened up more and laughed off some band goof ups, and he also did some extra ad lib stuff that was funny or very unusual for Mick. As far as ticket prices, someone already mentioned that ticket prices for the Zip Code Tour were reasonable, which they were. This is because the Stones only did Stadium shows (large audiences) and a couple of festivals. The Stones also quit staging with all the extra bells and whistles they used to have because they said they really didn't need them anymore and it would only raise ticket prices. The Stones had said about 2 years ago that they would no longer do arena shows ... only Stadium shows. Since a stadium has a larger capacity, the tickets can remain someone reasonable. They also said that they would never do Vegas again because Vegas had no Stadiums. They broke down, and since they were already in Vegas, they tried a couple of Arena shows. And yes, the ticket prices were higher. It is not cheap for the Stones to haul all their staging and equipment. And, as one last comment as to concert prices, it was just announced today on my local news that Cher would be on tour and in my area ... tickets are starting at $500 to $5,000. I have been a Stones' fan since 1964 and saw them in concert for the first time in November of 1965.

thumbs up

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 28, 2016 14:25

campxray
it was just announced today on my local news that Cher would be on tour and in my area ... tickets are starting at $500 to $5,000. I have been a Stones' fan since 1964 and saw them in concert for the first time in November of 1965.

The world happily goes nutssmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 28, 2016 16:22

Maindefender
campxray

thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 28, 2016 16:38

campxray
It is my understanding that if the show was rescheduled, people would not receive refunds on their tickets as the tickets were to be used for the rescheduled show.

Wrong, as others have already pointed out.

campxray
Second, if the Stones never do the U.S. again, I can't blame them. The so called fans in the US bitch and moan too much ... they're tired of the same old setlist, the prices are too high, they didn't put on their best concert, etc. etc.

We are the ones who bitch about the setlist because we've heard it 100 times. The average concert goer does not moan because he wants to hear the greatest hits.

campxray
The Stones had said about 2 years ago that they would no longer do arena shows ... only Stadium shows. Since a stadium has a larger capacity, the tickets can remain someone reasonable. They also said that they would never do Vegas again because Vegas had no Stadiums.

When and where did they say this? Don't think they did.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 28, 2016 16:54

latvianinexile
campxray
It is my understanding that if the show was rescheduled, people would not receive refunds on their tickets as the tickets were to be used for the rescheduled show.

campxray
Second, if the Stones never do the U.S. again, I can't blame them. The so called fans in the US bitch and moan too much ... they're tired of the same old setlist, the prices are too high, they didn't put on their best concert, etc. etc.

We are the ones who bitch about the setlist because we've heard it 100 times. The average concert goer does not moan because he wants to hear the greatest hits.

campxray
The Stones had said about 2 years ago that they would no longer do arena shows ... only Stadium shows. Since a stadium has a larger capacity, the tickets can remain someone reasonable. They also said that they would never do Vegas again because Vegas had no Stadiums.

Yes, everything in that post is wrong. If you have a ticket to a show that does not take place on the day of the show you get a refund even if the show is rescheduled. The fact that a scalper/reseller might not refund you their profit is irrelevant. That's why tickets have face value. And the idea that the Stones touring plans might be affected by fans complaining abut setlists on a website is ludicrous. They make lots of money playing their greatest hits. That is what people want to hear. And hardcore fans want to see more rarities. It's the same with every band. But please don't think that anyone cares what is said here by a handful of fans, or that posters here represent "US fans," who gladly pack stadia to hear the greatest hits.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 28, 2016 17:15

bv
THIS THREAD IS DEDICATED TO REPORTS FROM THE PRIVATE GILETTE STADIUM SHOW

Most comments here are related to policies on where and how the Rolling Stones perform. Therefore please use the FOLLOWING thread for such discussions. It is a new thread. Offending posts will still be deleted, but you may express your opinion.

New thread:

Private shows and cancellations : [iorr.org]

There was one report on this board from someone at the show. No need for a "thread" in that case.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 28, 2016 18:57

Rokyfan
latvianinexile
campxray

campxray

campxray

Yes, everything in that post is wrong. If you have a ticket to a show that does not take place on the day of the show you get a refund even if the show is rescheduled. The fact that a scalper/reseller might not refund you their profit is irrelevant. That's why tickets have face value. And the idea that the Stones touring plans might be affected by fans complaining abut setlists on a website is ludicrous. They make lots of money playing their greatest hits. That is what people want to hear. And hardcore fans want to see more rarities. It's the same with every band. But please don't think that anyone cares what is said here by a handful of fans, or that posters here represent "US fans," who gladly pack stadia to hear the greatest hits.

seriously,how in the hell did those guys thumbs up that pile of shit.i was trying to just ignore it and hope he'd go away.
people get things wrong sometimes but when you just make things up-"the stones said 2 years ago they would no longer do arena shows only stadiums" no they fcking didn't
"they said they wouldn't do vegas again because they had no stadium" again,uh NO...

you wouldn't blame them if they didn't do the U.S again because the "so-called fans" bitch and moan too much"-REALLY? you mean those"so-called fans" who bought the 70 million albums and 1.5 billion dollars in concert tickets or are you talking about some other "so-called fans"

your point about "the stones taking so much flak" for cancelling vegas 1 is also complete bullshit.the fans actually complained very little considering how much they had to go through when that show was nixed.

so they should just keep playing the same songs over and over but go to different locals that haven't seen them as much?great, so be a travelling vegas lounge act with the creativitiy of a jukebox,great idea...you may have set an iorr record for wrong in one post.i'm gonna come up with a "single post wrong"award in your honor.

and that cher thing...cher...,@#$%& CHER?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 18 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home