Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What is wrong with micks ears
Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: August 29, 2005 13:45

Ok the Stones have just produced an album that even a critic whould say is good. I say it is great!

Why in hell do they release the weaker songs for airplay? They did this on BTB too, even though the best song on their is worse than the weakest i have heard on ABB.

Does Mick not know a good song when he makes One? Or is this some dumb marketing ploy?

First they release SOL and RJ. These are the weaker ballad and the average rock song on the album. WTF!

I sure as hell hope they release IWTL, SSC, DB, LIND e.t.c as singles or release them for radio play. I am sick of these ballads aimed at fifteen year old girls being released. Man their is some great AC/DC(who were inspired by the stones in the first place) hard rock on this album. I want some of my non stones friends to hear this stuff.

I am off to drink some nuclear waste...

Re: What is wrong with micks ears
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 29, 2005 17:38

"Streets of Love" sounds so much like "Old habits die hard" which one got rewarded by the establishment that I believe somebody in the Stones camp must have thought it would make a solid first single. It is strange because Mick and Keith said on at Julliard that the new album was going to be hard rocking and then as a first single we get a ballad. Anyway, I love the songs from ABB that I have been able to ear until now.
Rollmops

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 29, 2005 17:56

uz2bstoned. Bull. RJ aint no goddam average rocker.
It´s as good as Brown @#$%& @#$%& Sugar!!!
Everything else is nostalgy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-29 19:55 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: August 29, 2005 18:05

I THINK IT is good to open the album..but then they can release the next single, which could be their stronger track when the stones are in high gear on tour.. so it should sell more albums and more tickets..the 1st single tells the world, wow the stones are back and their 2nd single says buy the album...the stones are the greatest rock band ever!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 29, 2005 18:36

Somehow I think we'll realize later on that Mick made the right decision. Let us keep in mind that Mr Jagger is pretty experienced in this business after all.

Baboon Bro: I definitely agree that Rough Justice is not an average rocker, but it's not in the same ballpark as Brown Sugar. But it's pretty close I'd say and one of the absolute best tunes of the album.

Posted by: Bone Machine ()
Date: August 29, 2005 18:46

Yo Bro,

I agree Rough Justice is not a average rocker, it's a F'IN great ROCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I crank it every chance I get at work, and now I have winamp playing the album over and over...and it a great one!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: August 29, 2005 18:47

A valid point. It also happened when Dirty Work was released and the single was Harlem Shuffle, when as we all know, One Hit to the Body is the much-superior song.

I shudder to think how many poeple will hear SOL and assume it is the best song on the album and forego hearing the other goodies.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 29, 2005 19:49

Yes but Harlem Shuffle (which I happen to love, & it would sound great on this tour) was the Top 5 hit in the US (Hot 100) - 'One hit' peaked at # 28
IMO RJ is a great rocker, better than most anything on the radio, but not in league w/ BS, especially lyrically (then again, what is?). But it is very good.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 29, 2005 19:57

"Man their is some great AC/DC(who were inspired by the stones in the first place) hard rock on this album"

now don't call me picky, but as a HUGE AC/DC fan and as someone who has now heard the album in full (its decent, better than BTB for sure)

i can't hear 'anything' that vaguely resembles the DC

what have you been listening to ?

Posted by: drake ()
Date: August 29, 2005 22:26

I still say ONNYA would have been the ideal single. Bside could've been Laugh I Nearly Died...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 29, 2005 22:32

Remember Keith didn't won't to release "Satisfaction" as a single either. Sometimes, even these guys get it wrong. Plus, in this day and age of marketing, they might be overruled by record company suits.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: August 29, 2005 23:31

---i can't hear 'anything' that vaguely resembles the DC

DB and SSMC. What I meant was any staion that plays lots of acker dacker will lap some of these songs up. Our rock radio plays SOL once a day if that.

I also think BIGGEST MISTAKE is a better Mick song than SOL.

--- uz2bstoned. Bull. RJ aint no goddam average rocker.

I think there are better songs on the album, but I still really really like this song. Should have been pushed more than SOL. I just don't like the "am i just one of your cocks" lyrics.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 29, 2005 23:33

'Rough Justice' is still the best song they've released since 'Tattoo You' in my opinion. 'Laugh, I Nearly Died' is a close second

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 29, 2005 23:39

I thought you were gonna about the fact that mick has no earlobes
take a look and you will see, very strange looking

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home