Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19
Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 26, 2016 16:49

JJF; what can a poor boy do.. Hahahaha !! Good one Stones !!
Still love this band to death , cant wait for Europe 2017 .
One Love
Jeroen

Re: Private Rolling Stones show at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro/Boston Tuesday October 25
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 26, 2016 17:27

There's something about these 'private' paid for shows that makes me feel uneasy...for me the Stones stood for the exact opposite of this elitism. But at the same time, if someone I know said, do you want to go to see a Stones private gig, I'd be there in a shot!

It will become concerning when they cease to play to large audiences and do more of these sort of private gigs, at that point I think my patience will have finally given in. They don't need the money, and if they do it for the love of playing (which I don't think they do) they could just as easily do a few club shows. I'm afraid it's pure greed and the worst side of Rock n Roll, but in this age of money can buy you anything it's kind of to be expected.

The hypocrite that I am, if I had a few billion going spare, I'd probably do the same and try and book them....but I wouldn't do it like this. I'd book a venue, small, something along the lines of El Mocambo, I'd book the band, I'd ensure I got to meet them privately and that me and my friends had a perfect spot, unobscured and where the sound hit the sweet spot, but then I'd give the tickets away to the general public rather than just my rich friends, who may not necessarily even be Stones fans.

Date: October 26, 2016 17:46

crumbling_mice
There's something about these 'private' paid for shows that makes me feel uneasy...for me the Stones stood for the exact opposite of this elitism. But at the same time, if someone I know said, do you want to go to see a Stones private gig, I'd be there in a shot!

It will become concerning when they cease to play to large audiences and do more of these sort of private gigs, at that point I think my patience will have finally given in. They don't need the money, and if they do it for the love of playing (which I don't think they do) they could just as easily do a few club shows. I'm afraid it's pure greed and the worst side of Rock n Roll, but in this age of money can buy you anything it's kind of to be expected.

The hypocrite that I am, if I had a few billion going spare, I'd probably do the same and try and book them....but I wouldn't do it like this. I'd book a venue, small, something along the lines of El Mocambo, I'd book the band, I'd ensure I got to meet them privately and that me and my friends had a perfect spot, unobscured and where the sound hit the sweet spot, but then I'd give the tickets away to the general public rather than just my rich friends, who may not necessarily even be Stones fans.
smileys with beerdrinking smiley
Exactly my thoughts Mice. thanks. Fully agree.
jeroen

Date: October 26, 2016 17:54

Keith with Peter Wolf yesterday (from Peter Wolf's Facebook page).

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 26, 2016 17:58

DandelionPowderman
Keith with Peter Wolf yesterday (from Peter Wolf's Facebook page).

thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 26, 2016 17:58

The only thing that makes me feel better today is that picture of Peter Wolf.
Thanks, DP!

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: October 26, 2016 18:06

Somebody wrote they've become a brand and not artists anymore.
I'm not *mad* at them for doing this, I just don't find it interesting or appealing. Interesting to me is Brian and Keith jamming in a decrepit flat; or Mick and Keith building up SFTD; or the magic that happened in that basement in the south of France; or the tours in the late '70s when they had that SG material and kicked ass. They used to be artists.
This is just boring.
More power to them for making money. That's what wealthy, driven people do -- they try to make more money. They don't *need* the money, but time is running out and they all want their families to continue living in the stye they are used to when they are gone.
And to a certain extent, touring and being a Rolling Stone is what keeps Keith going, so maybe that enters into their motivation.

Date: October 26, 2016 18:11

Kurt
The only thing that makes me feel better today is that picture of Peter Wolf.
Thanks, DP!

Yeah, Nice. Peter wolf is an Artist.
Thanks.
jeroen

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 26, 2016 18:18

jumpontopofmebaby
Only 14 songs? I would be pissed. That's $285,714 per song if the guy paid 4 million

note to self

If I ever pay the Stones 4 million dollars for a private show it will be stated in the contract there will be a guarantee of at least a 2 hour long show and 24 songs!

I Pretty much stated that earlier in this thread and I get to pick the setlist or no deal.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 26, 2016 18:29

[www.bostonherald.com]

Final show they will ever do in this country? The Boston Herald quoting Kraft.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: October 26, 2016 18:30

mattleeuk
Super great show! The shortest but probably the best private show I've ever been to... loads of energy, loads of interaction with the crowd. Everyone had a lot of fun. The catching practise paid off, I scored five picks, a personal best :-)

I see Joe Carozza did well he has none other than Meredith Frost digging his Instagram feed

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: October 26, 2016 18:31

wonderboy
I'm not *mad* at them for doing this, I just don't find it interesting or appealing. Interesting to me is Brian and Keith jamming in a decrepit flat; or Mick and Keith building up SFTD; or the magic that happened in that basement in the south of France; or the tours in the late '70s when they had that SG material and kicked ass. They used to be artists.
This is just boring.
More power to them for making money. That's what wealthy, driven people do -- they try to make more money. They don't *need* the money, but time is running out and they all want their families to continue living in the stye they are used to when they are gone.
And to a certain extent, touring and being a Rolling Stone is what keeps Keith going, so maybe that enters into their motivation.

I think this is spot on. Mick even made mention a few tours ago that one of his big motivations now is making sure Charlie and Ronnie get to make as much money that they can while they can - since neither benefit from publishing royalties.

I have very mixed feelings about this outing, and initially felt somewhat duped as a ticket holder for the Wednesday Vegas show. I have no valid reason to feel that way though, so I don't anymore. There was no album to promote, no theme, no extended tour. This outing was set up to be one big Omaha/cash grab. All the power to them I guess. It will just give me some pause next time they come through town. (yeah right, as usual I'll be as giddy as a 13 yr old girl and of course I will buy tickets to every show I can when they go on sale! Bastards)

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 26, 2016 18:56

Kennedy
wonderboy
This is just boring.

I think this is spot on. Mick even made mention a few tours ago that one of his big motivations now is making sure Charlie and Ronnie get to make as much money that they can while they can - since neither benefit from publishing royalties.

I have very mixed feelings about this outing, and initially felt somewhat duped as a ticket holder for the Wednesday Vegas show. I have no valid reason to feel that way though, so I don't anymore. There was no album to promote, no theme, no extended tour. This outing was set up to be one big Omaha/cash grab. All the power to them I guess. It will just give me some pause next time they come through town. (yeah right, as usual I'll be as giddy as a 13 yr old girl and of course I will buy tickets to every show I can when they go on sale! Bastards)

How nice of Mick to be so concerned about Ronnie and Charlie....if you believe that, you'll believe anything! Mick and Keith will still be taking home the majority of the money from any shows or tours and if he had such a concern about their financial well being then surely he would have been aware that they were getting short changed for decades on tours and made their cut a little larger!

No, this is about making money for the Glimmer Twins essentially and it makes you wonder where the buck will stop....next it will be wealthy billionaires paying out millions to get a particular song on an album or a song written for a family member.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: October 26, 2016 19:13

crumbling_mice
Kennedy
wonderboy
This is just boring.

How nice of Mick to be so concerned about Ronnie and Charlie....if you believe that, you'll believe anything! Mick and Keith will still be taking home the majority of the money from any shows or tours and if he had such a concern about their financial well being then surely he would have been aware that they were getting short changed for decades on tours and made their cut a little larger!

No, this is about making money for the Glimmer Twins essentially and it makes you wonder where the buck will stop....next it will be wealthy billionaires paying out millions to get a particular song on an album or a song written for a family member.

Charlie Watts said to be worth $170 million & Ronnie Wood said to be worth $90 - $100 million. I think they're doing just fine

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 26, 2016 19:21

Maybe since I shut myself out of live shows for so long,
that my thrill is the here and now.
Example: I don't want to re-watch a 12 year old documentary
'Tip of the Tounge' the RS app is promoting as 'live'
but rather the live Twitter snippets of the band talking,
or scoping them performing as I'm viewing,
it gets me rocking now.
Not that I don't participate in the gravy love train
of Vault releases, Cuba DVD coming my way,
and oh yeah
Blue and Lonesome!
Long live The Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 26, 2016 19:21

bam
[www.bostonherald.com]

...And I'm back to being disgusted again.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 26, 2016 19:24

Right Stones get on a plane today and turn up at Bill's gig!

Date: October 26, 2016 19:28

Kurt
bam
[www.bostonherald.com]

Ah, he's saving face. Boston Herald outted him (or was it Stones fans?)
on his ridic exorbitant price for a small party.
What's he gonna say to justify it? Besides
You want the best, you gotta pay.
I know how you're feeling Kurt, not making light of that.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 26, 2016 19:57

to me what has happened is the rolling stones just steadily kept getting smaller and smaller over the last few years.

finally when the time came for me to jump when they said jump,i just didn't care anymore.the old"it's the stones man!" thing just became -"so what"
the vegas shows were the start of it-they went on sale and i was getting ready to shell out the usual couple thousand for tickets,pay for airfare,book a hotel and at some point it dawned on me that the stones just aren't that good anymore,not good enough to command that kind of money or attention.

for them to charge $750 for lower level they would have to be putting out great new music for the last 10 years,be playing great,have an unpredictable show and have their credibilty in tact[as in not playing birthday parties]-the gold standard for a rock and roll band, none of which they are.

i get the feeling there is gonna be more of us doing the same thing and putting out a very average,run of the mill blues album isn't gonna make the hardcores jump back in line and start emptying their wallets again.
and before you say "nobody is forcing you to buy tickets,just stay home"...i already did.

Date: October 26, 2016 20:02

35love
Kurt
bam
[www.bostonherald.com]

Ah, he's saving face. Boston Herald outted him (or was it Stones fans?)
on his ridic exorbitant price for a small party.
What's he gonna say to justify it? Besides
You want the best, you gotta pay.
I know how you're feeling Kurt, not making light of that.

Wowsa thats sucks if true. What a way to go out. Wonder how many times Mr Kraft had ever even seen them.

And I would say there is a lot of truth to that. No reason for him you say that at all. HE had to have heard it from someone.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 26, 2016 20:11

Why would the Stones have Kraft announce that?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 26, 2016 20:14

HOW MANY TIMES have people here suggested that people on this form at iorr.org could raise enough money for a private show for iorr people.

... So that would be just as fair, right?
... Only it's very unlikely
... UNLE$$

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: October 26, 2016 20:21

If that was the last US show, I am satisfied and feel blessed for all the great shows over the years.

I was lucky enough to attend the infamous LA show in 2013 that included 4 Mick Taylor spots. There is simply no way that can be topped at this point.

I saw them again in 2015, but it was evident by then that they were on auto-pilot, and it seemed to me a sort of last pass-through. Just as they did with Japan, Australia and South America. Now, one last lap through Europe, and that would be a logical conclusion to a great touring life. Then.....OPEN THE ARCHIVES!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-26 20:22 by Kennedy.

Date: October 26, 2016 20:25

bam
[www.bostonherald.com]

the mistake you guys are making is believing something you read in the print media.

don't worry,it's about a 99.9% chance that mr kraft said "you're at the final show the stones will do in america" meaning-THIS YEAR.

for you guys in europe you have to realise the news media in america is a complete joke, they just make things up or twist it around to sound the way they want.it's all about getting attention or being sensational,the truth has nothing to do with anything anymore.
if you read something about the stones most of the time they probably just clicked on this website for their info,they are that lazy and true reporting is a thing of the past.i wouldn't put any stock in this silly story AT ALL.

i hate to say it but the kraft family are really good people,there is no way he would try and start some controversy around the stones.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 26, 2016 20:31

lem motlow
bam
[www.bostonherald.com]

the mistake you guys are making is believing something you read in the print media.

don't worry,it's about a 99.9% chance that mr kraft said "you're at the final show the stones will do in america" meaning-THIS YEAR.

for you guys in europe you have to realise the news media in america is a complete joke, they just make things up or twist it around to sound the way they want.it's all about getting attention or being sensational,the truth has nothing to do with anything anymore.
if you read something about the stones most of the time they probably just clicked on this website for their info,they are that lazy and true reporting is a thing of the past.i wouldn't put any stock in this silly story AT ALL.

i hate to say it but the kraft family are really good people,there is no way he would try and start some controversy around the stones.

thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 26, 2016 20:37

lem motlow

We know, and that happens not only in the US.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 26, 2016 20:44

Robert Kraft has virtue and honesty and would never lie or embellish the truth just the same with Deflategate when his football team was deflating the footballs for Tom Brady .Oh wait a minnute the NFL suspended and fined Tom Brady for deflategate .Kraft should stick to his less than honest ways of running his football club .

Date: October 26, 2016 20:52

Why can't the RS do a NY gig for Exibitionism ?!
They are ready / fit
and need to sell some tickets, no?
Oh well. I'm not going to NY anyway, can't get away,
just seems like a good idea,
especially after Kraft threw down the gauntlet, if he indeed said that
but indeed maybe it's true
I said to my H after viewing last night's clips
(and thanks again Matt Lee!)
Well the boys looked tired
to which my 46 yr old H laughed
uh, that's how they always look (meaning old)
maybe we (the hardcore fans) and them (the RS)
don't want to admit it ...

Date: October 26, 2016 21:00

TheGreek
Robert Kraft has virtue and honesty and would never lie or embellish the truth just the same with Deflategate when his football team was deflating the footballs for Tom Brady .Oh wait a minnute the NFL suspended and fined Tom Brady for deflategate .Kraft should stick to his less than honest ways of running his football club .

you have to be an american football fan because that's the only way anyone would say something this divorced from reality.

you actually think the chairman and ceo of the kraft group has anything to do with "running his football club"-i can see the board meeting now,"yeah we're gonna deflate the balls a couple of pounds,but we need a vote from the board of directors first,ok,get those ball boys in the meeting room,it's a go.."

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: October 26, 2016 21:04

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-28 00:38 by hopkins.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home