Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 19 of 24
Re: The Rolling Stones Olé Olé Olé! : A Trip Across Latin America
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 17, 2016 15:10

Bashlets

In the USA the movie is up on iTunes to download now but I can't watch this on a tablet or computer screen.

Yesss .... here're some links:

USA: [iTunes.apple.com]

Canada: [iTunes.apple.com]

France: [iTunes.apple.com]

Germany: [iTunes.apple.com]

Netherlands: [iTunes.apple.com]

Norway: [iTunes.apple.com]

Portugal: [iTunes.apple.com]

Australia: [iTunes.apple.com]

New Zealand: [iTunes.apple.com]

Japan: [iTunes.apple.com]

Argentina: [iTunes.apple.com]

Chile: [iTunes.apple.com]

Nothing yet in UK, Spain, Brasil ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-17 15:15 by Irix.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 17, 2016 17:41

Irix

A worldwide release as a single DVD/Blu-ray could have bonuses

Are we sure that's in the works?
So far, I haven't heard anything conclusive about that.

Sure hope it'll see the light of day though...

Date: December 17, 2016 17:55

RoughJusticeOnYa

Are we sure that's in the works?

I've wrote could have -- and I only wanted to show an example that bonuses/extras are not impossible.

At the time of my post I didn't even know about the iTunes release ....

Posted by: HankM ()
Date: December 17, 2016 17:56

I agree with what was said about the thing earlier in this thread, but I disagree that it could still happen today. The world is different today.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 17, 2016 19:23

Irix

I would imagine the DVD will have bonus cuts

Unfortunately it hasn't (I have the blu ray from the Ward box).

Maybe it has no bonuses because it was part of the Japanese 'Havana Moon' Deluxe-Box.

A worldwide release as a single DVD/Blu-ray could have bonuses - or the Olé-Documentary could be part of another package, e.g. along with rarely played songs from the Latin America Olé Tour 2016.

I hope you're right, I realy do, but so far not much of the Japanese bonus stuff has been released world wide.

Date: December 17, 2016 20:50

GJV

I hope you're right, I realy do, but so far not much of the Japanese bonus stuff has been released world wide.

I meant at least the two full-length bonus performances from the Argentinian Tour dates, shown in the US-Cinema.

The Olé-Documentary itself has a runtime of 1h:40mins, so there's still space on the disc. At this occasion they could have added a second disc with the rarely played songs from the Latin America Olé Tour 2016 and it would have been a really interesting package ....

Date: December 17, 2016 21:02

Yes, I know what you meant, but I meant that not much (if anything at all) of the exclusive Ward stuff was released worldwide after a while, can't think of anything, so a small chance that this Olé, olé, olé docu will be released worldwide.

Date: December 17, 2016 21:20

GJV

[...] so a small chance that this Olé, olé, olé docu will be released worldwide.

The Olé-Documentary has just been released worldwide -- on iTunes: [iorr.org] .

Date: December 18, 2016 00:09

Ok, you're right about that. Let's hope they release it on dvd/blu ray too.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 18, 2016 05:11

Irix

I meant at least the two full-length bonus performances from the Argentinian Tour dates, shown in the US-Cinema.

The Olé-Documentary itself has a runtime of 1h:40mins, so there's still space on the disc. At this occasion they could have added a second disc with the rarely played songs from the Latin America Olé Tour 2016 and it would have been a really interesting package ....

1000% agree!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 18, 2016 09:17

tonyc
I also missed the two extra songs after the movie.

I saw it with a packed house last Monday, and during the credits 95% of the audience left. My party of two were walking out but luckily were stopped by the unexpected first bonus song starting up, when we both immediately sat back down, as did others. "Holy sh*t we almost missed this!" After the second song hopes were up for a third. Someone ten rows back said, "We're not going anywhere!" Someone else said, "Anyone have a lighter?" Hoping for an encore! I think we all felt a bit smug we hadn't left with the 95% during the credits.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 21, 2016 22:56

US Television 2017 debut:

[www.google.com]

Mariachi version of 'Happy' from Ole Ole Ole - Download?
Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: December 29, 2016 00:56

Greetings,

Does anyone know if the Mariachi version of 'Happy' from Ole Ole Ole is available for download anywhere?

Thx.

Re: Mariachi version of 'Happy' from Ole Ole Ole - Download?
Date: December 29, 2016 10:15

Maybe here: [we.tl] ?

Date: December 29, 2016 10:40

Faded-out before Keith's Voice-over: [we.tl] .

This Mariachi-version of 'Happy' could be a nice Ringtone ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-06 21:50 by Irix.

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: December 29, 2016 17:58

Excellent - thank you!! Love it!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 29, 2016 18:08

Saw it the other night for the first time.

Interesting but not really essential for us fans (for me at least).

Follows the same scheme of the Flicks and (in particular) Biggest Bang documentaries, but longer and focused only on South America. The very scene of Keith playing guitar by the pool on top of the hotel is almost a remake of one of the final scenes in Shine a Light. Very Scorsese. But the music is good, so who cares! Doesn't the build up to the Cuba show (too staged btw) recall the preparation of the Altamont show in Gimme Shelter?

Somehow the SA concert scenes from the Biggest Bang docu were more powerful.

Country honk even if staged was great.

Loved Ronnie's painting

Some interesting notes from the band members.

Was expecting more from the stones digging in the various local music scene etc. Not much digging after all!

On a side note, I liked the overall feeling you get of how life is in South America's big towns. Not exactly the usual "post card" that is sold over here in Europe.

C

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: December 29, 2016 21:36

Anyone for a download with english or french subtitles?
thanks in advance

billypreston_1@hotmail.fr

smileys with beer

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: December 30, 2016 00:09

Many thanks
such a band of friendshot smiley

Date: December 30, 2016 10:50

AntoineParis

Anyone for a download with english or french subtitles?

It's (almost worldwide) available on [iTunes.apple.com] .

Subtitles: dutch, french, german, italian, spain, portuguese.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-30 11:10 by Irix.

Date: January 6, 2017 18:32

Hello Irix!

Thx for the WeTransfer upload of the mariachi version of "Happy" (especially that one with the fade-out before Keith's voice-over...);
unfortunately, when that one was posted, I had just left for holidays - I could play it on my iPad; but for some reason I was unable to download it. And now that we're back, the download link isn't available anymore. =o))
Could you please re-post it...?!

Also, I'd like to ask if anyone has taken the effort to provide the (autentic) samba version of "Sympathy" from that same film in mp3-format... Even with the voice-over of that lovely 'sambista' (forgotten his name), that was one intersting piece of music!!

Thanx a million -
All the best for all of your 2017's, dear fellow IORRians!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 6, 2017 21:21

hello all...i've been skimming thru this thread looking for an answer but i'm still uncertain so i will simply ask in hopes that someone will reply.

does the ole' ole' ole' (latin america tour movie) include the havava concert or merely lead up to it? is ole' primarily a documentary of "behind the scenes" stuff or a concert movie featuring performances from throughout the tour?

thanks in advance.

(and i assume that because it is an eagle rock production it will be officially released on blu-ray/dvd)

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: January 6, 2017 21:45

sweet neo con
hello all...i've been skimming thru this thread looking for an answer but i'm still uncertain so i will simply ask in hopes that someone will reply.

does the ole' ole' ole' (latin america tour movie) include the havava concert or merely lead up to it? is ole' primarily a documentary of "behind the scenes" stuff or a concert movie featuring performances from throughout the tour?

thanks in advance.

(and i assume that because it is an eagle rock production it will be officially released on blu-ray/dvd)
if you want to see the Cuba concert you need the Havana Moon dvd

Date: January 6, 2017 21:50

RoughJusticeOnYa

Done: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 7, 2017 04:46

Al65
sweet neo con

thanks in advance.

thanks but...i have the havana blu-ray. just want to know detailed contents of ole' ole ole'...and how it's presented. documentary with live performances interspersed? any other details. thnx

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 7, 2017 05:40

sweet neo con
Al65
sweet neo con

thanks in advance.

thanks but...i have the havana blu-ray. just want to know detailed contents of ole' ole ole'...and how it's presented. documentary with live performances interspersed? any other details. thnx

That's it, with only two full songs on it if I'm not wrong. There are some other very interesting scenes, like Keith and Mick playing Country Honk on the backstage at São Paulo, Sympathy for the Devil being rehearsed in LA and You Got The Silver being rehearsed backstage (in Mexico, I think). Overall, it's one of the best Stones documentaries I've ever seen.

If you're in USA you can watch it on Starz next Sunday, January 15:

EXCLUSIVE U.S. TELEVISION PREMIERE OF ¡OLÉ, OLÉ, OLÉ! & HAVANA MOON
The tour documentary The Rolling Stones ¡Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America will have its U.S. television debut on STARZ on Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 9 PM ET/PT, and the historic concert documentary Havana Moon on Sunday, January 22 at 9 PM ET/PT.

The Rolling Stones ¡Olé, Olé, Olé! A Trip Across Latin America documentary is an intimate insight into the world of the Rolling Stones, while following their tour in early 2016 through 10 Latin American cities, combining electrifying live performances from across the tour as well as their historic tour finale in Havana, Cuba. The documentary gives an inside look at the interworking of the creation of the historic Cuba show, through interviews with the tour promoter, management, production and logistics managers, and the band members themselves.

Havana Moon features the full Havana concert, which marked the end of their tour and the first time a foreign rock band has ever played Cuba. Fans will see Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood mesmerize generations of fans with performances of classic hits including ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, ‘It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)’, ‘Wild Horses’, ‘Honky Tonk Women’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, ‘Paint It Black’ and ‘Miss You’.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 7, 2017 18:02

Maindefender
US Television 2017 debut:

[www.google.com]

Interestingly enough, I went to set to record Ole on my DirecTV system, and while it has it listed, the description says it's the Cuban show.

Date: January 8, 2017 14:48

Irix
RoughJusticeOnYa

Done: [iorr.org] .

...Thx-Thx-Thx-Thx-Thx!!
Got it, now. =o))

P.S.: did you rip & fade this yourself?
in that case: I hope I won't "overstretch my welcome", here... but: you think the same could be done for that "Sympathy" samba stuff? Would really appreciate it...

Date: January 8, 2017 17:25

RoughJusticeOnYa

I'd like to ask if anyone has taken the effort to provide the (autentic) samba version of "Sympathy" from that same film in mp3-format...

Here it is, but it has the voice-over from Sambista 'Osvaldinho': [we.tl] .

Dunno if Osvaldinho's comments are separately available on the Center-channel of the (Japanese) DVD/Blu-ray 5.1-Audio, so that the pure Music itself could be extracted.
I don't have the (Japanese) DVD/Blu-ray and cannot test the 5.1-channel Audio at the moment.

Date: January 8, 2017 18:40

Irix
RoughJusticeOnYa

I'd like to ask if anyone has taken the effort to provide the (autentic) samba version of "Sympathy" from that same film in mp3-format...

Here it is, but it has the voice-over from Sambista 'Osvaldinho': [we.tl] .

Dunno if Osvaldinho's comments are separately available on the Center-channel of the (Japanese) DVD/Blu-ray 5.1-Audio, so that the pure Music itself could be extracted.
I don't have the (Japanese) DVD/Blu-ray and cannot test the 5.1-channel Audio at the moment.

...GREAT!!! Thanx a million!! thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324Next
Current Page: 19 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home