Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The show Roadies account of how Skynard blew the Stones off the Knebwoth Stage? Is it true?
Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 25, 2016 15:52

I don't even know what that means....If you like Skynard better you'll enjoy their show the most; This is so silly.

Re: The show Roadies account of how Skynard blew the Stones off the Knebwoth Stage? Is it true?
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 25, 2016 16:38

Of course leteyer is right but as a person who was there for the Stones, I will say LS were fantastic - short set but so sweet - so with that praise in mind I'll try to give an objective point of view as someone who enjoyed both - a lot - LS were like really good Fish & chips but the Stones were like a 5 course dinner - I know which I would choose as a last meal, however much I like Fish & chips............."

blew the Stones off stage? ............that roadie must have been on drugs...........smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 20:35 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DonParker ()
Date: August 25, 2016 17:53

For a true Rolling Stones fan even the early 7-tees Mahavishnu Orchestra didn't blow them off the stage. Think what you like. smiling smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: August 25, 2016 18:25

leteyer
I don't even know what that means....If you like Skynard better you'll enjoy their show the most; This is so silly.

Why do you guys pretend like this is complicated. Of course a band can be blown off stage. IF the band before them plays with energy and sounds alot better then they will blow you off the stage. If the crowd is alive because the earlier band creates so much energy but the crowd is dead for the next band then they were blown off the stage.

I have idea if this happened at Knebworth but its ridiculous to pretend like you don't understand what it means.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 25, 2016 20:44

Stones were great in their decadence at full display in 1976.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 25, 2016 20:56

What is that smell??

Date: August 25, 2016 21:06

stanlove
leteyer

Why do you guys pretend like this is complicated. Of course a band can be blown off stage. IF the band before them plays with energy and sounds alot better then they will blow you off the stage. If the crowd is alive because the earlier band creates so much energy but the crowd is dead for the next band then they were blown off the stage.

I have idea if this happened at Knebworth but its ridiculous to pretend like you don't understand what it means.

It gets complicated when both bands are on top form.........if you were primarily an LS fan beforehand you'd probably say LS were best, if you were a Stones fan, vice versa.......subjective bias comes into play.....

I was there and although LS were terrific I think it's wishful thinking or drunken thinking to claim they trashed the Stones.....he must have really hated the Stones beforehand to think that.........

The Stones were like something from the twilight zone (in a good way), especially Midnight rambler ...........(as redhotcarpet said..........

Date: August 25, 2016 22:11

EddieByword
stanlove
leteyer

It gets complicated when both bands are on top form.........if you were primarily an LS fan beforehand you'd probably say LS were best, if you were a Stones fan, vice versa.......subjective bias comes into play.....

I was there and although LS were terrific I think it's wishful thinking or drunken thinking to claim they trashed the Stones.....he must have really hated the Stones beforehand to think that.........

The Stones were like something from the twilight zone (in a good way), especially Midnight rambler ...........(as redhotcarpet said..........

If the audience was 50/50 between both bands or 80/20 for the Stones and the audience reacted way better to LS then the Stones got blown off the stage. Again not saying it would happen. It doesn't matter who you like better it matters who played better on that day.

The Stones are far and away from favorite band of all time. There basically is no number 2. But I am sure if the 1969 version of the WHO opened up for the 1981 Stones that i saw in Buffalo I would come away thinking the Stones got blown off stage. Doesn't matter that i like then more.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 25, 2016 22:18

Why is everything always turned into a contest. Just enjoy the music you like, that's it.

Date: August 25, 2016 22:29

stanlove
EddieByword
stanlove
leteyer

If the audience was 50/50 between both bands or 80/20 for the Stones and the audience reacted way better to LS then the Stones got blown off the stage. Again not saying it would happen. It doesn't matter who you like better it matters who played better on that day.

The Stones are far and away from favorite band of all time. There basically is no number 2. But I am sure if the 1969 version of the WHO opened up for the 1981 Stones that i saw in Buffalo I would come away thinking the Stones got blown off stage. Doesn't matter that i like then more.

ok

Date: August 25, 2016 23:41

Koen
Why is everything always turned into a contest. Just enjoy the music you like, that's it.

Tis has nothing to do with it. My question is always why do some people take music so seriously that they think there is something wrong with comparing how two bands did on a day.

FACT is one of those bands outplayed the other. For people who were there that day more of them went away thinking one of the bands played better then the other. Its involuntary. Its not a big deal.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 26, 2016 01:47

duke richardson
cant imagine the Stones would be blown off any stage by any band

but Skynyrd was very good live..

grinning smiley

Pick one of the openers (ACDC, Guess Who in their original lineup or even Rush) and they blew the Stones off the stage at the SARS concert in Toronto. It can happen.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 26, 2016 02:17

umakmehrd
What is that smell??

The Breeze.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 26, 2016 23:07

stanlove
leteyer

Oh, now I understand...Like the gig in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Juan Luis Guerra blew the Stones off the stage too...People dancing with the salsa guy and having fun means blowing-off the main act. Silly me that the only thing I like about opening acts for the Stones is when they leave the stage. I apologise for liking the Stones (even in their worst day) better than any other group.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 27, 2016 06:36

Its Skynyrd...skynyrd. Not Skynard!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 27, 2016 10:03

Crazy talk....Comparing Skynrd with The Rolling Stones! I'm sure the audience
enjoyed Skynrd, as the band was at their peak, but nowhere close to the Stones.

Posted by: Freebird1959 ()
Date: August 28, 2016 12:31

umakmehrd
What is that smell??

The Breeze.

Or could be Curtis Loew..............

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home